Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Trade emeralds for netherstars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oxwood2, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    In Game Name:
    oxwood2
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Trade emeralds for netherstars
    What are you suggesting:
    Since nether stars can already be traded for emeralds in a 2:1 ratio (nether stars:emeralds), a reverse should be possible, too. The ratio should be 2:5 (nether stars:emeralds) making the reverse trade unfavorable.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It would allow another sink for emeralds (just currently the emerald collector medal) to support the player market. God Drops will probably keep the nstar market very healthy for some time which in turn would support the emerald market with this change.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    -1 only reason we have the buyback for nstars:exp is because the chest shop plugin doesn’t have a way to store and sell exp.

I treat the emerald purchasing like blockshop. By the logic presented here, it would be like selling blocks to the server for nstars, which is very dumb (get ready for a trade back of 200 wool for a nstar)

3. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Yes, except that emeralds don't have a value to the server so they don't influence the price of nstars very much

4. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    There’s a lot of stuff in the server shops that don’t have a value that you can get for nstars (excluding star tools). Examples are sea lanterns, prismarine items, banner patterns, etc.

Would you want to trade sea lanterns for nstars?

I don’t think this counter holds up.

#4 Jdawger, Sep 10, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  5. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder

Ratings:
    +1,684
    No because they don't already have exchanges for nether stars. I would rather see the existing nether star-emerald trade be removed

6. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,271
    They have an nstar to item exchange, not the other way around. I agree nstar to emerald prob shouldn’t have happened, but it’s whatever, I’m not bothered by it. I’m just super against emerald to nstar for the reasons we don’t have sea lanterns to nstar

7. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    I've always viewed nstars as the reward tickets for various restaurant games. they have no real value just what they are redeemed for. You can't buy them or earn them normally only by playing the game at the restaurant. since you can't trade in the prizes for the game pieces. I see no reason to do it here.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    We won't be adding this trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.