Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Opt out of Town for President

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TaylorBros22, Dec 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    In Game Name:
    TaylorBros22
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Opt out of Town for President
    What are you suggesting:
    That users are given a choice to opt out of having to create a town for President.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    There are a few user's I've seen who do not want to upgrade to President as they don't want an extra town, and struggle to find someone to sell their town to in order to rank up. I believe that we should give users a choice on whether they want a town with the President rank. The commands used to promote a user to the president group and set a town are different, so there would be no need to change commands around.

The only problem I see here is applying for additional towns. The first additional town is town #3 (costing 220k). For users who did not want a president town, this would be town #2 for them. I suggest we simply charge 220k and onwards (as we do already). If anyone else has a better suggestion for how this could be implemented, I'm open to ideas!
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Change to the President application form, help file and wiki page.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816

If someone doesn't want their president town they are still able to sell it onto someone who does, with the costs of rankup & town transfers less than some of the later additional town charges.

Also, without a town, president really doesn't get a huge amount, and I can see many people doing this and later regretting not taking the town.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #2 kenny0011, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  3. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    I hate being forced to have towns with ranks, especially when I didn't want them and they're being used for literally nothing right now as I never touched them and never will.

Have it be an option for wanting a town or not in the app. Literally a check in the box and easy day from there. People like me are happy who don't want any towns, and people can still sell their towns if they want to someone else.

Huge +1 from me

#3 FwgKing, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    If there is an option to rank up, but still have credit to place the president town later, then I would agree.

But for just opting out, I need to -1 this for pretty much all reasons @kenny0011 stated. There are many players such as myself who would benefit greatly on these towns and would happily buy the rank up for the future president in exchange for the town.

5. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,756

There is never a problem for players who would like to have a town-president funds exchange occur, there are plenty of players who buy such towns. I believe it would just cause problems later down the line with subsequent apps, regret and as Kenny stated, the benefits of President.

6. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    I don't see why someone who doesn't want their town to easily come into the forums and create a thread saying selling a town:
    Buyer can name town
    Place town anywhere
    Agree to make a contract to make it transferrable.

And I'm sure someone will offer money for it, I wanna say Oly and Jdawger have always bought towns pretty much 100% of the time...
    Some people even pay full president price to rank people up, so I don't really see why this would be needed unless I'm missing a key point?

#6 Mission001, Dec 21, 2020
  7. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Some people don't want to go to the lengths to create a thread/advertise and just want to rank up.

I don't see why we force people to apply for a town with president, when some user's just want to rank up without the town placement.

In regards to people buying towns, I would say this is exactly what the additional town apps are for (yes, they are more expensive, but so they should be if you've ranked to a point where you need to use them). If you've skipped the presidential town, then that was your choice.

I just want to reiterate that this is not a 'remove the president town' it's an option to opt out of it.

#7 TaylorBros22, Dec 21, 2020
  8. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Yet they still have to create a thread on the forums to actually rank up...
    And they are not forced to advertise their thread either, most people who are looking to rank people up using this kind of method advertise themselves or check the forums regularly. So I doubt they'd have to wait any longer then waiting for their app to be processed to find someone interested in buying there town for a fee.
    It's more people who want a certain price for their town when it takes longer to barter and negociate
    So again, I don't see a reason still to change the way it's currently structured when there is a market for towns in this way.

This was also why town transfer prices were altered to make it so for most people it wouldn't be worth buying a presidents town because of the expense. This Is only beneficial for people who have maxed out their additional towns

#8 Mission001, Dec 21, 2020
  9. TaylorBros22

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    True true, there is a market for towns this way. But again, it would be an opt out system, so in terms of killing the market for it completely, I'm not sure how much of an effect it would have.
    The forum post they have to create can be accessed via /help president in game, so they wouldn't have to go through the lengths of creating a post from scratch and then confer with the person who's buying it, then file their app.

I do see your point about the market for these kinda apps tho :D

10. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    -1 Beyond the point about being able to sell a town to players, one can also just place a town in the middle of nowhere, and (if they feel like it) add a non-members break allow flag by paying another user like 3k.
    Furthermore, if a player really does not want a town, you can always just give a player owner rank of the region and never apply to have it restored to your control.

11. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    +1, whats it matter if someone has a town created or not. If they choose not to have a town for mayor/president i dont think it adds extra work for the staff team. I say let people choose whether they have a town or not. if they choose not to have a town. so be it. thats their loss.

12. BBQ_watermelon

BBQ_watermelon Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +64
    +1, The 2nd town being forced never really made sense aside from making president a more expensive upgrade back in 2012 when it was the highest rank possible. Also I think it would be hilarious to see the president rank work like it did in 2011.

If people want the rank, I don't see why they should be forced to claim a section of land they don't plan on using.

#12 BBQ_watermelon, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.