Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] StarShop Lore / Titles / Chat Announce

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by creepcreepcreep, Oct 8, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creepcreepcreep

creepcreepcreep President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    In Game Name:
    creepcreepcreep
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    StarShop Lore / Titles / Chat Announce
    What are you suggesting:
    Star tools and items need lore or at the very least colorful titles that reflect their star status. An announcement in chat would be nice to show your transaction went through. (Even if it only displays to the player like a chest shop message)
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    With the new price drop there's going to be an influx of StarStuff in circulation. It can be hard to differentiate between Star items and vanilla items. So much so that I was almost pitch forked by an angry mob for auctioning a star rod, players and a mod thought I was scamming. Add MagicStuff to the mix it can get even more confusing for players new and old. At the moment there's no indication your transaction goes through at the starshop. I ended up buying 2 star rods because I couldn't tell the first one came through. No chat announcement, nothing in my inventory that looked unique (it was there but the StarStuff look like a regular item)
    Other information:
    Chestshops have conditioned us to a message in chat when a transaction goes through. The lack of one in starshop is strange.

I'm guessing people who already have StarStuff will want the lored/fancy title version. This could be handled like the Mjang key swap where we pm Clar the location of a chest with items that need updated and she works her magic to rename or replace them. Anyone that does not do it by a certain date keeps them as they are.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    I think we already have the technology.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. creepcreepcreep

creepcreepcreep President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    Update: I don't have a lot of these items. It appears StarSword already has the title and lore. The issue might be limited to certain StarStuff (rod for sure doesn't have it). Chat confirmation of the transaction would still be nice.

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,353
    +0 I’m honestly ok with or without the lore. I will say, when they used to have lore (the God tools) I didn’t like them

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
  5. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,458
    I have added custom lore and names to all the star tools - turns out just a handful of them were missing that distinguishing lore. But they all have the same style lore and same style item names now.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Thanks Clare!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.