[Ban Appeal] Lobstre

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Lobstre, Sep 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lobstre

Lobstre President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +31
    In Game Name:
    Lobstre
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    Nope
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    Main Server
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    Faking server messages from andrewkm
    ()
    Rule Violated:
    There are a few potential candidates (Treat others with respect, Offensive content is not allowed), but I think it mainly falls under the implied rule of using common sense. There isn't an explicit rule along the lines of "don't impersonate staff" and there shouldn't need to be.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Don't be an asshat and think before doing silly shit.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    I set a deny-message on a region (I believe it was actually a deny-message, not a greeting, though I could be mistaken) that looked like a message from andrewkm.

I understand that what I did might be interpreted as impersonating Andrew (and of course offensive language directed at a player), and in retrospect I should not have done it.

This is something I've seen done by other people with towncontrol, and I didn't see a problem with it at the time. The region in question is a town that only I use, in which I have never seen another player since before the last reset, and I set the flag thinking that it was funny, not expecting anyone else to ever notice it. It didn't occur to me that it might be inappropriate at the time, or that a less experienced player might inadvertently see the message and think it was really Andrew.

I understand that players who have access to certain features are expected to use them responsibly and that I've failed to do that in this instance, for which I apologise.

I've not done anything of this sort in the past, and I promise not to do so again if I'm unbanned.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • List
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Unbans are found on the store.

When this was reported to me it caused me a large amount of stress as it literally impersonated an attack on the server. (I’m not online yet trusted users are reporting the fact I am suddenly messaging them). Took quite a long while to track it down to a town region flag.

I don’t appreciate my personal time as well as our developers trolled & wasted like this. Causes me to drop my real life immediately and attend to a potential hack. Denied.

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thonk Thonk x 2
    • List
    #2 andrewkm, Sep 6, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.