Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Prestiges

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MocaBear, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    In Game Name:
    UBeagle
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Prestiges
    What are you suggesting:
    We raise the % each prestige earns back to 10% per prestige.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    The reason for lowering it to 5% was because having 100% sell hand with 10 prestiges would hurt the economy... and would make it unbalanced. Welp we done sailed that ship already... now a P2W item gives 100%(edit: now +50%) sell hand on the main items sold. I feel like rewarding people who spent a year+ getting prestige would be make prestiges more worth the grind.
    Other information:
    Hours and Hours of work go into prestiges, and your now paying over 10mil per prestige (hence why the forum pay medal went up in price). I Think should be reflected in prestige value when looking at other new items in the game.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    prestige.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #1 MocaBear, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  2. kkha

kkha Norwegian Country Man
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    +100

YES, atleast now after release of magic items!

3. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    +1 giving everybody access to such high prestige sell amounts just for buying god drops while invalidating the months of worth current prestige holders have put in to get their prestiges is ridiculous, more should be done for current prestige holders but this would be a nice start

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. xHarambae

xHarambae President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +549
    +1 I don’t see the harm at the current state we are in lol, but we shall see from the other responses in the community.

5. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    +1 for possibly increasing prestige /sell (so don’t get my intentions wrong), but I do need to state some possible concerns with this.

My issue, albeit probably a minor one in the grand scheme of things, is by increasing prestige values, we would be inflating sell prices significantly and possibly making ECD grinding with magic tools more OP. Yes, we have magic tools that generate rather ludicrous amounts of ECD, but a lot of these tool owners also have at least one prestige, if not more than half of the available ones. Don’t get me wrong, I want prestiges to mean something again (this why I +1’d this)

In my opinion, magic tools didn’t ruin or taint prestige grinding, it was prestige shops that buy most of the big ticket selling items for prices that are higher than almost everyone’s /sell prestige. I only obtained one prestige because why should I spend hours upon days upon months grinding for another prestige when I can sell most items at a shop like Highgarden for much higher anyway.

I would like increased prestige /sell, but I also don’t see how this will help. People’s buying prices will increase and will make this rather null. I really do not see how increasing prestige /sell will solve the increased prices people are paying for prestiges or combat the increasing /sell and grand ECD making capabilities from magic armor and tools.

Also, I do want to point out that the only way to get over 100% additional /sell at this time is to have Prestige X, all four pieces of L2 armor, and a magic item. L2 armor is super rare and the magic items rarer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #5 Jdawger, Jan 7, 2021
  6. Ancastal

Ancastal Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +85
    +1 I agree. This is necessary. At the current state, new magic items completely invalidate prestige owners and force them to spend incredible amounts of money to even start being competitive in the prestige market and earning some ecd.

7. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    +1 But maybe we keep magic armor at +5% and +10% still?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I agree with @Jdawger regarding prestige shops:

There's no point to earning prestige when you would effectively need ALL of the following to beat prestige shops:
    - Max Prestige
    - Full Magic L2 armor
    - Magic Item

This doesn't change regardless of prestige being 5% or 10%.

Honestly imo this just gives those who run prestige shops more of a profit margin while not really changing anything for the rest of us.

Hey, wait, Unique, don't you run a prestige shop? :thinking:

#8 Nicit6, Jan 7, 2021
  9. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,109,910
    Ratings:
    +694
    +1, but keep the magic stuff at 5% please

10. MocaBear

MocaBear Just a Dog
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +410
    yes i DID run a prestige shop, and i also grinded many hours to earn those prestiges... but now that magic items are a thing there is no way to compete without p2w goddrops. even with 10% per prestige a max prestige will still make less than a person with full magic lvl2 armor and the magic item. it will just make it possible for other people to use their prestige to their advantage. Why should only people who buy an absurd amount of goddrops get to run "magic" shops (i beg to differ that they are not prestige shops at this point). BUT i can also sell my own stuff, and use other money making methods such as mob farms to /sell hand with my prestige as a different way of money making.

We have already come to the conclusion that the rich will only get richer, and the major prestige/magic shops (omg & black) will be there and forever get richer... but that doesn't mean everyone else on the server shouldn't get fair value for prestige.

To your point.. you are correct there is no point to earning prestige atm... but if my prestige is 80-100% i don't have to rely on those magic shops, and I shouldn't have to when I have grinded and achieved prestiges already.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    #10 MocaBear, Jan 7, 2021
  11. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    One vital point of information I think you are missing is if prestiges increase, then they increase for everyone, including those who currently have "magic shops" (as you call them). Margin percent between players and those magic shop owners you mentioned would stay at the same distance, just at a higher base price.

#11 Jdawger, Jan 7, 2021
  12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Thank you for the suggestion, ratings, input, and great discussion.
    All prestige levels have been bumped by 5%.

This means you now get a 10% bonus per level, as opposed to the previous 5%.
    This will be live after our next maintenance period.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    #12 andrewkm, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.