[Bug Report] Bee nests don't contain bees

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by leon100906, Sep 5, 2020.

1. leon100906

leon100906 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, everytime I find a bee nest in the mining world, they don't contain bees. Can someone please take care of this issue? Thanks!

2. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    Is this for fully naturally generated bee nests, or for bee nest generated from birch saplins next to flowers, as I am able to get bees to spawn from the latter method both in rising and mining worlds?

3. leon100906

leon100906 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    it is for fully naturally generated bee nests

4. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    mobs stack. is it possible the nest was old, and the bees could be in another nest?

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Yeah, unless the nest is in a freshly generated chunk, odds are the bees left or despawned (idk if mob grinder kills bees in mining or not)

6. iSneaky

iSneaky This is a local server for local people
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,256
    So I did a little bit of testing regaurding this, birch sapling bees generate in their hives fine, aslong as they are in their nest when you silk touch their hive, they will come out again when you place the hive.

The same goes with naturally generated hives, however what I feel is happening here is the bees are leaving their hines in search for flowers to pollinate, in some areas flowers can be few and far between, thus the bee will spend longer outside of his/her hive, bees are not immune to butcher, so whilst it is out, it is most likely getting butchered by the server, meaning it is despawned and cannot return to its hive.

Secondly as mentioned above, hives tend to spawn semi close together, if the bees from each hive go close to each other, they will stack, meaning instead of 2 sets of bees, they will be combined into 1 stack and will only be able to return to 1 hive, this can go on and on around the surrounding area.