Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Star Tools into Emeralds only temporary

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MinecraftParkerH, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MinecraftParkerH

MinecraftParkerH ECC ElonMusk
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +178
    In Game Name:
    MinecraftParkerH
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Star Tools into Emeralds only temporary
    What are you suggesting:
    I have a crazy idea and before I suggest I just wanna hear what you have to say so I was thinking since everyone is going crazy about star tool market maybe you could do a temporary like trade star tools for emeralds cause I personally will get rid of all my star tools 9-13 shulkers full for emeralds that I will use for my town and never sell I can even make a forum contract with andrew or something if its necessary like I am never allowed to sell emeralds (perm only purchase).
    Plus i would still buy emeralds at 425 per and so who has star tools can trade for emeralds then sell to me
    or use for prestiges etc
    and id put up 100mill+ towards buying up emeralds. (ECD would be easier to take out of the economy then emeralds/star tools)
    I also did the math if we even did 4.4k emeralds per tool which is what they are worth in the star shop I could purchase more than 55 star tools worth of emeralds from users. Please message me what you guys think and if you guys think this profits me or something suggest something other than throw them in lava. Also though in order for this to work Id suggest a change to the god drops
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Help out the surplus of star tools
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. edrandom

edrandom edsleepy
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +81
    actually not bad +1

3. CoalMiner4life

CoalMiner4life Not sure what I do here
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +50
  4. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    +1 i like the idea, just not at 4400emeralds per tool (current rate for star per tool i understand)... i think it would have to drop a lot more

5. bsqt

bsqt Head of Sports
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +337
  6. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Moderator ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +360
    Trade ins are usually at a loss since you are exchanging the time it would take to sell and fluctuations in sale price for convenience. I'd be comfortable with 3/4 to 5/8 shop rate of tool as a solid +1 from me. If trading at a loss I see no reason to bind your selling them either.

+1 with stipulations.

7. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,329
    I mean honestly taking star tools out of the economy is pretty healthy...
    However, I would probably lower the conversion of star tools --> emeralds (maybe half or even lowballing it like 1000 emeralds/tool) so the emerald market isnt completely fucked over as a result of this. However, I just see this as benefiting one person instead of the greater good, because in reality who else has "9-13 shulker boxes" of strictly star tools?
    It could go in tiers like the nstar -> star tool conversion in the star shop, with eff7s and melon swords being more but armor being worth far less.
    I'm all for lowballing it with like 500-1000 emeralds per tool.

+-0 as i like the beginnings of the idea but i dont see the greater benefit to a large majority of the server (hey, at least its not a -1?)

8. kimi2QT

kimi2QT Ultra kawaii weeb
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +72
    I have to agree with previous comments. There's also the question of whether god tools would also be eligible, and if they would be exchanged at the same rate or slightly more.

It's a good concept but i think needs to be more thought out than it is.

9. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    Alrighty, I am neither +1 or -1 on this, instead more or less here to toss a little bit of information in,

At the moment from my understanding this would have to be done as an application that the SA+ team handles, as you will be unable to trade a star tool (especially one that is lored/owned) to any kind of buy/sell sign, so this wouldnt be a simple click of a button. (I am sure this wouldnt disqualify the idea just something to keep in mind).

My opinion on how many emeralds per star tool, a absolute maximum of 2000, at which point with your current prices would value be 850k in emeralds (Mind you this is far more than some tools have sold for recently). I personally am more a fan of dropping it down to 1000 as @Zedoker had mentioned, as for most users they had this tool, used it made good money from it and now want to return it, you dont ever get full price back on a used item do you?

Another thing to note would be, it may be great for the STar tool economy long term, but it will eventually have a negative effect on the Emerald market, im aware you say you wont sell them, however it only takes one other user with a ton of tools in order to do so.

10. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    I don't mind the idea.
    But the fact you say you should undergo a contract not to sell the emeralds is just unenforceable.
    I cant really see a way where this would be able to be checked either.

11. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Moderator ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +360
    Unlike the idea to reduce exp in the shop this is a good debate able topic though. He may have a stock of them, but others may have some too. Let's face it. This is the only way they are coming out of the economy is in an exchange. Let's not penalize someone because they have some cash.

I do like your reasoning on the exchange rate. I was far to conservative.

12. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    We will not be implementing such a conversion as a system, nor are many of the ideas proposed here (such as a "contract" on selling) even feasible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.