Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Offline message

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RealCookichu, Feb 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealCookichu

RealCookichu *The Real Cookie*
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +33
    In Game Name:
    RealCookichu
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Offline message
    What are you suggesting:
    I suggest an offline message system. It should work like the /ch afk message.
    I think it would be a cool addition to /seen, So if someone uses /seen on a Player the time could appear and the offline message from the player, to example 'I am in vacation until the 8th february, pm me on discord'
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It´s as useful as a afk message, but it indicates that a player wont be online for a certain time and it could give someone another way to contact a person when this person is either offline or playing another game (legends say they exist)
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    I mean, I get where you are coming from, but we have /mail. If you send a mail, once the person is online, they can see you were trying to message you, but they weren't online.

3. RealCookichu

RealCookichu *The Real Cookie*
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +33
    Yea but if you´re not at home, to example in vacation, an offline message could still refer to your discord or similar. It could also inform the person mailing you when they can expect an answer from you. Imagine you need a quick answer from someone, mail them and they dont respond. with the offline message you´d be able to know when they´re back or even know that they´re gone for a week or so. Ofc, similar to the afk message, this would be optional so no need to use it but i think it would be really useful

4. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    Again, I see where you're coming from. If you are using the argument that it would be used to refer someone to another way of messaging if you are not online, then I don't think it is worth the coding IMO. One can easily send a forum message to the user since they [should] have the exact same name as ingame.

Where I feel this logic sounds a little flawed is if someone (based off your example) is on vacation, then they are most likely not going to check Discord as well. Yes, a custom message system like /ch afk is cool and would be semi-helpful to put an "Out of Office" date, but I find it highly unneeded and would probably not be used too often (TL;DR, at least based off how this is being presented, it sounds like it would be rarely used for the amount of time possibly needed to be coded). Where standard /ch afk comes in handy is to make people not think you are ignoring them when they message. Offline wouldn't really change if it is there or not.

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I mean discord has a super usable mobile app that I imagine a decent number of people have. It's definitely easier to reach me via discord even if I can't get in game.

That said though I don't see the need for anything custom here anyway -- anyone who needs to contact you, you should probably make arrangements with prior to going.

6. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,354
    Oh I totally agree. I guess I was a little unclear with my reasoning.

TBF, i think adding a field for your discord handle in your profile on the forums would be an easier and much more worthwhile than a custom thing like this.

in fact, I might even suggest that

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    I honestly don't see the need for this.
    Just not worth the dev time for something that, let's be honest, won't be used.
    Use discord, the forums, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.