Complaint [Towns too close WAY TOO CLOSE]

Discussion in 'Complaints Archive' started by SafieKyo, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SafieKyo

SafieKyo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH AND THE TOWNS ARE TOO DAMN CLOSE.

I don't mind Ever City being where it is because it's tucked behind a mountain and I don't see their local chat, but there are 92 blocks between the border of my town and this glow stone square. NOT TO MENTION that it's RIGHT next to the mayors residence. This also causes problems when you want to talk to people in local chat, that are in your town. Basically from my portal to their 1/3 way mark is how much they can hear in my town.

I (and other users) think that towns should be a minimum of 200 blocks from border to border.

But there's no more space!!!
    We have a wonderful live map, use it to find a new area.

It's too far to walk
    Get a portal or set home.

But it's a nice spot
    It's way too close for comfort. I'm already tolerating Ever City, which is very nice.

I think a 20 block zone law is WAY WAY WAY too close.

Who ever has that glowstone square, consider moving it, for the sake of both of our towns. you're in the largest forest on the server, keep out of it. it's a barrier between Game Central and Okeanos.
    Use the map find a new area, and stop using my portal.

2. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    I understand why you don't want the town there, but I doubt at this point that they are going to do anything, as far as I'm aware, they are working hard, and telling them to move won't be enough.

and btw...I've seen towns closer......much much closer....two blocks to be exact, GameCentral is only a two block separation from CraftCity, lol, but Just like you're saying, this makes local have the other towns chat too...

I'm thinking, maybe Andrew could add town channels like on vent, and make people pay extra for a town channel, like 10k or something. But a doubt people would ever use them.

3. SafieKyo

SafieKyo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Could you do a check on who placed the blocks there so I could discuss with them?

I agree craft city is way too close, I was gonna put that in my post but it slipped my mind.

It's way too close for me and i'm not liking it.

4. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Safie is in a bad mood recently, her town rules and now this,
    Calm your fury

5. SafieKyo

SafieKyo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Not a bad mood, high standards and annoyance from certain people (not naming names)

6. D0rc

D0rc Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +110
    Grief database reset recently, I can already tell you I won't be able to find it.

We built near CraftCity, not the other way around :p but yeah, we can live with each other, because our town isn't in high traffic, and I worked on more separation (I know you can't do these, but still.)

Yeah, sounds like local chat is what you're worried about, but if the town channels that I just talked about get added, then local will be a problem no more.

7. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    I would like a really nice zoning law, too... :/ Shared local chats are an annoyance, and having town channels would add a LOT of channels, that anyone could join. Would be a pain nonetheless... Someone else using another's portal for their own town is wrong, too. (Outside of spawn and the gates is a mess, due to this. People will use the stuff just for themselves. :|)

And yeah, people can't complain about there being no space on the map. There can be tons and tons of towns on the map that are 200x200 with no problem. People just need to actually go exploring. c.c

8. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484

*Sits in corner and cries*

9. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I read that as 'Calm your furry'....

>_>
    <_<

10. Sputnick587

Sputnick587 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +276
    2 block border <3 And we started our towns 2 days apart :D

11. mackbmx123

mackbmx123 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +19
    I think the channel would be a great idea so no stalkers randomly come into your town... Anyways. Andy would have to edit the plugin and lots of people will buy it, So it will most likly be a bit more then a vent channel, But its up to andy for this to ever happen :p

12. Glooble

Glooble Penguin

Ratings:
    +285
    I've seen it done on other servers where the chat channels can be made like regions, where you can only use them if you're added to them. Whether or not that can be done here I have no clue.

And I agree, there's plenty of space. D0rc and whiteraptor are even making use of an ocean for their towns and if you look at the map, there's a whole corner that's practically untouched.

13. CordialBacon

CordialBacon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +284
    Safie, calm down. MY town is in between, like, 4 towns, and just about all of the towns are only 30 - 50 blocks away, i learned to deal with it, (Yes i have basically abondoned my town, but that is not the point.) being 90 blocks away from a town would be great, but that aint happening near my town. :|

14. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    Do realize that people are different and not the same as you. Some people hate others near them, some like it, some don't even care. Everyone has different opinions, likes, dislikes... :| Besides, Safie's town is serious and really nice... It's understandable not wanting someone else so close, for multiple reasons. o.o

And if you built your town between those towns, that is entirely different. Safie's town was there first. xD

15. Starbolt79

Starbolt79 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You mean not everyone is the same and don't share the same opinions that you have?!

This is madness...

Oh wait, it's reality |:

16. SynWannabe

SynWannabe Builder

Ratings:
    +80

wat do u mean u learned to deal with it? they was their first XD if u didnt want to learn to deal with it then just build in the middle of nowhere

17. EGO_downmaster

EGO_downmaster Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Well To be honest When I started building Koto, lakeside was the closest town arguably 200+ blocks and there were NO buildings by spawn. Now there are 10+ buildings right at the east portal. I also have my new town right next to Koto, my choice. My good friends town, once again my choice. There is also people I couldn't say just move to like BLT or nick or some random guy who I have yet to see and doesn't lock his chests >_> Truth is many people come and go and with our traffic getting higher and higher we will have more towns. Especially with the increased amount of builders starting towns and using portals to make their town close to it.

On the matter of the local chat. Towns would NEED to be 285 blocks a ways away diagonally in order to have ABSOLUTELY NO local chat between the 2 towns. Seems a little far and hard to enforce.

18. SynWannabe

SynWannabe Builder

Ratings:
    +80
    btw +1 for ur sarcasticness XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.