Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Permanent Duration on Star/God Tools

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Moosagi, Sep 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moosagi

Moosagi President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +39
    In Game Name:
    Moosagi
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Permanent Duration on Star/God Tools
    What are you suggesting:
    Give star/god tools a permanent duration such that they will expire after a certain amount of use. I suggest that you calculate the cost of the tools at around 1-2 mil each and then cause them to expire after they have made approx. 5x their worth. This would allow players to make lots of money with their star tools while controlling the market; it would also create a vibrant market for low-duration star tools so new players could pick them up and work their way into the economy.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    back in the '90s and on I played games like this-- one of which was called Medievia. Medievia had a similar economy to this one in many respects. They found an interesting way to control their economy which I believe would be an asset to EcoCityCraft, which would allow you to control the amount of star/god tools in the economy without significantly affecting the immediate economy. As such, it might be a great solution to certain problems that may arise in the future.
    Other information:
    Over time, large amounts of powerful tools will accumulate in the game. This is called power creep; ala Magic the Gathering, and many other games. The way Medievia solved the problem was to have a second stat added to all high end items; a kind of perma-durability. So for example, a star/god/magic pickaxe would last for about 200 hours of continuous mining; a magic/ecc tool maybe 500-1000. Im guessing this is in the range of about 5 million blocks mined with a star pickaxe; experiments would be needed to get a good number. So they would have normal durability and be repairable as now, but would slowly decay and disappear over time. This could be checked with an item examine command or shown alongside the /owned information in the item description. I feel this would be a really easy to implement solution that would significantly increase the enjoyability, sustanability, and vibrancy of the economy in ECC.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Moosagi, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    I think @anduwukm has some major changes incoming by early 2021, in addition to the changes that have already been made.
    Personally, I dislike the idea of breaking my OP tools, but I understand how it could help the economy.
    -1 until the "major changes" have been made, or confirmed by someone to be completely unrelated to this proposal.

3. theman12143

theman12143 ECC Benefactor
    ECC Benefactor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +167
    Huhhhh this sounds worse than my worse suggestion honestly and that was to add emojis -1 people can ask for a repair on the tool if they don’t have the feature...

4. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    how do you assign value on items? like ores? what about the interactions with prestiges? using star tools for clearing? how do you value star tools given the nstar market is player controlled?

5. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,226
    I don't like this suggestion. For people who can't afford magic/ecc tools, star tools are the next best thing. I don't want the duration of them limited due to richer people being able to afford better tools.

If I buy a tool, I don't want it to self-destruct on me after so many uses.

6. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,064
    -1, I like not having things just break on me. I got enchanted repair for a reason.

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,056
    Denied based on responses above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.