[Ban Appeal] Capbo_

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal Archive' started by Capbo_, May 16, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capbo_

Capbo_ Reformed Anvil User
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $1,364,575
    Ratings:
    +3,044
    In Game Name:
    Capbo_
    Have you changed your Minecraft username since being banned/muted? If so, what is your previous name:
    No
    Which of ECC's services are you banned/muted on:
    Game server
    Reason of Ban/Mute:
    Killing in Non-PvP Zone
    Rule Violated:
    Treat others with respect.
    Please explain in your own words what the rule(s) means:
    Don't tell somebody to warp to a town and drop an anvil on their head.
    Reason you feel you think you should be un-banned/un-muted:
    I think there was a misunderstanding of the situation. Drewbo and I were messing around on archive with a good friend of ours, deesse. We weren't trying to cause any trouble, hence we did it on archive. It was a harmless joke that was taken out of context. We didn't try to take any of deesse's items, and deesse understood it was a joke and did not have any problems with what we did. To someone who was out of the loop, I can see how what I did was done with hostile intentions, but it was simply a joke which was understood by everyone part of it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. KiwiAngelTwist

KiwiAngelTwist EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +206
    Bring back ol Cap, I was also aware of his shenanigans. He's definitely a troll of yesteryear for sure, and I think he'll think twice about having another anvil drop party.

3. Drewbo_

Drewbo_ Dr. Drewbo_, REFORMED.
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +44
    Dear EcoCityCraft Staff Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to appeal the ban issued to my friend, Capbo_, for "Killing in a Non-PvP Zone." I believe there has been a significant misunderstanding regarding the events that transpired, and I would like to provide some context to clarify the situation.

Capbo_ and I were playing on the archive server when the incident occurred. We were all in a light-hearted and playful mood, engaging in some harmless fun with another friend, deesse. Our actions, which included dropping an anvil, were never intended to cause harm or upset anyone. It was merely a joke among friends, and deesse, the person involved, fully understood and was not offended or upset by our actions.

To someone who was not privy to our playful interaction, I can understand how it might have appeared as though we had hostile intentions. However, I assure you this was not the case. At no point did we attempt to take any of deesse's items, nor did we aim to disrupt the server’s harmony. Our primary goal was to have a bit of fun in a controlled and private setting (on archive) where we believed our actions would be seen in the right context.

Capbo_ is a respectful and considerate member of the EcoCityCraft community. This incident was an isolated occurrence and not reflective of his typical behavior. He deeply regrets any confusion or distress that may have arisen from this situation and is fully committed to adhering to the server's rules and guidelines moving forward.

I believe that this whole situation was taken out of context, there was a moderator invisible watching Capbo_ and I mess around with our true-to-heart, @deesse. If deesse seriously had a problem with us... they would of gone through the appropriate user complaint forum.

We kindly ask for your understanding and reconsideration of Capbo_’s ban. He is eager to return to the community and continue contributing positively. We appreciate your time and attention to this matter and hope for a favorable resolution.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely, DREWBO_

4. Catera98

Catera98 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    Weighing in with my understanding of how things happened, imo Cap had no ill intentions. I'd trusted everyone involved and knew what I was getting into, even though I didn't have anything valuable on me anyway. Moving forward, of course, jokes like these should absolutely stay out of public channels where people could misinterpret them.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    Dear @Capbo_, @Drewbo_, and @deesse,

I hope this message finds you well. We appreciate the time and effort you have all taken to communicate your perspective and appeal to the EcoCityCraft staff team regarding the recent incident. After thorough consideration and a detailed review of the situation, we have come to a decision regarding the appeal submitted by Capbo_.

Incident Overview:
    Capbo_, your ban was issued due to an incident involving the killing of another player in a non-PvP zone. As stated in your appeal, the situation arose from an interaction where you dropped an anvil on Deesse's character in the archive. While this was meant as a joke among friends, it was perceived differently by others who were not privy to the context, leading to your ban.

Rule Violation and Context
    The rule you violated, as per our server guidelines, is to treat others with respect. This encompasses actions that ensure the gameplay experience is fair and enjoyable for all players, preventing any forms of harassment, griefing, or hostile behaviors in non-PvP zones. The specific guideline referenced states:

"Do not engage in any activities that can be construed as hostile or harmful towards other players, especially in designated safe zones where PvP is disabled. This includes but is not limited to tricking players into situations where they can be harmed."

Your appeal highlighted that the interaction was a consensual joke among friends, understood by all parties involved. You emphasized that there was no intention to cause harm or steal items, and Deesse corroborated this understanding.

Review and Decision
    After careful examination of the evidence and the context provided by all involved parties, we acknowledge that the incident was indeed a misunderstanding. Your actions, while not aligning with the server rules, were not motivated by malicious intent but were rather part of a playful interaction between friends.

In light of this, we have decided to lift the ban on Capbo_. We believe in second chances and understand that misunderstandings can occur, especially in close-knit groups of players. However, we would like to stress the importance of adhering to server rules to avoid similar situations in the future.

Future Conduct
    We encourage all players, including yourself, Drewbo_, and Deesse, to continue fostering a positive and respectful environment on EcoCityCraft. While jokes and playful interactions are part of the fun, it's crucial to ensure that they are always within the bounds of our rules to maintain a safe and enjoyable community for everyone.

Final Remarks
    We appreciate your understanding and cooperation throughout this process. Your appeal was thorough and showed a genuine understanding of the situation, which played a significant role in our decision-making process. We hope that this resolution allows you to return to the game with a renewed commitment to our community guidelines.

Thank you once again for your patience and for bringing this matter to our attention in a respectful manner. We look forward to seeing you back on EcoCityCraft and contributing positively to our community.

Best regards,

andrewkm
    EcoCityCraft Staff Team

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
    #5 andrewkm, May 25, 2024
    Last edited: May 25, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.