Grimoire- Need your thoughts.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LaggyTryHard, Oct 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I'm making a fairly large castle on rising right now (rebuilding and finishing it from when i first started it on archive last year- click here).
    I have a fun idea which I wanted to incorporate into it:

I want to make it into a
    vault town.
    On the surface, it'll be the large castle with the intimidating face but underneath i want to make multiple 50x50 sized vaults- similar to this one that I've build for Chundi in the past (Click this - Previous_Work>Ice_Dragon_Vault).

Each vault will contain a minimum 416 D-Chests (Likely more) worth of space.
    That's about 22464 stacks of items.
    Once purchased, it is the users forever (User can sell to other players).
    Town will contain roughly a max of 8 vaults.
    Each vault will be its own plot- ensuring that no other person can open the chests. (Save your /locks)
    Each will be sold at around 200k 300k- maybe more (Yeah I want it to be expensive haha).
    The larger vaults will be sold for 600k+.
    Might need to ban item frames from being placed to prevent lag?

Sheer size of item capacity.
    Possibility to make profit by selling it in the future.
    Guaranteed security even after years of inactivity.
    No fear from the yearly LWC cleanup.

This is a prebuild- user will not be able to change any blocks within the vault.
    Fairly expensive.
    Might need to set a home in the vault
    (but at the same time, user is fully capable of walking to vault from warp- will be made very easy to find)

What I need from you...
    Do you think this is a good idea?
    How much should each vault cost?
    Should this be restricted to Mayor+?
    Any thoughts/opinions in general?

Should I hold a little opening party and the first customer gets it half off?
    Any other benefits/negatives to be added to the list?

#1 LaggyTryHard, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  2. Quackk

Quackk I like to build
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +245
    Do you think this is a good idea? Helllll yeaaaaaa
    How much should each vault cost? pshhh as much as you'd want, they're nice as hell!!
    Should this be restricted to Mayor+? With exceptions for some residents like when matrix was res
    Any thoughts/opinions in general? Your builds make me nut
    Should I hold a little opening party and the first customer gets it half off? Sure, or hold a competition for discounts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. xHarambae

xHarambae President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +549
    Do you think this is a good idea? I think it is a great idea. It allows an idea for security with users who may go offline for 6 months or longer.
    How much should each vault cost? I think vaults should start at a minimum of $250,000 ECD.
    Should this be restricted to Mayor+? No. This disables your opportunities for future business.
    Any thoughts/opinions in general? I think this is a neat idea that can only expand further.
    Should I hold a little opening party and the first customer gets it half off? No.

4. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    lmao, thanks Quackk!

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback :D

I'll add in a benefits and a negatives for this idea up above as well.

5. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    Update:
    Now that I have towncontrol++, I am able to prevent anyone other than the owner themselves from entering the vault- one further level of protection.

6. SirRosa

SirRosa Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +13
    Do you think this is a good idea? Yes!
    How much should each vault cost? around 2k
    Should this be restricted to Mayor+? It would make it nicer.
    Any thoughts/opinions in general? I think this is a really good idea and I will look forward to seeing it!
    Should I hold a little opening party and the first customer gets it half off? Yes!!
    Any other benefits/negatives to be added to the list? Thats all =)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    Do you think this is a good idea? Yes. The build is amazing and it's a great idea.
    How much should each vault cost? I'd pay around $50,000 any more and it's out of reach for me
    Should this be restricted to Mayor+? Nah, the price point restricts it enough.
    Any thoughts/opinions in general? I'm not sure your claims of permanent protection can be backed up in practice. You'd need a policy that there are to be three active town owners at all times. That way, if one goes offline for more than a month, the first vault purchaser becomes an owner and so on. Otherwise the town could get Tycoon'd and stripped for precious contents by the new owner.
    Should I hold a little opening party and the first customer gets it half off? I like the idea of a competition for discounts. Makes it more of a sport.
    Any other benefits/negatives to be added to the list? A potential negative is that you'd have to use a sethome or navigate miles of hallway to get to your vault. The place looks huge!

8. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    Awesome! Thanks for the input :)
    The more info I get, the better I can make the place haha.

You make some pretty good points there! I have an idea of some people i'd be willing to put down as "owners", I don't think placing customers in charge of the town is a great idea so ill probably place some trusted members of the server in if they want it. I don't think I've ever been inactive for more than 3 months on the server and it takes 6 months for even the possibility of a tycoon to take it, but its always good to have backups.

I want to make this area leaning towards the "exclusive" side- allowing the vaults to hold a large amount of value- similar to colebex's farm perms back in archive (Im not sure if i spelt that right).
    It seems the general consensus is to have a small competition/welcoming party to open the build- I wonder what i could do.

