"Clever Creations" Build Competition!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Karin_88, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You will be given a chest with stacks of random blocks and materials. Your task is to build the coolest HOUSE** that you can from the blocks you're given, within a 5-day time period (120 hours). There are a total of 10 spots available, ONLY to [Builders] and [Residents] who have been registered on the forums for a month (30 days) or less!
    Once the 10 Builders/Residents who meet the criteria have applied, applications will be closed.

"So, the task is to build the coolest house. But, what exactly do we consider a house?"
    **A house: a structure that has a door, some windows, four walls, a floor, and a roof. Decoration inside to make it feel like a home.
    As long as your building at least follows that description, it's a house! :)

[​IMG]

You must only build with the blocks/materials supplied to you in the chest at your plot. This means no outside blocks can be used in the build. I have a screenshot and an inventory list of each of the 10 supplies chests, so judges and myself will be checking periodically for blocks not shown on those in the buildings. If we notice a contestant's build has used a block that wasn't apart of the plot's supplies chest, this could result in a disqualification for that contestant.
    Some of the blocks supplied to you might be able to be crafted into something else (for example, Oak Log into Oak Planks). Please do not craft one block into another block, try to use what was given to you.
    By the way - lanterns (and some other random, decorative items) for your build are in the "TOOLS" chest :)

After the 5 day/120 hours is up, you will be removed from your plots, and will not be able to add onto your house or build on the plot anymore. This is when the 24 hour judging period begins. There will be a total of FIVE judges, and they will be anonymous.

There will be amazing prizes offered to First, Second, and Third place winners (see the "PRIZES" Spoiler below)! :D The prizes include some great items and ECD (in-game money)!

[​IMG]

The event will take place in a town on the MainNorth (/mn) server. The warp to the town is /warp hephaestus

It is also one of the spawn towns, so if you can't remember the warp, just start at /spawn and head out the South-Western exit and keep going diagonally. You'll see a thin quartz (and later smooth stone) path to the plot area. Eventually you'll come up to the small quartz building (the warp) and the plots!

You can also ask a staff member to teleport you to the town!
    If you do not live on MainNorth, it's quite alright, you can still apply! Like many users, I have a feature that allows me to transfer a certain amount of items between servers. So, if you're one of the winners, it'll be easy enough to move your stuff over to the server you play on! :)

[​IMG]

Each plot will be supplied tools, in case the builders do not have their own. There will be 1 diamond pick with unbreaking 3/efficiency 3, 1 diamond shovel with unbreaking 3/efficiency 5, and 1 diamond axe with unbreaking 3/efficiency 5. They will be /own'd by me, so the builders will not be able to keep them. However, I might give those tools to the builders who didn't place in the top 3, if they would like them! :)

Please try to get these tools repaired before they break. How to do that is post in /ch tr that you need a repair! Please only post one ad every 5 minutes in trade chat though :) You can also /pm me if I'm in game for a repair.

If one of the tools provided to you breaks, please send me a pm or do /mail send Karin_88 *message*, if I am offline. I will decide on whether or not to provide you with another tool (for example, if the tool broke and there's only a few hours left in the competition, I probably won't replace the tool).

No matter what, please keep watch of the durability bar or check the durability by typing /dura while holding the tool.

[​IMG]

The contest will start at NOON EST time on MONDAY, May 11th, and end at Noon EST on SATURDAY, May 16th. Applications will be open until either 10 people have applied (and met the criteria/filled out the application), or until 11:59pm EST on Sunday, May 10th.
    Judging will begin at 12:05pm EST on Sunday, May 16th, and the top 3 winners will be announced at 1pm EST on Sunday, May 17th!

If this contest ends up being a hit, I might do another one in a few weeks or a month! I may also give away better prizes/have more open spots, and/or let anyone, no matter their rank, join! Anything is possible :D

[​IMG]

- You can only build on your plot, within the smooth stone bricks.. The size of the plot is 15x15, and you can go as high as 15 blocks up; you cannot break the grass or build underground.

- You must only build with the materials supplied to you in the chest at your plot. Again, using any blocks that were not supplied to you may result in a disqualification.

- Do not build anything inappropriate or offensive. If you build something inappropriate/offensive, this will result in a disqualification.

- Follow general server rules (see /rules) or click here. If it's been brought to my attention that you've broken any of the server rules, this will result in a disqualification (only if proof was provided and it was determined that a server rule was broken).

- Do not harass, bully, or troll other contestants. This could result in a disqualification, if you do not abide by this rule.

- Do not try to steal from other contestants' chests; you won't even be able to. The chests will be /lock'd by me, and I will have added the plot owner ONLY, via /cmodify.

- As I mentioned, once the 5 day/120 hour building time is up, you will not be able to modify your plot in any way.

- Please take the building seriously, meaning don't just place the blocks randomly on the plot. Actually make a good attempt to build something.

- Have fun :D

[​IMG]

To apply:
    Just click on the Spoiler below and copy the questions, then make a post with the pasted questions and your answers!
    Again, this contest is ONLY for Builder or Resident players who've been on the server for a month (30 days) or less.
    I made it this way to help get newer players excited about the server, and hopefully get them to stick around! :)
    Also, please make sure you read and follow the Rules closely!

