Denied Fix /worth

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BobbyBlack, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Since you won't make a /worth list how bout you fix /worth since it's been broken for months now. This is a vital command in an ECONOMY server and should be priority for fixing. There is no reason that this is still broken. Lately nothing has been fixed. Backpack took forever to be fixed. /sell took forever and now /worth is taking forever. And ontop of that auction plugin is broken too.

2. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    +1 I have been seeing lots of new players coming lately and asking what prices are for things because they simply do not know..
    I understand selling 1 of something to get the price is the go to right now but that is also very buggy..

3. TheWizardofNoz

TheWizardofNoz Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +223
    Ok, but like, what if someone comes on and /worth's the items on the server and then steals the prices? Didnt think of that did ya?[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. BobbyBlack

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    I bet jamiesinn watches console for people constantly using /worth on all the items ecksdee

5. KingNdm

KingNdm ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,495
    I agree I think /worth should be on the top priority. During the Discord developer thingy we had it was explained that /worth wasn't top on the priority list, but I believe it should be.

+1

#5 KingNdm, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  6. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,518
    Also true, the command doesn't work so how could they do this at this moment. Maybe jamiesinn was foreshadowing by saying he wouldn't put a list up because perhaps we will never get /worth back???

7. TheWizardofNoz

TheWizardofNoz Builder

Ratings:
    +223
    Ive actually got an idea, what if only the mods have access to a table of item prices (so they can't steal it) but they are required to tell people the price when asked.

8. Mcguy65

Mcguy65 Dirt
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +631
    How ever we have a mod that runs a fake ECC so the prices can be stolen still..

9. TheWizardofNoz

TheWizardofNoz Builder

Ratings:
    +223
    Ok then, what if you do /worth and are asked for a pssword, and at the same time all the mods on are pm'd a letter or number in alphabetical order, and you get the code from each of them, enter it, and then get the worth of the item.

10. y0landi

y0landi Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +108
    Thats complicated... How about instead we just sell one of every item together and then I can make a macro that will do /worth

11. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Congratulations. You are the <insert number here> person to suggest this.

Is the server online? Just checking. Because that's my priority right now. Keeping it online.

Fixing worth, along with the other bugs that 1.9 caused are in our todo list. I have been under direct order from @andrewkm not to touch anything until we have a chance to skype about it. This is because of the nature of the things we have to do in order to fix it and complete the desired changes.

Honestly, I care more about one of my closest friend's health than an overly needy and self centered player on a server that I work for. The fact you don't, appalls me.

Andrew is slowly getting back to work on ECC, and is not going to be working at 100% for a while.

Honestly, this is my opinion on the whole matter:

1. Why on earth should I fix something that is A. Not game breaking/critical for exploits for players (as in corrupts our economy). B. Not entirely "gone" - You can still use /sell <item> 1 to get the price of it. Sure it requires one item to sacrifice, but it's a solution.

2. My answer regarding the worth.yml file is that because it's the stance we have for all server files. It is blanket, and there is no exceptions. Simple. Could people systematically go through every single item in the server and compile their own? For sure! Do we care? No. Will we give out the file? No. Same blanket statement.

It's the same reason/ideology as people asking "Can you give us the config file for XXXX plugin?" - No. Because people can copy our server with them, same blanket statement.

3. People want something to whine about, so you chose this. Simple as that. You could have picked one of the other bugs on the server which could be much more damaging (such as MCMMO not respecting the itembreakevent and occasionally destroying Star Axes, and Star Rods) but since this is the hottest topic you choose this to rant and salt about.

For anyone wishing to debate me, or try to tell me that this is a stupid idea, and I should go fix it - I'll be on discord in the #podcast channel for anyone who wants to come discuss it. Lets keep this thread free of further salt, as the dead sea is running low.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Potato Potato x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    #11 JamieSinn, Mar 28, 2017
  12. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,518
    NAH B I chose to rant about multiple things but /worth is my most important thing because A. I used it alot and now I can't most likely because of your shit essentials rewrite. I'm sorry but it is so annoying having to do a work around. Also Andrew's health has nothing to do with you being the developer on a server that your paid to develop for and run. Andrew's health doesn't stop you from developing and fixing things so I don't see that as a proper excuse. And yes I do care for Andrew and am concerned for him but that doesn't stop be from playing on his server does it? Also I can't come onto discord because I'm banned from it for some reason.

#12 BobbyBlack, Mar 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.