Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] MCMMO Excavation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Revanrose6, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    In Game Name:
    Revanrose6
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    MCMMO Excavation
    What are you suggesting:
    Replace Music disc drops from excavation with Emeralds.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It is a .05% chance of getting a music disc. If you get one, congrats, you now have something no one wants that is achievable threw other methods. Meanwhile, it is incredibly rare to find emeralds in the wild and also it is rare to get them via fishing. Adding another rare way to get them will increase supply which is currently effectively 0. The server has been bled dry of almost all emeralds and adding a new way to get them would not be detrimental but arguably helpful.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    McMMO
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    I personally am -1 on this, I actually get quite a few music discs when going through clearing areas, I like how hard it is to get emeralds, it keeps the value of them extremely high, and if people really want them they can now get them for netherstars if they are willing to spend that much. Please keep emeralds the way they are as an item with a high value that is extremely hard to get/find.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    EDIT: After thinking it over, I've actually changed my mind about this suggestion. See my next post.

#3 WeirdBuilder, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  4. Stolio

Stolio Melon Farming Prick
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +427

I really like how exclusive emeralds are. At least one thing that requires a lot of time/effort to obtain

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    So I did a quick test.
    In less than 1 minute, with Excavation level 460, I got 5 music discs. Just multiply that by 60 at that level you are at 300 music discs, or in case of this suggestion 300 Emeralds. This is more emeralds that you are going to get in 1, likely even 2+ hours of mining, and that isnt factoring someone with 1000 excavation, which increases drop chances. This suggestion takes away another reason for people to go mining. Why give people a reason to go away from mining, this in turn will reduce the Diamonds, gold, Iron.
    While this may be the easier change to bringing more emeralds into circulation, I personally think giving more of an incentive for people to go mining would be the better solution. From what ive heard from people less people are mining, giving people a reason to mine brings more people, which in turn brings more emeralds, while not at an excessive amount.

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Inb4 "magic pickaxe" which has a random chance of dropping emeralds while mining.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,484
    Maybe instead of the music disc being replaced with Emerald.
    Why not add emerald into the loot table?

Diamond was originally in the McMMO table which to my knowledge has changed now.
    But we added prismarine shards and crystals into the drop table when they were extremely sort after.
    So why not add Emeralds into the table as well?

They can have a low drop rate and needing a high level of excavation? That way the percentage also has to deal with all the other drops that come before it on top of the low rate of drop.

+1 for adding it to the drop table.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +442
    Music discs are extremely annoying when clearing land as they fill your inventory rather quickly and are worthless, as compared to other drops such as glowstone dust, which has a solid player market. Personally I’d take anything to replace them, or would like to see them just removed from excavation even with no replacement.

9. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    On second thought, I'm going to have to oppose this suggestion. 0.05% is a small percentage in concept, but while excavating, you actually can gather a substantial amount of music discs in a short period.

According to Pab:
    If this test accurately reflects the current drop rate, then I cannot endorse this suggestion. I would only be willing to +1 this suggestion if the drop rate of emeralds were somewhere in the range of ~9-15 emeralds per hour, so as to maintain emerald rarity and keep mining as the best method of acquiring emeralds.

We are a hardcore economy at the end of the day. Though it may suck to have to sit through the current emerald shortage, it (imo) best represents what ECC is supposed to be about: a hardcore economy with a player-driven market. It'll take some time, but once people have gotten their emerald collectors medals and player population rises after advertising hits (potential miners), the emerald market will become stable again.

#9 WeirdBuilder, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  10. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    Music disks are far too common from excavation. I personally love the feeling of finding emerald ore when mining, and I don't think it should be devalued.

+! For a one in 20,000 (0.005%) chance

#10 OConner1279, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  11. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,756
    +1 with some changes to the percentage drop, maybe like 0.001% or something?

A new way has been created for rather p2w means with netherstars, lets make it possible for newer users with drastically and severely decreased odds?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #11 OlympiansAreGods, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  12. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    We will not be adding emeralds as McMMO excavation treasures.

Refile a new suggestion for such discs to be removed or replaced by an alternative material.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.