Denied Erep to all

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blizzard_04, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +97
    I am suggesting simply that we give all users /repair or /erep with a 12 hour cooldown so that the users that already bought the feature will still have a advantage. In my whole Ecc/Minecraft Life I have NEVER EVER seen as many /ch tr erep adds! The amount of people needing ereps in absolutely INSANE!
    Everyone is by all means welcome to comment!

2. travellord

travellord gℓσвεтяσттιηg ρяεsι∂εηт
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +91
    -1, for how much the feature costs I'll feel pretty ripped off. It doesn't cost much to get an erep and some people even do it for free. Also, unlike previous features that were given out such as water and /warp, this feature isn't essential to actual gameplay on the server and isn't something that turns away new players if they don't have access to it.

#2 travellord, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  3. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    That is not really the issue, the issue is kinda that player should be dependent on someone who has ExtCom+ to get a e-rep but if they aren't online or is just willing not to help? That is some issue.

Also 12 hours per enchanted repair wouldn't completely devalue it, in fact that most players would need a repair usually every half hour or even faster if they are using a tool to break something in an instant like pumpkin farming with efficiency 5 and unbreaking 3.
    Even 2 hours per repair can't do much still, you usually exhaust your tool within 20 to 30 minute averagely.

Though, there are a lot of similar features to this.
    Or alternatively, make e-rep cost experience like kukelekuuk00's Suggestion, players without feature repairs with experience at a normal rate, ExtCom repairs with experience at a half rate and ExtCom+ repairs with no experience at all (or quarter rate).

#3 rNin, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  4. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder

Ratings:
    +97

Wait, I am very confused. are you agreeing or disagreeing with this?

5. rNin

rNin Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +84
    I'm agreeing (and like) with both of suggestions, though either only one can be considered due to some conflicts.

However for this suggestion...

Free repair will need around 2 hour cooldown, longer than 3 hours will just be too long or shorter than 1 hours will just possibly devalue the current ExtCom+, most players so am I would ask for additional enchanted repair anyways due to relatively long cooldown.
    ExtCom repair will need around 20 to 30 minute cooldown, several time faster and just enough to repair most tools within the time frame and possibly make ExtCom more valuable since it now can do enchanted repairs but at a reduced cooldown.
    ExtCom+ will have no change, it would still be valuable and useful as it is.

Only ExtCom+ has ability to repair all tools at once and every ExtCom feature ranks can do enchanted repairs.

Just my two cents on this suggestion.

#5 rNin, Aug 8, 2016
  6. RaginDevonian

RaginDevonian Pro Pokemon Player
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $47,000
    Ratings:
    +1,023
  7. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Hmm,
    I could do with 600k refund :3

So many people would be outraged, so i doubt this will happen.
    Good intentions though.

Maybe create a group up of people who have the ability to erep and create something to help others. Im sure someone was looking to do that recently.

8. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder

Ratings:
    +97
    Tpa costs too and that suggestion is doing well so I really this is an amazing suggestion.

9. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +436
  10. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    Why not allow the use of command blocks and ability to create regions as well?

Huge -1 from me: not much because it would devalue ExtCommands(Plus), but because in vanilla Minecraft there's no such a thing as a free-lunch command repair, in the first place. You have to use an anvil, diamonds and xp, and every time you repair an object, it's one xp level more expensive than last time, therefore there's an insurmountable cap at how many times you can repair an object before you can't repair it anymore.

ExtCommands(Plus) costs a lot of irl money (or ecodollars), however it's still way too cheap compared to the infinite number of times it allows you to repair a tool. I was horrified the first time I came to this server after years of vanilla gameplay when I discovered that silk shovels were used to gather grass when light and time turns dirt into grass for free, and that silk picks were used to gather smooth stone when it would have cost barely anything to smelt cobble using coal in a furnace.
    If we were to give away the god-like ability to repair anything for free in an hardcore economy server, we could get rid of the very concept of ecodollars and market as well. Now that this ability is not universal there's at least a (risible) market for ereps.

It's been suggested that /repair should cost xp or something: then that could change things a bit (though still not enough, imho).

TL;DR: too big a power to give away to everyone, therefore big -1 unless something changes deeply.

#10 Expipiplusone, Aug 8, 2016
  11. Blizzard_04

Blizzard_04 Builder

Ratings:
    +97
    What about a 24 hour cooldown? This way people with the feature have even a larger advantage because they spent there ecds on it?

12. Kick_Me_1235

Kick_Me_1235 Retired Mod
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,556
    Tpa also costs a lot less than extcommands+...

As for the suggestion, -1.

13. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    I don't think a cooldown would change anything in any case, longer or shorter. The most sensible way would be to make /repair cost something, even to ExtCommandsPlus users (though only a fraction of the basic price). And being an ExtCommandPlus user myself, when I say this I'm going against my own interest much more than I would go if I supported this suggestion, as the last time I erep'd for money was like months ago.

14. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,400,000
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    This may have been changed in a recent version update, but renaming a tool prevents the cost from rising with each new repair. Unless, of course, the tool is listed as "too expensive" to repair in the beginning already.

15. mafhewm

mafhewm Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +27
    -1, Too many people paid for Extcommands+, as someone said ereps aren't an essential to the game, unlike water

16. Expipiplusone

Expipiplusone Builder

Ratings:
    +778
    This, I didn't know. Then probably a cost in xp should suffice, if correctly sized.

17. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    I'm denying this suggestion as there are other suggestions regarding the same premise but much more feasible than this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.