Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Viewing travel bag shouldn't be counted

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jassimq, Nov 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jassimq

jassimq Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +307
    In Game Name:
    jassimq
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Viewing travel bag shouldn't be counted
    What are you suggesting:
    I suggest that we only count the travel bag if it was used
    If an item was removed or added to the travel bag then it should be counted as one use

otherwise only viewing it shouldn't count
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It would save people time
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,109,910
    Ratings:
    +694
    -1. A lot of people have grinded very hard for the feature, as it is expensive. Now everyone has access to it, okay. But yeah, you gotta deal with the cooldown. But you could make screenshots of the stuff that’s in there so you don’t have to wait for the cooldown :)

3. destroyer2441

destroyer2441 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +84
    -1 as someone who does not have the travel bag feature this would be useful, but as frozen said a lot of people have spent the money needed for this very expensive feature and adding more to the free version would make the paid version seem less needed. which would harm those who have spent a lot of money on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    -1 I will admit I didn't know tb was free for everyone until this suggestion, but I agree that it should be as basic as possible. There was some controversy when water and tpa became free (with cooldown) with people who purchased the features, but it ended up blowing over since they were relatively cheap. Travel Bag is not cheap and is one of the more expensive features since it is arguably one of the more beneficial ones. I'm glad it is free for everyone now, but I don't think they should benefit more w/o buying the feature as 1.) It would deter people a little more from buying the feature and 2.) Infuriate people who ACTUALLY bought it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  5. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,459
    I've been wondering about this to be honest.

When a new player asks how to transfer items to another server we tell them "use /tb, and you can use it once per hour" but rarely is it mentioned that using /tb without even transferring anything will use up their command use for an hour.
    I don't have any data on how many users try a command to see what it does when they are told what it is, but I do wonder if its potentially annoying for new players to be told to use a command, not really understand how to use it and then have to wait to truly use it again.

The travelbag feature is already free for basic use, I don't see how making it easier to use for the free-tier is going to harm anything.
    +1 for some solution.
    Perhaps a confirmation command after /tb for the basic version only? To ensure they are truly ready to use it before blowing the cooldown.
    and perhaps a message that states "You can use your FREE Travelbag once per hour, do you wish to confirm your use?" or something similar.

I threw some insight here. I am not entire sure if this is a huge issue for new/free-to-play players as is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #5 ClarinetPhoenix, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  6. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    Yeah +1 if we do something like /tb confirm for the free version as Clar suggested

7. jassimq

jassimq Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +307
    I never knew there was a feature for the tb should have done some homework
    but your idea as a confirmation seems nice

8. 0TheRedHerring0

0TheRedHerring0 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

EcoDollars:
    $175,286
    Ratings:
    +360
    +1. As someone who uses the free one hour tb, I occasionally forget where I am on the cooldown. The only way to check this is to use /tb which can result in me accidentally burning a tb use if I am not ready as I thought there was still time left. Also, given the going rate of 50K/USD for features I am generally in favor of suggestions helping new users have some access to important features that are currently much more difficult to grind for then when I did.

9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I don't see how adding this would in any way detract from the paid version, it's not like this would enable you to move tons of items.

Arguing that it somehow detracts from the paid feature unless we're punishing newer players for not knowing how a cool down is applied seems like a bit of a reach, honestly.

+1

10. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    +1
    Allowing users to simply view their travel bag contents to check for items and see what they do/do not have in there would be a great idea. I don’t think it takes anything away from the paid version - it’s not like they’re being given unlimited usage of it.

As Clar said, some sort of confirmation message - maybe a /tb view and a /tb use (or similar) could be implemented.

11. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,197
    +1 I believe this happened earlier, a player viewed their /tb and then couldn't use it for another hour. Clar has some great suggestions, /tb confirm and the message. As a user who has the feature, I wouldn't mind if new players had this ability.

12. GeorgiePOORgie

GeorgiePOORgie Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +137
    +1 this is annoying to deal with and doesn’t give any advantages. You’re literally just looking inside.

13. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,354
    I would like to resend this. I didn’t understand the suggestion initially. They shouldn’t be punished for looking in the bag, but should get the cool down if they put in or take any item

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #13 Jdawger, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  14. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    We use a simple command cooldown, I'm not going to be making this a full out custom cooldown project because we have far more pressing issues. Just wait an hour and lesson learned. Sorry, but we're way to swamped to be jumping into code like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.