Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] magic axe L2 tweak

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BobbyBlack, Nov 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    In Game Name:
    bobbyblack
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    magic axe L2 tweak
    What are you suggesting:
    The Magic Axe L2 has sweeping edge as an enchant on it. Sweeping edge does not work on axes in normal minecraft. Can we get it to work on the magic axe L2?
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    The axe has sweeping edge, why not make it actually work on the magic axe L2.
    Other information:
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Ancastal

Ancastal Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +85
    Sweeping Edge as you said only works on sword in Minecraft. Making it work on Magic Axe LV2 would make it too good and overall much better than Magic Sword which is already overpowered enough and should be nerfed in my opinion but that's off-topic. The difference between Axe and Sword as weapons is that Axe deals more damage than sword on a single target, while Sword deals less damage than Axe but has a sweep attack.

3. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +212
    BIG -1 this would literally just make it the magic sword but stronger

4. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder

Ratings:
    +212
    I agree with you to a degree, if there were 10+ tools that made as much xp as the magic sword a day the nstar economy would absolutely tank and q bunch more God drops would be generated flooding the market with magic tools, tanking magic tools price aswell

5. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Doesn't sound like a problem to me.

+1

6. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Why not. +1

7. yandyyyy

yandyyyy Builder

Ratings:
    +212
    More magic tools= more money being generated= faster inflation, how is that a good thing?

8. Ancastal

Ancastal Mayor

Ratings:
    +85
    -

#8 Ancastal, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I really think the ship has sailed on the "inflation is bad" argument, but that's not actually my point.

Magic tools market at like 60m for useful ones and a bit less for less useful ones, more for more useful ones. I'll use 40m for my numbers because it makes math easy. Features seem to be going for 40k/usd. At this rate, it means magic tools are selling for at least $1,000 USD.

That's fucking ludicrous.

Sure, you can get lucky on a god drop and win one. You can even buy a god drop with nstars you bought in game and get it for free. I'm not going to deny that possibility. It's not likely, though. Especially if you aren't using a magic tool to earn the money to buy those nstars.

You cannot seriously compete in the economy currently without a magic tool. That leaves most players the choice of either renting (and assuming a massive load of liability, which I still hold for most players expecting payback on is unrealistic), or buying on a payment plan.

A more accessible economy leads to more participation, which is a healthier economy. Huge wealth gaps aren't healthy.

Back to you though, why is inflation bad? I see so many people use that argument but ultimately I do not think it means what you think it means.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Ancastal

Ancastal Mayor

Ratings:
    +85
    I don't see your point. It was the same with God/Star tools compared to max tools. The price of magic tools is based on how much money they make, plus it's the highest tier. It's not supposed to be available to all players. If one wants to be competitive, they can buy god drops or get one on payment plan and grind to pay it off just like most people who have one have done.

#10 Ancastal, Nov 19, 2020
  11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I'll simplify then:

$1000 USD+ is unreasonable for a single tool on a minecraft server. (Star tools never came close to that, so it's not the same).
    These tools should be more accessible. (I'm not saying everyone should have one.)
    A minor tweak to a single tool that hopefully results in a few more magic tools would help with that. (It's not like this will radically affect the price of magic tools, though).

12. Ancastal

Ancastal Mayor

Ratings:
    +85
    You don't have to sell features to buy a magic tool, just like you're not forced to spend 3k euro to buy 200 monthly spawners. Also with these odds, it will take at most 3 drops to get an ecc/magic tool.

#12 Ancastal, Nov 19, 2020
  13. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,061
    I never said you have to sell features, but tying items back to the value in USD is the most reliable way to compare values. If I have to boil my argument down to one line:

An endgame tool costs more now than ever before (whether you're paying ECD or USD), and that cost is too high.

14. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    I don't think buffing a single tool 3x on the grounds that it will lead to greater propagation of magic tools down the line is a logical way to do things.
    If people want that they should suggest lowering the price of god drops or increasing the odds of getting a tool from one, not handing more power to the already wealthy.
    As for the suggestion itself, bobby's only defense of it is "why not", which I personally find to be an insufficient argument to justify dev time and increasing the wealth of a select few.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Going to be denying this based on the above discussion & because it's probably really annoying to code since it's not vanilla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.