Thanks to everyone whose commented! I'm always looking for more input haha

9. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    Thanks to the amazing Mission001 and Ladyvamptress, Grimoire will now have 3 active owners at all time preventing any tycoons from snatching away the loot.
    Please keep in mind, all queries about the town are to be directed towards me! LadyV and Mission are only here for security and won’t be able to answer any questions or add/remove members from future plots :)

I’m always looking for feedback! Be sure to leave your thoughts on how to make this better

#9 LaggyTryHard, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  10. iZweet

iZweet Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +39
    a vault town wont work since the 1.14.4 update on the server says there is a chance you will lose everything in your chests but I like castles and I can help build it

11. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    Thanks for the input!
    The castle probably wont be ready until after the update (im estimating the castle will take about a month to finish) so there isnt any worry of that. Also, the probability of losing items is luckly extremely low!

Thanks for the offer! I intend to solo build the fortress but gladly accept any and all criticism :)

#11 LaggyTryHard, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  12. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    I feel like i'll just make a hide and seek event for the first customer getting a discount/free vault.
    I can just place my head somewhere in the fortress and the first person to find it can be the victor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. xboyfernz

xboyfernz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1
    Ratings:
    +1,263
    Do you think this is a good idea? Yes it's a wonderful, new idea.
    How much should each vault cost?
    Hmm 50x50 is quite large 100k to 250k
    Should this be restricted to Mayor+?
    No?
    Some people as we have seen before choose to stay as builder or resident sometimes.
    Any thoughts/opinions in general?
    I was thinking that you could make vaults of different sizes for different prices. So like maybe a 25x25 one and a 50x50 just to allow some other people who maybe can't afford it, also I don't know whether people will use up the whole vault and there may be empty chests.
    Should I hold a little opening party and the first customer gets it half off?
    Nah no need. You mentioned hide and seek, but I feel that it is quite tacky and goofy. You are a offering people premium vaults here you need to either show them that you're premium maybe by auctioning the first vault off at a live auction or like maybe even a different remake of minewars where you bid not only to get the vault but the goods inside the vault so like netherstars or a bit of ores? Something that will appeal more to the users your trying to target I feel hide and seek appeals more to new players.
    Idk if this is within your budget to be putting expensive goodies into the vault but it's just an idea I guess. Do whatever works for you.

Any other benefits/negatives to be added to the list?
    It is a really good idea, however you may have people wanting some custom made ones that suit their style. Some people enjoy gradually building their own vault as well. Some may find it a drag to move everything into these vaults (I know I do). Although, I'm sure some people will be interested in this and I'm not trying to put you down I'm just trying to give criticism my honest opinion on it.

Question:

Will there be an option to have signs put in place already I know I find it hard putting signs at every chest and stating what's in it etc? It would be nice to get there and have everything labelled so I can just fill it up with my stuff.

14. LaggyTryHard

Ratings:
    +964
    I really appreciate the super detailed response!

I'm actually planning on having a multi tiered layout where the top most layer will be the fairly large vaults (i'd say around the 100x60 range in dimensions) with many more vaults being on the bottom floors with the originally planned 50x50's (although they might be a little smaller due to space constraints- with no impact to carrying capacity). I fee like the 50x50 sized vaults are the smallest I'd be will to go! But I totally understand your concerns :)
    And to add- having empty chests in the vault is the ideal goal here- cause it means the user won't be able to fill up all the chests all in one go. If they fill up all the chests, then they have a problem as to where to place the remaining goods since they won't be able to simply just plop a chest down and keep going. By providing an excess of chests, I'd be guaranteeing customer satisfaction.

That's actually a very good point.
    I don't think I'm capable of handling an event like minewars- and plus a player did try to recreate one in his own terms and the backlash was quite severe! Maybe an auction might be the best way to go about it- I'll have to sit on it haha.

Oh I totally understand that! Everyone would love to have a custom vault built for them but sadly there is no way it would fit in with the theme of the castle. By providing prebuilt vaults, it saves the user time, money, space and added security to their items at the cost of adding customized themes. A vault such as the one I'm proposing actually sold for about 600k since it was custom built (quite insane I know! haha), by allowing users to purchase something similar for about half of what it would have cost if it was custom built, I hope they can see the value in the property.

This is something I'd be totally fine to do! Once the user were to purchase a property, we could discuss what they would want labelled and such, I find it to be no issue at all :)

And thanks again for the super detailed response! It's fun to see everyone's thoughts and ideas

#14 LaggyTryHard, Oct 29, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  15. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    Locked upon request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.