Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Town name length increase.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by communism1, Feb 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    Yeah, I said "something along the lines of." What I mean is "1-13 characters or more as long as it's not too spammy, at staff discretion." Obviously others can think of better wording, I just mean that basic sentiment, not meant to be the final draft. I think the line you came up with is good, however, as I wasn't really sure how to say it.

#21 communism1, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,380
    Well then, this is literally the first time anyone has complained about us allowing slightly longer town-names.

In over 800 towns placed since the reset about a dozen or so have longer than 13 names, and even then only slightly. It seems the only issue here is that we recently approved a 19 char town-name, even tho in the past year we've been allowing anywhere from 14-20.
    As stated above, its not a plugin limitation, plot-names can be much longer and this is mostly a GA enforced stipulation. The concern about town-names is for warps and portal names not being too long.
    As it is, with the number of towns existing with longer names this is not a case of arbitrary allowances, we simply have relaxed on the length and not made a big deal unless its an absurdly long name.

I am however raising the limit to 20, this is already updated in the wiki and will be updated on the relevant application forms in due time.
    Marking accepted since this is pretty much what we're doing already, I just need to make some updates around the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.