Denied Bring back the old (modified) market

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EraNow, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EraNow

EraNow President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,312
    My really old suggestion: https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/suggestion-bring-back-the-modified-old-market.133012/

Minecraft Name
    :
    BillyL24

Suggestion:
    Basically my post on Nicit's thread.

So @clou44 made this a while back (a reference to the old market for people who need a refresher).

[​IMG]

What I think would be ideal, like I said earlier, would be to remove the under ground shops, so we had less total shops in the market. Those were basically never used, and just took up space. Be eliminating them, we'd be removing more empty shops.

Also, another edit I think would be good would be a slight size increase to shops 72, 67, 19, and 24. Those are the second row of smallest prime shops on each side. Because they're the same size as those significantly close, I think it would be wise to make them somewhat closer in value by giving those shops more sign space.

What I didn't include there is that we could do the spaced out portal thing that we do with the invisible portals currently. Also, it shouldn't be made entirely of stone slabs.. I don't mind the brick design to be honest, but I hate the current layout (and the foliage, it makes no sense [sorry Thomas ._.])

Reason:
    The old market was better for prime and non-prime shops. Let's re-vitalize player trading - afterall, that's what makes this server unique.

Other Information:
    We could have a design competition as long as the layout is provided. For example, Andrew uploads a file containing the all slab version, and we make edits to make it look nicer (changing the materials, adding details, etc).

2. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    +1 just to shut Iticip up about the Market
    :p

3. Netsui

Netsui EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +274
    Oh god no the lag that place generated with all of those signs so close to each other was ridiculous.

4. EraNow

EraNow President

Ratings:
    +1,312
    But that was with old minecraft.

New Minecraft has made signs less laggy to an incredible extent. In addition, we'd be removing all of those shops below the prime ones, reducing the lag even farther. The difference between my preposition to the current market would leave the current market out of favor.

5. a18greek18

a18greek18 Former EcoLeader
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $52,000
    Ratings:
    +1,404
    +1 My design for the market competition was semi like this. The main problem with this suggestion is that people want big shops now, and the old ones were relatively small compared to the massive ones we have now. I'd love to see the old market come back, but we'd have to do something about the lag other than removing the bottom floor shops. Spacing is the main issue now. There can only be a limited number of signs in a 5x5 chunk area so that lag remains minimal.

6. clou44

clou44 Professional Forum Stalker
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,171
    +1 We would be able to reuse my map ^.^

But seriously, the "new" market its just a million shops and they are all the same size and it is just pointless. Everyone is essentially equal and I liked the competition that the large/small shops created (also, a plus for Andrew was that we were able to auction off the larger shops occasionally to take money out of the economy!)

7. EraNow

EraNow President

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Very good point. It's kinda boring now with every shop just being so massive. Everyone has literally everything.

8. clou44

clou44 Professional Forum Stalker

Ratings:
    +1,171
    If you walk into any market shop, they all have the same signs and the same offerings. There might be one or two that have a few extra items, but there is no need to shop around as a consumer, and no need to determine which products will benefit you the most as a merchant. Why not just have everything? You have the space!

The current market is a street filled with Walmarts when we should have a main street with specialty stores! We can do with one Walmart and maybe a Target, but do we need 100 of them all right next to each other?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. MsMoofin

MsMoofin (Don't) Paddle (the) Cow
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +829
    Don't know about the current version, but when I was playing on the last version, signs were still laggy AF when they were this compacted...

And honestly, I kind of like the long street of shops. It would be nice if the size varied, but otherwise it's nicer having all the "open space." Being surrounded by shops and their room/foundation means I have less places to look to reduce my FPS or just not mentally overload on all the shops' colors and decorations.

10. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    New minecraft is still really laggy with signs, a few hundred signs is enough to lag anyone. that old market had more signs.

11. steveshizzle

steveshizzle Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,035
    One thing to consider is that the old market rarely had vacant shops (aside from the underground which nobody ever used anyways) whereas the current market, despite having larger and more accessible stalls, has dozens. While the current market is better for your fps, aesthetically it's garbage and thus I've despised it from its conception.

Would it be more feasible to take a similar, more aesthetically-pleasing design as the old market and reduce the number of shops to somewhere like 60 given the relatively low demand for spawn shops? Also make them smaller like Clou said so players can specialize in items.

12. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Kuke is correct on this.
    The improvements to the sign drawing mechanic was minimal.

I know how much you like this market billy, but it will not happen unless mojang does some SERIOUS changes to the mechanics of how signs are loaded. I really hope they do something with ambient occlusion.

Denied.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.