Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Set up nstars -> spawner keys for server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by matrix_rep, Jun 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,450
    In Game Name:
    Matrix_rep
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Set up nstars -> spawner keys for server
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggestion that the server sells players spawner keys for 20 nether stars per spawner key. I think this is a great way to slowly take nether stars out of the economy. Furthermore, this would not hurt those who purchase monthly spawners, as those are going for around 10k-12k in game... 20 nether stars easily clears this threshold.

Obviously the number of nether stars can be adjusted but I think in order for this to work, it has to be somewhat reasonable.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It would help the NSTAR economy! and take those pesky stars out of the economy for good :D
    Other information:
    nope!
    Plugin or custom addition:
    No
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Potato Potato x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    Would this not just deflate the spawner economy, thus rendering those who bought monthly spawners high and dry? If people start buying spawner keys for 20 nether stars, by definition the purchase would be worth it and the people who bought monthly spawners would lose value.

If the purchase is not used and is not worth it, then the suggestion is useless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #2 OConner1279, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  3. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    For one you say it doesn't hurt the people who already purchased monthly spawners in the store, however this introduces more spawners into the server, which will eventually lower prices that users sell these specific spawners for. For a while it was hard to get PolarBear spawners, along with Ghasts, introducing this would up the amount that would be on each server.

On top of that I don't think there needs to be something to sink netherstars into, seem fine the way the are :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. matrix_rep

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,450
    I understand your concern. But keep in mind that these spawners would still cost an individual 20 nether stars to buy from the server. If you value stars at 750 that is 15k per buying from the server. People can still make alot of money by purchasing monthly spawners and selling them for 10k per to individuals. Think of buying from the server as a "last resort" but still it has to be a reasonable price in order to get people to actually spend nether stars on them.

5. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    +1 I like this idea!

6. David_Torento

David_Torento ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +422
    It still hurts monthly spawner buyers because it decreases the value of any spawners that it would spawn in due to an increase in supply.

7. matrix_rep

Ratings:
    +7,450
    I understand that the supply will go up, however they will still likely be used up on a monthly basis since placed spawners reset every month. Furthermore people will still run to the player, or user to purchase their spawners because it will be cheaper than buying from the server, as shown by the price above. The number of the nether stars that it costs can be adjusted but you have to realize that this will take a ton of stars out of the economy, raising the price of nether stars and once that happens the players who have donated can raise the price of spawner keys even more.

8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I like the idea but the price should be higher.

9. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,151
    So we have spoken ingame a lil about this, I like the concept but something about it bothers me.

If I were to get on board I agree with Nicit, Raise the prices, at current prices thats 16k, tbh double it, give those who have spawners from donations have more control with how they want to price it.

HOWEVER all it takes is one person with a stupid amount of nstars to buy a ton of spawner keys and then all of a sudden we have far too many of those in the economy.

#9 Pab_Jr, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  10. Ian__D

Ian__D æ
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,676
    +1 I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it (hopefully!)

11. ZuluZu

ZuluZu EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +44
    +1 I like it.

12. matrix_rep

Ratings:
    +7,450
    I am all for this, give the people who donated leverage. I just assumed the price because as long as I have been active I have seen a steady price of 10k per spawner key. The price is negotiable obviously I would just urge the co owner team or whoever implements this if its accepted to keep in mind that the price needs to be somewhat reasonable in order for people to actually spend their nether stars for spawners.

EDIT for your point: And yes, there goes a huge amount of nether stars leaving the economy. 200 spawner keys with a price of 20 stars per hey would cost 4,000 nether stars. A price of 32 stars per key would cost 6,400 stars just in order to get 200 spawner keys.
    These keys are currently sold at 10k per which comes to around 2 mil for 200 spawner keys.

#12 matrix_rep, Jun 6, 2020
  13. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    -1 honestly, spawners aren’t that expensive. Hell, even if you buy one monthly spawner, that’s three spawners right there (one for each server). If you have travel bag or know someone who does (and many people do tbs for free), then you the price per spawner is worth even less.

I guess what I’m trying to say is Main Server spawner keys aren’t worth 20 nstars. Yes, there are some great spawners, but at least 80% of them are shit for main server economy. Plus, this would not only deflate the already depleting spawner market, but deflate the monthly spawner feature, which are two things that shouldn’t happen.

14. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
  15. matrix_rep

Ratings:
    +7,450
    Can you elaborate

16. xHarambae

xHarambae President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +549
    I believe it should be 16 netherstars: 1 spawner. Like people have stated above, users who spent USD/ECD on monthly spawners should have the ability and opportunity to decide what price they want to sell their keys at. ECC needs a way to take nether stars out of the economy.

17. welikeike22

welikeike22 Dean Martin
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +987
  18. RazorRimz

RazorRimz Builder

Ratings:
    +646
    yeah sure +1

19. Paranoid_Devil

Paranoid_Devil NPC and Announcer of Events
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +5

There was a recent small crash on Nstars and I feel like this will domino into crashing the spawner market. Then again allowing the people who were able to take advantage of the Nstar crash to again take advantage of a possible spawner crash.

20. matrix_rep

Ratings:
    +7,450
    Please explain how this will crash the spawner market if it costs 20 nether stars minimum for 1 spawner when they currently go for 10k a piece.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #20 matrix_rep, Jun 6, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.