[Bug Report] Tree Feller/Leaf Blower Malfunction

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by rh2wilson, Aug 1, 2019.

1. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +91
    Minecraft Username:
    rh2wilson

Brief Description:
    When activated, Tree Feller fails to work (ie: doesn't explode trees - only removes the block you contact with your axe). Also, I have level 182 Woodcutting, so I can also use Leaf Blower (using your axe to quickly blow away remaining leaves). When activated, Leaf Blower works for a couple of leaf blocks and then I get kicked by Anti-Cheat.

Instructions (Tree Feller):
    1. Initialize Tree Feller by r-clicking with your axe. I used an Eff5, Unbr3 diamond axe.
    2. Activate Tree Feller by contacting a "log" block with the initialized axe.
    3. Tree does not explode.

Instructions (Leaf Blower):
    1. L-click tree leaves with your axe. I used an Eff5, Unbr3 diamond axe.
    2. First leaf block or two "blow" away, as expected but third + leaf blocks not only don't blow away, they remain unbroken.

How many times did you recreate this?
    I did it about 5 or 6 times to confirm that it wasn't an isolated incident but got tired of getting kicked.

Result:
    Tree Feller - Expected tree(s) to explode until Tree Feller timed out. Only one tree block broke and nothing else happened.

Leaf Blower - Expected leafs to "blow" away. First two leaf blocks complied with Leaf Blower, as usual, but any after that remained. Leaves resisted breaking as if I were in a town to which I had no perms. I was in fact in global. If I persisted in trying to break the blocks, I would get kicked by Anti-Cheat with Reason Code: 413.

Expected Result:
    Normal Tree Feller/Leaf Blower behaviour.

Evidence:
    I have a picture of a tree with one block broken out of it and one of the anti-cheat message:

[Connection Lost] You were kicked by our Automatic Anti-Cheat system. You are free to log back in immediately. If you believe you were kicked wrongly report this via ecocitycraft.com/help with code (413)

I don't see the point of posting a picture of that. Let me know if it's necessary.

rh2wilson

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thank you. I have reported this to the Anti-Cheat developer.

3. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    Update...

Tree Feller appears to be back in action for me, but Leaf Blower still only works for a half-dozen leaf blocks or so and then the leaves don't break any more. I am still kicked if I continue to try to break the leaves for an extended period.

Also, I've found that if I switch tools (in this case I switched to the /kit starter axe) I'm able to break leaves again for a while, but it eventually ends up with the same result.

rh2wilson

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Interesting, thank you for the update.
    I will post this information in the report I made.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @rh2wilson please test these two abilities again and let me know if the issues continue to occur.

6. rh2wilson

rh2wilson Tycoon

Ratings:
    +91
    Thanks for staying with this - very frustrating.

Although Tree Feller seems to be back in action, Leaf Blower still yields the same result. I can break 5 to 10 leaves and then I just get the sound of leaves breaking, but they remain unbroken. Like before, if I continue to try, I get kicked from the game with the anti-cheat error code of 413. Same message as before.

Glad to have Tree Feller back though.

rh2wilson

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thanks for the update.

8. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    I've been tracking this and noticed it tends to switch on and off on main where I have a max ax. So it would do a bunch then switch to breaking then back blower. On North where I just have an ax it seems to work on blower from start to finish.

9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Both Main and MainNorth should have exact same results.

10. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +355
    My tools differ. On North it's just a straight diamond on main it's a max diamond. Only diff I saw.

11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    What I'm saying is the McMMO abilities should yield same results on both servers, as both servers have the same configuration.

12. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +355
    I agree Andrew. Could enchantments be kicking in and trying to does the break since one ax is fully enchanted and one is stock diamond? I had to start with new gear on North so I noticed that me stock ax was working as a lead blower perfectly, where as my enchanted one would start and stop with lead blower.

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    That could be the case.

14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    These should be fixed now.
    If there is further issues here please reply and be AS DESCRIPTIVE as possible!

Tool type, your woodcutting level, server, world, literally all information must be provided.

@rh2wilson @FuriuosGeorge

#14 andrewkm, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  15. blgordon

blgordon ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +181
    @andrewkm last night I kept getting the message that the tree was to large, although they were relatively small trees maybe 1/4 the size of the ones I normally do. Is this related or not? I could not reproduce it so assumed it was just a 1 time fluke.

16. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +355
    Roger willco.

17. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +355
    Lvl 392

First test:
    Tool: max ax
    Server: main mining
    On: spruce leaves.
    Time: Just under a min
    Result: constant leaf blower active.
    Occasional braking sound instead of plop noise of leaf blower, but no noticable change in leafblower break speed. Will continue testing.

Second test same gear and server.
    On: Oak and birch mix.
    Time: About 2 min
    Result: more breaking sound noticed and it did cause a perceived slowing of leaf blower. The pattern was Never several breaking sounds in a row. Always break...blower...break.

Can we confirm with the dev if that might the be expected operation maybe? That leaf blower isn't a 100% given on leaves.

#17 FuriuosGeorge, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  18. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is not anti cheat related and is part of mcmmo itself. If you think it’s a bug please make a separate report and we’ll look into it on the mcmmo side.
    You’ll need to reword / rephrase what you wrote. I cannot figure out what you are saying. You can always ask someone else to help report an issue.

#18 andrewkm, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  19. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    I've found the issue with LeafBlower and have reported it to the developer of our AntiCheat.

20. FuriuosGeorge

Ratings:
    +355
    I do this on my phone sorry. Edited for clarity.
    @andrewkm