Acknowledged [All Main Servers Suggestion] un-OP fishing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AusRoona, Jul 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AusRoona

AusRoona Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +37
    In Game Name:
    RoonaC
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    un-OP fishing
    What are you suggesting:
    reasons explained below.
    1. Remove the allowance of redstone activated streams.
    2. reduce the sell hand price of fish.
    3. As a combination of 1 and 2. make fishing a worthy grind of the money it generates.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    There are three reasons why i think fishing needs a review in allowances and/or sell prices.
    1. The use of redstone operated water streams and the allowance of autofishing has made fishing an automated process. Any other area of the server that can be automated is prohibited. So there should be a change.
    2. L3 rods are essentially money printers with many players fishing constantly. Combined generating millions into the economy.
    3. If a player has the ability to binge watch Netflix while generating income it defies the purpose of ECC being a hardcore economy and makes it a 'get a rod and cruise' server.
    Other information:
    I am well ready for all the -1's that will result from this suggestion. I believe Fishing has been to OP for too long and it has long term effects on the health of the economy by being one of the best ways of generating income with the least effort of all income.
    [edit] If redstone pushers were removed, the autonomy would be removed as the player would have to move a boat or themselves manually every few catches. this would still allow the social chat every fisher loves and still potentially earn the same $$.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Potato Potato x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
    #1 AusRoona, Jul 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
  2. Baccuus

Baccuus President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐

Ratings:
    +130
  3. cike25

cike25 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +36
    +100
    Fishing should not be one of the most profitable activities since it functionally autonomous!

4. bsqt

bsqt Head of Sports
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +337
    Make mining great again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • List
  5. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    If you get caught afk fishing, your account gets wiped. You still need to be paying attention. And to make it so profitable you need to invest in a lvl3 rod to really get the benefits which are currently selling about 10m+
    I personally see fishing as a fantastic way to make money and shit talk in chat which is the main reason alot of us come on

6. AusRoona

AusRoona Tycoon

Ratings:
    +37
    If the use of redstone was simply removed and you had to use a boat spinning in a circle, it makes it less of an AFKable activity. There does not have to be multiple actions taken. If I can't use redstone lamps in a farm to harvest and then manually replant for 1/2 of what fishing earns, there is a problem. As for the price of rods, that's dictated by player market and not the server. It has the same likelihood as a magic pick from a drop.

7. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    Why cant you use redstone lights? Also why not just use water streams if you want to auto harvest?

8. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,329
    Fishing is literally the easiest ways of making ECD. It takes almost zero setup and requires almost no attention. It is one of the few ECD methods where you can put on a movie and pay more attention to that versus ECC. The methods that require more setup and/or requires more attention to ECC should be the ones making the most money, and those that require less attention to ECC and/or less setup should yield less ECD per hour. The fact fishing, the easiest to do with zero setup gives basically the most ECD is ridiculous and backwards. And this is not talking about the afk aspect.

Please nerf fishing and/or make other things better

9. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +438
    Buff farming/mining/etc. Don't fuck with fishing. -1

10. AusRoona

AusRoona Tycoon

Ratings:
    +37
    If you really believe that how about you agree to this.
    A L3 Msword has a similar price point to a L3 Rod. Given the setup cost for a reasonable melon farm is 100,000+ x more expensive. Takes Days or even months to complete, requires 100 x more effort to actually earn money. would you then agree melons should be at least $5 per melon?
    Or an eff10 axe or magic axe only capable of making 15-20k per hour, should logs then be $2 per?
    A L3 pick can make 30-40k per hour. Should Iron, Gold, Emeralds increase in value by at least 2.5x their current value?
    to make every aspect of the game equal in value to time and effort put into fishing, nothing should earn less than 100k per hour.
    You are out of your mind thinking fishing should not be overhauled.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  11. Carrot_Junkie

Carrot_Junkie Tycoon
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +2
    i disagree, it costs upwards of 10 - 13m for a good rod plus you still have to be at your devise or u could be at risk of getting wiped. there is a reason why fishing is not the #1 money method. instead of nerfing fishing buff other methods :)

#11 Carrot_Junkie, Jul 17, 2023
  12. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +575
    melon farming generates a better income then fishing, just requires more attention and more click intensive

13. AusRoona

AusRoona Tycoon

Ratings:
    +37
    Objection! relevance?
    I am aware that melon farming produces more $$. My suggestion was more about the autonomy. keep the prices the way they are. just remove the autonomy. If a player could use their auto fish mod but have to turn or move a boat every 20-30 seconds it makes it less autonomous and less likely for AFK fishing.

14. bsqt

bsqt Head of Sports
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +337
    Sounds like you are complaining that a good money making method doesn't involve much user input, with that logic then are you suggesting spawner setups get nerfed?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  15. GoProDojo

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +271
    What bsqt said.

mob farms take less effort (after building the farm) cause you don’t even need red stone just autoclicking and sell hand macro and make 250k an hour.

fishing makes about 70k an hour.

Melon farm makes 140k an hour and I’ve been able to do it while watching Netflix and just going straight. I’ve seen someone else macro and not even have to do any effort.

a lot of your reasons have flaws in them but if we do follow your logic and nerf fishing than we must nerf everything else.

16. GoProDojo

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +271
    Also to add on No fisher is allowed to completely keep their attention away. Atleast all the hardcore fishers I know still talk in chat including myself.

17. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +575
    i mean afk fish - automation = banned and account wipe

grinding spawners is also better money making and you stand in one spot and click alot whilst running a sell all and condense macro/powertools.
    fishing isnt the best money maker - instead of trying to fuck up rod prices and fish prices we should focus on suggestions to improve othersides of the market such as mining and less popular crops

also boat fishing is better catch rate but id take the lazy option for a little less money for 75% less of my attention

#17 coow_coow, Jul 17, 2023
  18. JRigz

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +144
    stop getting salty about fishing when you don't even fish. I must say there should be more eyes open for AFK fishing, but other than that its perfectly fine. A tool that costs 10m+ making like 120k/hour is fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  19. TM_iBeast

TM_iBeast Not Staff Member
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +484
    While having to pay attention is true, that doesn't remove the fact fishing is still an automated event. You get a rod and auto fish on a dispenser. While you have to pay attention to your client, it's by far the best money maker in terms of effort.

Mob farms require a lot of investments and once we are back to a constant reset cycle, don't last that long. Melon farms require significant more effort. They require actual interaction with the client.

Heavy +1

20. beeliebub

beeliebub bing bong
    Server Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +1,002
    Suggestions are a great place for the community to have amicable discussions and debates about potential changes to the server. Suggestions are not a great place to throw around insults, flame bait, and completely veer off topic.

Any further posts that are not relevant and/or not constructive to the suggestion will be removed and a forum warning issued.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.