Denied Delete all ranks on SG Leaderboards above rank 250

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by purplelegoender, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,062
    Minecraft Name:
    @purplelegoender

Suggestion:
    I am suggesting (as the title says) to remove all users on the Survival Games Leaderboards above the rank 250 with less than 50,000 SG points. This would probably be better because people below 50,000 points never really worked for or play in SG for very long.

I also say 50,000+ points because it is close to 75,000+ points which you would need to apply for the first Survival Games Forum Medal.

Reason:
    I am suggesting this as to because their are about over 20,000 users ranked on the Survival Games leaderboards and it makes no sense to have people on the leaderboards with less than 50,000 points who do not even play on Eco City Craft anymore.

Also those who are rank 1-250 have actually somewhat worked for those points/rank to have that position. I would also like to see the users skins able to change to what their current skin is as per example mine is still the one I had when I first joined Eco City Craft almost two years ago which I do not really like since it misrepresents what my current skins is.

Other Information:
    It would just be nicer to see since their are so many people on the leaderboards and more than half of them nearing rank 650 have almost less than 15,000 points. Also, to add, for those who are just beginning to start SG or people above the rank of 250 can use the command /SG stats to see what rank they are in a separate way than having all of these random people on the leaderboards who probably didn't even play on Eco City Craft for a couple days.

@JamieSinn, I'll tag you to this since you had a suggestion/idea about my idea that I presented to you in game last night. Sorry for the delay on this suggestion, I was a little busy.

Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A

2. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You really tag Jamie way too much.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    One of the biggest reasons constantly used against wiping the SG stats of hackers is that the system is all interconnected, and removing one person from the system would also remove them from the kill list of everyone who's killed them.

Your suggestion wouldn't be removing one, it would be literally tens of thousands of players.

I wouldn't agree with this even if it were feasible, however the reality is that it isn't.

4. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,517
    -1 Asking Jamie to do something completely useless

5. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    This would be a lot of work that isn't worth hours of time... plus it's probably very hard to do because of what Nicit said, about everything being interconnected.

Even if it was easy to do, I wouldn't see the purpose in removing people from the leaderboards- the only people who should be removed are hackers, who didn't legitimately earn their points.

Pretty much everyone on the leaderboards worked for their points at some point in time (besides hackers), even people below 50,000 points. I don't see why they should be removed... it's called "leaderboards" for a reason.

#5 zevzero, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  6. purplelegoender

purplelegoender [⚜EcoLegend⚜][⚜Philosopher⚜][⚜RogueDivision⚜]

Ratings:
    +5,062
    I did not say anyone did not earn their points below 50,000 at all. I simply said "people above the rank of 250 can use the command /SG stats to see what rank they are in a separate way than having all of these random people on the leaderboards who probably didn't even play on Eco City Craft for a couple days."

The leaderboards are a large board for displaying the ranking of the leaders in a competitive event. Therefore, over 20,000 users cannot be the leaders of a competitive event such as this. I also made the suggestion based on what I proposed to Jamie last night, he said something but I do not simply remember because it was very late and I was tired.

As he also told me to make the suggestion based on what my idea was and he would respond to it. I just do not think their should be so many players on the leaderboards for everyone to view especially under the ranking/points for the first Survival Games Medal. That's why I proposed the idea to move or "delete" in my terms the users above the rank of 250 and allow users not displayed in the top 250 to use the command /SG stats to view their own personal rank/points/winnings.

#6 purplelegoender, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  7. goblizz

goblizz The One and Only
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,576
    Then why not just add an "/sg stats" for all users to view their stats ingame? That way, if people still want to see their information on the website they can, but it's more convenient ingame.

8. zevzero

zevzero Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,847
    Leaderboards can have thousands of people listed. It doesn't mean they are all "leaders", it simply ranks them among other players. I'm sure people who view the leaderboards will see that the players near the top are the best SG players. Deleting people makes no sense at all, especially for your reasoning in this suggestion.

9. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer

Ratings:
    +4,588
    I could limit the display for the main page to 250 or whatever but delete will not be possible

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. 314

314 Irrational Moderator, former ServerAdmin
    Moderator EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $2,400,000
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Even when ignoring the fact that deleting games would break a lot of things - players have invested a lot of time into SG. Even if their total is below 50000 points they still spent hours upon hours, only to see it gone. Taking my own statistics as an example: 953 games, 225 won, 724 kills, almost 70 hours spent. However, since I am only #324 on the leaderboard all of those scores would become irrelevant. Others have less than 50000 points, yet have spent over 100 hours or have played over 2000 games.
    To be honest, using points as the only data source results in a rather poor assessment. There are players above rank #250 who have played more games or spent more time than some of those between rank #150 and #250. Saying that only the top ranks "actually somewhat worked for those rank" is simply disregarding all other factors.

Those who are lucky enough to find a sufficient amount of players for a legendary kill streak nearby receive as many points as someone who wasn't as lucky as them receives by winning up to 10.57¹ games in the worst case. Points are not a good indicator to quantify the "work" someone has put into their SG statistics.

¹ Two players in a game = 25 points per win plus 10 per kill, i.e., 30 points per game under the assumption that neither player leaves.

#10 314, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  11. stoler202

stoler202 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +471
    I have 13310 points and I'm triggered.

12. Dewsy92

Dewsy92 Ex-Staff Team Troll

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,643
    I don't understand the issue with having 250+ people on the leaderboard.. am I missing something?

13. 7amoodw

7amoodw Electrical and Electronics Engineer
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5,209
    +potato . People still worked hard for their points regardless of how many they got, they should at least see themselves in the leaderboards and compare themselves with people above them.

14. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Being realistic, this does next to nothing except make the SG leaderboard more isolated to lower ranked players.

From the community response, this really isn't something that should be done. And the only gain would be to speed up the display of the page.

Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.