[BUG] Spawners Disappearing in Skyblock

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by ajp79, May 14, 2020.

1. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Minecraft Username:
    Ajp79

Brief Description:
    Spawners disappear when broken in Skyblock

Instructions:
    1. Use Silk pic to break spawner
    2. Check inventory
    3.Spawner is not picked up or doesnt appear on floor

How many times did you recreate this?
    So far this season it has happened 2 times for me. Same steps. Happens every season a few times since the first, usually early on. I know several other players have had it happen as well..

Result:
    Spawner shows particles and breaks as it should but then vanishes. Does not appear in inventory or on the ground.

Expected Result:
    Spawner should be broken and be picked up by player or fall to the floor. This one hurt...

Evidence:
    Coords on the island = 593 35 36

[​IMG]

I understand not much can be done apparently, but this was an IG spawner which is quite costly. It would be nice if we can look into this more and see what may be causing it. The first few times I went along with "player error". After the last 2-3 times I am convinced it is definitely a bug and a devastating one at that.

Thanks.

2. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    Being my island I’m a little biased...

But like the prior complaint about this it can be super frustrating to lose something... most of all if it’s something of this value.

As AJP said this is second time this season it has happened on my island and I’ve had this personally happen last season as well.

if I had any suggestion it would be that most plugins for silk spawners have function in the configuration to put a broken spawner into ones inventory instead of dropping it. Especially on Skyblock idk a reason for having items that 90% of the time are purchased via USD drop onto ground.

even with the preventative actions we took (platform below spawner so no moving water/risk) we still lost a valuable spawner.

Please let me also know if there is anything I can do to help figure out what is happening :)

3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Without reproduction steps, as previously mentioned, we cannot return lost items.

We have however just made a new change to SkyBlock.
    Mining spawners is now available for all ranks and all spawners mined will return directly back into your inventory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. ajp79

ajp79 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +912
    Thanks @andrewkm

When I get back I will buy some trash spawners and play around to see how it goes. I did this for a few hours with a “bat” spawner as well (likely before you did anything) and was able to reproduce the big after placing and mining for about 1 hr in different places. I was able to pick up the spawner about 35 times before it happened again. Not sure if that helps..

#4 ajp79, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
  5. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    They don't lock help threads :p

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @ajp79 honestly, if it was once after 35+ times, I'm going to label that user error, unless you can do it every single time.
    Thank you for testing though. With the inventory change things should be more smooth now. :)

#6 andrewkm, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 20, 2020