Acknowledged [All Main Servers Suggestion] The Great Magic Item Race

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Moosagi, Jan 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moosagi

Moosagi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +39
    In Game Name:
    moosagi
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    The Great Magic Item Race
    What are you suggesting:
    Every month an item from the magic items list is chosen (ex. spruce logs) or heck, any item. Like sand, 'green glass', dead bushes, sticks, whatever. When those items are sold by the player to the server (meaning, via /sell hand, or /sell all) the money they get is tallied onto a leaderboard.

The top players can be entered into a raffle or a prize board covered out of the tax man. For example if the first month, spruce logs were chosen, the one who /sell spruce_log the most will be the winner.

You could even just reduce thecost of spruce logs to 0.01 to fund the prize or something.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    1. The opportunity cost of driving players to farm spruce logs for a reduced cost will improve the economy by reducing inflation from other high paying activities like endless fishing.

2. It will give new life to magic tools that are currently useless.

3. It will drive player interaction by making player shops more meaningful. People will capitalize on the market for otherwise mundane items.

4. It will make things more fun and interesting by keeping players on their toes while at the same time not requiring anyone to change how they play if they don't want to participate.

5. It will drive players to buy features since having /smelt all, /condense all, /kit mobs, /kit water, etc. for some items will become extremely valuable. Like if one month it's ink sacs. People with /kit mobs are going to have a slightly easier time.

6. It's fun as hell to compete with other players. People can choose to compete in this or not. I think a lot of people will.
    Other information:
    You could also run it as a special one time event.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    I don't know if this requires a custom addition or not but I think it would be a relatively straightforward thing to code, it's just log analysis I guess. Dunno.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    Sounds like the Wandering Trader events that we had for months and semi-recently took a break on

#2 Jdawger, Jan 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2023
  3. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    @ClarinetPhoenix is our Events Manager. Please contact her with events ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.