ECC Sentinel, Issue 2 28th November 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaylorBros22, Nov 28, 2014.

1. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    [​IMG]
    Editorial Message
    Hi all! TaylorBros22 here. I just wanted to say thanks for the great reception the first edition of the Sentinel got and I am glad it's back! This edition features role-plays, interviews and more! I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome our complete Journalist team and the Deputy Editor of the Sentinel. Deputy Editor: 314 Journalists: Ian__D, steveshizzle, JrHockey17

Piville: The return of 314 and the Deadly Snow Storms
    Written By: @314
    [​IMG]

Only a few days ago 314, the former leader of Piville before the Pivillean war, came back, since he was presumed dead at the beginning of October. He has now officially returned. Many rumours have already spread, some even accuse him of the murder of an archaeologist inside the ruins under the town. While 314 himself accuses Sergeant Quart, formerly the leader of the Piville Intelligence, the two main opinions of 314 being a hero and him being a criminal are clashing in the streets of Piville. Street battles are beginning to spread in the whole town, Charles Xynth, the current leader of Piville, has requested @Exilenela to intervene with the Pivillean armies that are currently controlled by him. While it is still unknown whether he will do this, problems of a more natural kind have arisen.
    The snowstorm is still wreaking havoc in Piville, the weather service has rated the storm as an E-4, the second highest class of blizzards available on the Pivillean scale. The current storm was now proven to be the most severe one since the Pivillean winter in 1752. Currently, the average outside temperature measures -31°F and scientists predict the total amount of snow to reach an overall depth of up to seven feet. Volunteers are working day and night to remove snow from the buildings in order to prevent them from collapsing. Small parts of the roads have already given in to the weight of the snow, breaking into the underground passages of the Berlin district. The underground mall has been closed because of the damages, citizens have been requested to stay inside their houses. However, as already stated above, some people are ignoring this warning and continue to battle on the streets because of 314. The amount of casualties has reached 42 and many more deaths are to be expected within the next few days and weeks.

SG Interview with @donkey5k
    Written By our former Journalist, @Nyancats33

What is your name, SG Rank, and total point count?
    My name is Donkey5k, I am rank #11, and I have 353,000 points.

Why do you like to play Survival Games?
    I like to play SG because it is fun and is a stress reliever.

How do you feel about Buffer?
    I like buffer, but I feel it should come with some disadvantages, like slowness etc.

How do you feel about teaming in SG?
    I only team with very close friends now, and those friends are particulary inactive, so I rarely team.

Who is your "Biggest Rival" or "Biggest Target" in Survival Games, and why?
    My biggest target is @3point14mp as we are family equal and I win 50/50 of the fights we have and he's a wonderful competition who pushes me to my limits and abilities

Anything else you would like to add?
    Thanks for having me in the thread, it's a great honor. Thank you! -Donkey5k.

If you would like to be interviewed regarding SG, please post on our HQ Thread!

Staff Interview with @oreo1227
    Written By: @Ian__D

Recently, I sat down with oreo1227, one of ECC’s Game Admins, and I asked him some questions about his job on ECC. Enjoy!

What's the hardest part of your job?
    Honestly the hardest part is handling applications, as you need to get it right as a small mess up can cause problems for people.

Who would you say your biggest influence was when you first joined staff?
    Well I've had a few people that guided me well, one of them being RailefBear, I always wanted to be like him. Also, Phys. She always was there for me when I felt... not in place. She was always there to go to.

As a Game Admin, do you have any advice for aspiring or future GA's?
    Work hard, give it your all, don't be afraid to be yourself and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Where do you see yourself on ECC in 1 years time?
    Well, I'll be in college, luckily local. Hopefully should still be here, still on the staff team.

How have you changed since you've joined the staff team? (Abilities, mindset, Etc.)
    I've become more mature, even though I was a bit before. I learned to handle stress, and I also was able to fulfill why I joined the team, to be able to help others.

What is the biggest factor in choosing a new moderator?
    In-Game actions, maturity, all the basic common thoughts.

You call yourself a "Dunkable Game Admin", but can you dunk?
    Possibly, I am tall enough but I have never tried.

Spawn Christmas Decoration!
    Written By: @314
    Forward
    By: TaylorBros22

[​IMG]

Are you feeling christmassy yet? ECC certainly is! Spawn has been covered in snow, with some minor coding issues, snowmans have been built and presents put everywhere! Below you can read more about this event, written by our Deputy Editor 314

A few days ago , Rising spawn turned white; winter has arrived on ECC! A blizzard - some speculate it is a part of the snowstorm which currently brings winter to Piville - has covered the whole area with snow. Many people seem to enjoy the snow and some have already built a snowman. Meanwhile, huge presents have appeared measuring multiple feet, the committee for festivity decoration - led by Physicistsmom and Jakeyray - has used the early snow to complete a christmas theme. Sightings of reindeers have also increased extremely, keep your eyes open and you might spot one yourself!

Featured Spawn Shop
    Found By: JrHockey17

This week's featured spawn shop is owned by @zeldamerchant and is Station 73

Featured Role Play:
    Suggested by: @Slayer_boy_2000

The ancient gods have awoken, and hid in towns yet unknown. It is up to a hero to find them and bring them together. Evil is arising. Ecc is in danger...

About/Disclaimer

I hope you have enjoyed this issue! We need more stories and events to feature in the next issue, so you can apply in our HQ Thread! Thank you for reading and be sure to look out for the next one!
    The Sentinel Logo is used with permission from CoolText

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. donkey5k

donkey5k •| The Legendary Donkey |•
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +492
    Awesome!!!! I love this! Please continue this for a longggg time!

3. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    Ooo ma gurdddd Ecc is in danger!!!

4. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $20,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,860
    Forget about it. Long, longggger, we don't care. We want eternity! :D

This edition came out well. :3

5. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    Haha thanks 314

6. KMaxwell

KMaxwell Crazy Cat Lady that Crochets
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,614
    I notice that you have featured a specific marketplace shop... but there is no detail about the feature, or even why it is featured.

I have specific interest in this, since I designed the shop for Zelda, and wonder if she is even aware that you chose her shop for this article.

7. DD71

DD71 Mayor of Nashville
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +591
    Was going to say the exact same. It is interesting that there is a featured shop but it seems pointless if there is no detail. Other than that, I like it. Keep it up :)

8. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    Hi,
    Our plan was to have a little report about it but JrHockey did not have time. I still wanted on in though. Next time we will have a bit more detail

9. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,288
    Another great issue - I want to thank the Sentinel staff for their contributions.

10. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    Just to let everyone know, our edition plan until the end of 2014 will be as follows

• Christmas Edition Friday 19th December 2014
    • New Year Edition Thursday 31st December 2014