Denied Clearing Entities Notification.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xYoyoOG, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xYoyoOG

xYoyoOG Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +20
    Hello ECC staff & members,

My name is xYoyoOG, I've recently asked to a staff member (Maroiogog) how the ECC entity clearing system works.
    Random, he said, which means that there is selected a random time when the entities who are on the ground at that randomly selected moment get cleared.
    I am totally fine with this system, I'm just here to suggest a small change to this system, the last couple of days I've heard a few people complain about getting their star tools or other valuable items get randomly cleared.
    My solution to this problem and a way for the staff to answer these complaints, is the following:
    Simply get the system to give the players that are online a warning in the chat that says something in the direction like:"Clearing entities in 60 seconds".
    The reason I want to suggest this is for players to be able to be more careful with what they press on their keyboard in those upcoming seconds, with that I mean the button "Q" :D.
    Also I think this is a way for the staff to be able to reply to the people who complain about there stuff being cleared, they can simply answer: "You've been warned by the entity notification".
    Plugin link:
    I'm not an expert on plugins etc. I've just seen it at most of the servers I played on, so I felt like this was a good addition, this means the plugin will be pretty popular and you should be able to easily find the plugin on the internet. :D

Thanks for taking your time reading this,

xYoyoOG

#1 xYoyoOG, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $27,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    As far as I know ECC's butcher wipes entities in regular intervals, but I am not sure of whether all worlds are affected by it.

I am pretty certain that this is referring to items despawning instead of being cleared. The latter should be caused in regular intervals, but the former is a bug caused by vanilla Minecraft and therefore unfixable.
    Right now items despawning (or being cleared) are still mostly the player's fault if they decided to place them on the ground instead of storing them in chests. Removing (or at least relocating) the drop key helps, too.

3. oootopia

oootopia Utopian
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,954
    I personally find those kinds of reminders really annoying and would rather not have them in chat. As pi said, most of this issue is just a bug in the game itself. The rest can be solved by using chests to transfer items. And I don't think it's really that prevalent of an issue. I have been ill-advisedly tossing my stuff around to people for 18 months and never lost anything personally and have done about 10,000 ereps that were just tossed at me and only seen 2-3 things get butchered. It's annoying but just use a chest. I don't want more stuff popping up in chat, I already have the vote reminder spamming me G_G

4. AdmiralD

AdmiralD IsleTradingCo
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,290
    Those reminders are annoying.
    Always...ALWAYS use a chest and never throw anything on the ground.

5. 12345shane

12345shane ρяєѕι∂єитιαℓ ρяαєтσя
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,132
    What if you could toggle the reminder?

6. Imabankthing

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,281
    This is very much needed however I believe Andrew/Jamie was approached about this before and has said it won't be happening. Those above who mention chests for tool exchanges is fair enough but when people are losing cocoa, wheat, logs etc after spending time to grow and harvest them it's more of an issue. Especially on an economy server that encourages farming to make money. Not sure if this is something that can be fixed or a bug itself as has been said above.

#6 Imabankthing, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  7. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #7 JamieSinn, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
Thread Status: