Died on nether because of server lag and lost many things

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by miguel1118, Jun 10, 2021.

1. miguel1118

miguel1118 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    I was mining on nether in a 1x2 tunnel, server was lagging I got dissconected, tried to relog and this is the only thing I can see:

[​IMG]

My death says I was suffocated, but this is not what you see when you are suffocating, I should have my items and being able to dig out

I tried to login again 2 times and got the same result, after like 20 seconds reloged again and:

[​IMG]

ClarinetPhoenix tried to help me but my items were already gone, he can confirm there was no way I could have leigt died there.

So I just want to recover my things, idk if my inventory has a log, if not I just want to recover the important things:

My 2 pickaxes:
    #KPNIW7IN
    #KPMUP919
    16,329 xp

I also had:
    eff 3 diamond shovel
    eff 4 diamond axe unb 3
    diamond boots prot 3 unb 3
    gold helmet fire prot 4
    3 ancient derbis
    64 quartz block
    64 quarz ore

But I wont get mad if I dont recover those, but hope I could, I mean you guys can investigate it all, why would I suicide to loss my items and then having to make a post and wait many hours to get my items back?
    Am not trying to exploit anything, just want to recover what I lost due of server lag (or even if was my internet fault as ClarinetPhoenix said, bc I shouldnt be able to suffocate just bc I had some lag, bc my char shouldnt be able to walk past solid blocks that werent mined server side, and I really doubt I was lagging, I play a lot of mobas and my ping is SUPER stable 24/7, I always have 55-56 ping)

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. miguel1118

miguel1118 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    is any mod ever goona look into it?

3. miguel1118

miguel1118 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    also why does a server admin needs to investigate it?

I died suffocated on nether when there isnt any gravel around me, and Clarinet knows it, why would matter if server was lagging or if it was me or if it was something else, I died on a way that would be imposible wihout an error ocurring, why would need investigate further just to give me back my pickaxes and my xp? whats the deal? does anyone thinks than lossing my stuff I will be more willing to spend rl money on the server to recover back? is that?

4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Server Admins have the power to see errors and whatnot with the server. They are the ones who need to test stuff to 100% confirm it was server-side and not client-side. If it was 100% server-side, then they can possibly regenerate your lost items.

5. miguel1118

miguel1118 Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +8
    that why im bringing clarinet to the table, he knows there wasnt any gravel near, there is no way to go past solid blocks just by client side.. that would be a HUGE bug into the game which would lead to easily exploit the game.

and even ignoring all it, what changes if it was client side? ppl deserve to die and loss their items bc they have a bad internet conection? where is the logic? is not like it cost money to replace those items, nor like it will affect the server economy. If admin tells something like "sorry it was your internet fault we wont restore anything" 99% will just quit playing the server.

6. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,379
    It is not healthy for an economy to regen items willy-nilly, and internet connection issues client-side is not our fault tbh. I don't intend to sound mean here, but this tends to be the policy.

@miguel1118
    However, now that I've had a chance to check out server performance at the moment of your death, it does appear we experienced some lag at the time and it probably caused re-connection/render issues for you. I can see you joined and lost connection 4-5 times before you actually loaded in.

You will find the following in a chest for you at /warp redeem;
    1x Diamond Shovel, Eff 3, Unbr 3
    1x Diamond Axe, Eff4, Unbr 3
    1x Diamond Pickaxe, Eff4, Silk 1, Unbr 3
    1x Netherite Pickaxe, Eff4, Fortune 3, Unbr 3
    68 Nether Quartz Ore
    64 Quartz Block
    1x Diamond Boots, Depth Strider 3, Prot 3
    1x Diamond Pants
    1x Diamond Jacket
    1x Gold Helmet, Fire Prot 4,

• Like Like x 3