1. What is your in-game name?
    2. What server do you mainly play on (Main, MainNorth, MainEast)?
    3. When did you join the forums?
    4. Do you agree to follow all the rules?

[​IMG]
    First place prize:
    A set of the following max tools, for you to keep:
    - Max diamond pick (eff 5, fort 3, unbreaking 3)
    - Max fishing rod (lure 3, unbreaking 3)
    - Max diamond axe (eff 5, unbreaking 3)
    - Max diamond sword (looting 3, unbreaking 3)
    - Max shovel (eff 5, unbreaking 3)
    - Set of regular diamond armor *not enchanted*
    TOTAL PRIZE WORTH OF TOOLS: ~18k ECD
    AND 15,000 ECD!
    TOTAL PRIZE WORTH: 33,000 ECD!

Second place prizes:
    - Max fishing rod (lure 3, unbreaking 3)
    - Unbreaking 3 diamond sword, axe, shovel
    TOTAL PRIZE WORTH OF TOOLS/ARMOR: ~9k ECD
    AND 10,000 ECD!
    TOTAL PRIZE WORTH: 19,000 ECD!

Third place prizes:
    - Set of regular diamond tools (shovel, sword, axe) *not enchanted*
    TOTAL PRIZE WORTH OF TOOLS/ARMOR: ~5.5k ECD
    AND 5,000 ECD!
    TOTAL PRIZE WORTH: 10,500 ECD!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 Karin_88, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 10, 2020
  2. LeHydra33

LeHydra33 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    1. What is your in-game name? LeHydra33
    2. What server do you mainly play on (Main, MainNorth, MainEast)? MainNorth
    3. When did you join the forums? around April 26th
    4. Do you agree to follow all the rules? Yes

3. Karin_88

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Hello @LeHydra33 :) thank you for signing up!
    As soon as at least 4 other players sign up, I'll forum PM you your plot number and instructions on how to get there again! Then on May 5th you'll be added to the plot :)

4. pinkelephant18

pinkelephant18 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    1. What is your in-game name? pinkelephant18
    2. What server do you mainly play on (Main, MainNorth, MainEast)? main
    3. When did you join the forums? around the beginning of april - I forget the exact date
    4. Do you agree to follow all the rules? yes

5. Ddugubo

Ddugubo Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    1. What is your in-game name? Ddugubo
    2. What server do you mainly play on (Main, MainNorth, MainEast)? Ans: MainNorth
    3. When did you join the forums? 2 May 2020
    4. Do you agree to follow all the rules? Yes

6. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196

***** ! IMPORTANT UPDATES ! *****

I have changed the following:
    - Starting date from May 5th to MAY 11th.

- Ending date from May 10th to MAY 16th.
    - Judging day/announcement day from May 11th to MAY 17th.

This was to allow more time for people to sign up :)

7. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
    @pinkelephant18 and @Ddugubo thank you both for signing up :D

When there's a few more players signed up, I'll private message you your plot # and how to get there! :) You won't be able to do anything on the plot until the competition starts on the 11th, though.

8. ssyting

ssyting Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +2
    1. What is your in-game name? my in game name is: Ssyting
    2. What server do you mainly play on (Main, MainNorth, MainEast)? I play on MainNorth
    3. When did you join the forums? About this month or so
    4. Do you agree to follow all the rules? Yes, I do

9. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
    @ssyting Thank you for signing up :D On the 10th, I'll send you your plot number, and don't forget to re-read this thread. The competition starts on the 11th!

10. MightyMummy

MightyMummy Builder

Ratings:
    +2
    1. What is your in-game name? MightyMummy
    2. What server do you mainly play on (Main, MainNorth, MainEast)? MainNorth
    3. When did you join the forums? like a week ago
    4. Do you agree to follow all the rules? yes

11. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
    @MightyMummy Hey! Thank you for signing up! I'll be sending you your plot info in a forum pm (on here) on May 10th, so keep an eye out for that! :)

12. Cesarv2b

Cesarv2b Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Builder ⚒️

Ratings:
    +1
    1. What is your in-game name?
    Cesarv2b

2. What server do you mainly play on (Main, MainNorth, MainEast)?
    Main

3. When did you join the forums?
    05/05/2020
    4. Do you agree to follow all the rules?

Yes

13. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Hey @Cesarv2b :D Thank you for signing up! I'll forum PM you your plot info on May 10th! Just make sure to re-read over this thread :)

14. Justmellie

Justmellie Builder

Ratings:
    +1
    1. What is your in-game name? justmellie
    2. What server do you mainly play on (Main, MainNorth, MainEast)? Maineast (not sure).
    3. When did you join the forums? May 8th
    4. Do you agree to follow all the rules? Yes I do

15. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Applications are now closed!

This thread is now going to be locked.

I have sent you guys your plots numbers in a private message on here. I will also be sending you either a /mail or a /msg in game tomorrow (May 11th), after I've added you to your plots.

Please keep this thread bookmarked, so that you can refer back to it at any time, for the rules or any other information! :)

Thanks for signing up! Good luck all :D

16. Karin_88

Ratings:
    +1,196
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.