Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] MagicAxe Buff that doesn't nerf MagicHoe

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by strongpelt, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,090
    In Game Name:
    strongpelt
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    MagicAxe Buff that doesn't nerf MagicHoe
    What are you suggesting:
    Okay so we added the suggestion of allowing the magic tree feller to work on the crimson nether trees. Which buffed magic axe WAY too much. the fix was to nerf the nwart block. that nerfs the magic hoe though as nwart is troublesome to store and transport for inventory space without a block form.

Now, going by this help ticket: https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/bug-report-magic-axe-on-nether-trees.205081/
    the magic feller DOESNT work on the blue shit. I suggest we switch the two. Make the feller only work on the blue warped ones and not on the crimson stuff. Adjust the blue warped blocks value until you reach a desired income for magic axe. Leave the nwart blocks alone to preserve the magic hoe values. The blue stuff isnt attached to any crop. at least not yet. so it makes it perfect to use for axe's profit.

So essentially:
    Magic feller on Blue warped shit: GOOD
    Magic feller on red crimson nwart blocks: BAD

Now i know you dont take suggestions on economy really but this was the only way i really knew of to at least point out this route. Just to put it on the table
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    So you don't piss off everyone with a magic hoe (i dont own one myself but i know people that do) This also lets you control magic axe yields to help boost that tool. they are magical tools that are a bitch to get, lets make suggestions that can help both markets. And I am in no way suggesting to make the blue shit the same price that the red was. but you can tweak it to make it make about what the others do.
    Other information:
    n/a?
    Plugin or custom addition:
    n/a
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,090
    Forgot to put: I dont have any idea for what price to make the blue shit. that can be left up to andrew or united or whoever tests that shit.

3. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    +1 nerfing nether wart blocks as a whole jsut wasnt a good idea

4. Speed42jh

Speed42jh President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +215
    +1
    Nether wart blocks are a way to store nether warts. If you are a nether wart farmer and you don’t have playervaults or more inventory space, it will be in and out of warping to and from prestige shops to sell the warts. People buying nether warts will also see an overflow of warts because it’s no longer in the block form and the warts themselves come in large quantities. Chests at prestige shops would always be filled making it a hassle to maintain these shop chests.

5. FirstNolan

FirstNolan Former GameAdmin
    ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +285
    +1
    Makes the axe relevant and a good source to make money (whatever the developers desire) while also restoring the value of the magic hoe.

6. Videowiz92

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Benefactor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,198
    My thoughts on the effects by the nerf are neutral. I just want the axe to work as intended, to tear down trees and collect materials to build with.

A solution I can see for the nerf against nether wart blocks would be to have the magic axe give a single nether wart for each block it breaks instead of returning the block. This effect would also have to be applied to McMMO's tree feller ability for mass farming purposes. Obviously this isn't vanilla behavior with how the blocks are harvested in the trees but this would give those that want the blocks an option of condensing them into blocks and provide an alternative to the magic hoe farm without harming it. Warped blocks can retain their own individual price and perhaps one day we might get an alternative to nether wart blocks in crimson trees from Mojang.

Recoding McMMO's tree feller and leaf blower would seem to be too much work in terms of recoding to work in our favor on ECC. Made a separate suggestion that offers a simpler coding solution.

#6 Videowiz92, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  7. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    +1
    Remove crimson trees from the magic axe tree feller, and put the warped trees instead. So nwart can go back to 5.20$ (Or 5.40$ I'm not sure).
    The warped Wart Block is worth 2$, but doing this will allow staff to decide prices for the magic axe only (it only affects the magic axe).

Last point (could be wrong, I didn't find something very clear about this), but warped forests seem rarer than the crimson one. It means rarer farming spots for the magic axe. This could be wrong, as it is only my personal opinion after farming crimson trees for hours : the warped trees are only in true warped forests biom, whereas there are way more crimson trees around the nether.

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
  9. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    We'll be boosting the price of netherwart to compensate for this so crop farmers aren't hurt. It will go live soon.

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    United's price boost should now be live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.