[Bug Report] Blocks getting placed ontop of player after teleporting

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by iSneaky, Mar 16, 2020.

1. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Minecraft Username:
    iSneaky

Brief Description:
    I think this bug is similar to the one listed here, basically face a wall, and place a block directly infront of you, doing this will place the block at the Y level where your head is, it will either force you into crawl mode, if there are free blocks behind you, or if not, you will suffocate inside.

This issue is only happening after using a command to move the player, such as /tp or /back etc etc, anything that causes to move the player, via a command will cause it. To fix the issue a relog is required, after the relog, block placing directly infront of you is normal, meaning it will not let you place the block.

Instructions:
    Face a wall directly, do not leave any space between the wall and the player, issue a teleport command such as /tpa <playername> then do /back to get back to the wall, place a block by either using right click, or place one by having it in your offhand, like per my video below, both ways cause this issue.

How many times did you recreate this?:
    10+ whilst fortuning ores

Result:
    In the first part of the video, before my teleport, you can see that placing blocks is working as intended, when right clicking with a block in your hand, it will not let you place it. Now after my teleport, then doing /back, when placing a block infront of you, it suffocates me, and forces me into crawl mode. Then after relogging into the server, the issue has gone.

Evidence:

#1 iSneaky, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    #2 andrewkm, Mar 16, 2020
  3. iSneaky

Ratings:
    +1,256
    @andrewkm I do not have investigator, nor vanish as a staff command so cannot test.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #3 iSneaky, Mar 16, 2020
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @UnitedStates2 please examine this with vanish and compare to the previous bug.

5. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    I’ve had this bug happen to me as well, reproduction steps are kinda wack since it’s seemingly random

vanish does not have any effect from what I’ve noticed but I’ll keep an eye out for when it happens again

6. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    @andrewkm

Been able to replicate this - Doesn't seem to have any connection to vanish as this can be replicated consistently with or without.
    If you teleport to someone within the same world that you are in, you will be able to suffocate yourself via placing blocks.
    This doesn't work if you teleport to someone in a different world, nor does it seem to last long in most cases when it does work - Block placement resembled normal behavior after a bit.

Not entirely sure what's going on here or what's causing this, but I can almost certainly rule out vanish.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thanks for the reports.
    Unfortunately with my base tests I'm unable to reproduce this, however I've reported it to @electronicboy(jira) - perhaps he has an idea as to what is going on.

#7 andrewkm, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  8. iSneaky

Ratings:
    +1,256
    @andrewkm
    A little bit more info I've found from testing, firstly this issue is happening on all worlds, secondly like @UnitedStates2 said, you have to be in the same world at the user you are teleporting to / from.

Now, thirdly, the only way I have been able to replicate this, is that the user who you are teleporting to NEEDS to be outside of your loaded chunk range. I have been able to replicate this every single time doing this, I have also tested that if the user who you are teleporting to, is within your loaded chunks, this issue will not occur. However this does seem tied to using /back, I've tried using /home to get to my previous position after teleporting, and block placing works as intended.

In this video, the first part I am trying to place blocks, and block placing is working as intended, then I teleport to my alt, whom is over 250 blocks away, then use /back to get to my previous position, after this, block placing directly infront of me, throws me into crawl mode, and I suffocate. After this I relog, which fixes the block placing, then I teleport my alt to myself, then teleport straight back to him, as per the video, he is only a few blocks away from me, after the teleport, as you can see, block placing is normal, and I do not suffocate.

So, to summarise, I stronly believe that this is something to do with /back, as I cannot replicate it when not using it, in addition, I can only replicate this issue when teleporting to a user whom is far away from you. Also worth noting that this is the same behaviour when using /tpa and /tpahere. Force TP's were for the purpose of the video so I didn't have to tab out to my other client.

9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Thanks for the added info.

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
  11. iSneaky

Ratings:
    +1,256
    Looks to be fixed while testing using the above methods :)

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Awesome, thanks!