Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Magic Anvil

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KG4Life223, Dec 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KG4Life223

KG4Life223 Big Baller Brand Representative
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +77
    In Game Name:
    KG4Life223
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Magic Anvil
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting a feature that gives a "magic anvil" that allows a player to combine Level 1 and Level 2 Magic tools. L1 + L1 = L2 and L2 + L2 = L3.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This is a good addition to ECC because it will cut down the highly inflated magic tool market. As of right now, it is seriously not worth buying God Drops from the website due to the flooded market. By cutting down the market, it will make it worth people buying god drops, and also correct the flooded market.

--- It May Begin to Flood the L3 Market, but it will lower the amount of tools in circulation which in turn, may raise the value of the L3 tools.

--- In terms of this affecting the Wizard Feature, it would not affect the feature itself whatsoever. At first, it may affect players trying to sell their /magic, but over time with the number of magic tools being reduced, the need to purchase /magic from other players may rise again.
    Other information:
    A player would need (4) of a L1 tool and (2) of a L2 tool in order to turn it into (1) l3 tool with this feature.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    This would be a custom addition and I am not very computer savvy.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Bopogame1

Bopogame1 President
    President ⛰️⛰️

Ratings:
    +110
  3. cardoril

cardoril ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +35
    +1 but i would say make it take 4 of one magic tool to make the next level, otherwise wizard feature becomes useless
    EDIT.
    - sirspuzzy has a point, make it once every 48 hours as well would make it more reasonable also, not 12 or 24 because that would be too quick,
    and make it so its only usable on main with wizard++ so wizard is more useful at higher levels, after all wizard 1 lets you use main, wizard 2 lets you use main north, wizard 3 lets you enchant armor... thats not much of a trade off for the price of the level 3 wizard, i mean its a small discount when you take into account the 2 magic refreshes but wizard++ just seems kinda lacking in value after the initial purchase considering its supposed to be around 400 a level by default

#3 cardoril, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  4. NateDowgg33

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐

Ratings:
    +2
    +1 im gonna have to agree with cardoril on this but even more possibly being everyone wants lvl 3. maybe make it a "compressed" feature like compressed cobblestone in some modpacks. so 9 to make the next tier. this would cancel out the ability to horde the magic 3 market but also give the opportunity to get rid of your old tier 1/ tier two tools and still have people want to buy God drops

5. Flamingforce

Flamingforce President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +115
    Its a cool idea but I think its unlikely to be implemented for a few reasons:

1. It circumvents /magic and I'm sure most of those players do not want to lose their monthly sales.
    2. The use of the /magic system limits the amount of tool upgrades happening at any given time, whereas here someone could buy god drops at a good price and then combine all their tools on one of these anvils and end up with lots of powerful tools quickly. Maybe that's not a problem but it would be another factor that would be challenging to manage and balance.
    3. Economically, this is only feasible for lower level tools in most cases. Why would I combine 2 L2 rods (worth ~1.8m each, total value of ~3.6m) to get 1 L3 rod (total value of ~2.5m) when I could just spend 700k on each and get 2 L3 rods?
    4. If the magic anvil is an item with a custom interface/function and not just some command, that adds to the development time and effort to implement and bug test.

Overall I think its a neat idea and I wouldn't mind having it as an option, but I certainly wouldn't want to buy this feature since it only is economical for L1s to L2s in most cases. I also think that most people with /magic would be livid if there was a cheaper workaround, and their thoughts certainly matter more than mine in this situation. Considering that wizard is (if I'm not mistaken) the most expensive feature on the server, I think they deserve to not have their investment in the /magic system be tarnished.

Thank you for suggesting it though and I'm looking forward to seeing what other people think about the idea!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #5 Flamingforce, Dec 1, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  6. Matt_Mack

Matt_Mack President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +7
    I agree that it would be cool to be able to do this, however I don't see the point in it unless a user has a ton of L1 or L2 tools. It would be way cheaper to just buy the tool outright rather than buy multiple just to upgrade it.

7. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +575
  8. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    +1
    Maybe add it to the wizard feature? maybe with a cooldown period of 12 or 24 hours?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    -1 magic tools should not be given any buffs whatsoever.

10. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    How is this a buff? This is an attempt to reduce the amount of tools we have currently sitting around

11. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    -1 while it is a neat idea and one I would agree with, when thinking about it deeper, a lot of the people who could afford to get one/be lucky enough to get one most likely have at least the base Wizard feature.

And before someone says something, I actually disagree with the initial statement made about how it would impact the wizard feature. Those who sell /magic usually do it because they don’t have tools to upgrade or choose not to upgrade their tools that could.

And at the end of the day, it won’t take tools out of the market, just give those very few who have a surplus of tools a bigger advantage. And in addition, if this gets accepted, it would have a reverse effect of taking tools out of the market as multiple tools owned by one person & not in use is not only less than a bigger demand for people to buy, but also gives stronger tools to more people & can generate stronger tools faster. Magic is supposed to not be widespread or obtained quickly. That’s one of the issues that killed the last main server’s economy.

Also want to point out too that the only real good money making magic tools cost more than what /magic is selling for these days, so people won’t get rid of those tools for this suggestion. This will really only get rid of the shittier magic tools & essentially solve nothing (except, as I mentioned earlier, give an advantage to those who have a large stockpile of tools that aren’t even in circulation to begin with).

So TL;DR, this suggestion will have a backfire effect of making tools that are not in use enter the market because the owner owns said tool already or has a stockpile of them benefit with their own better tools or allow them to actually sell said tools & introduce them to more widespread players.

The only way I can agree with this suggestion as it stands if it Wizard+ is changed to not have that second /magic each month, but instead has this function with a 30 day cool down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thonk Thonk x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #11 Jdawger, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  12. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +575
    im not quite sure you understood the suggestion? no tools are getting buffed?

13. OConner1279

OConner1279 President

Ratings:
    +626
    The "magic anvil" will only be used by people when it is economically profitable for them to do so. If it is not economically viable, they won't use it.
    Therefore adding the magic anvil can only benefit users of magic tools by allowing those users to get more value out of those tools, which is a buff.

14. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    I agree with this. The only people who would benefit from this is those who have a surplus of magic tools so they can get stronger tools from their stockpile of unsold & unused, not-in-circulation items, or create a larger demand for said unused tools. At the end of the day, the only tools that would come out of the market are those owned by a select few who stockpiled them (or at least benefit them heavily), not those who have a few tools and want to upgrade.

And I agree this doesn't seem economically viable. One used item and three unused items is better for the economy than one used L3 item. And three unused items and one L3 item is still better than one L3 item from this suggestion because it takes two /magic's out of the market.

#14 Jdawger, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  15. communism1

communism1 Kingfish
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    +1 it just makes sense.

16. KG4Life223

KG4Life223 Big Baller Brand Representative
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +77
    @Jdawger and @OConner1279

I appreciate these opinions. However, what is stopping someone who has a "surplus" of magic tools from just buying multiple /magic from those who are selling? That would just over-inflate the L3 tool market not fixing any of the problems outlined in the original suggestion. Yes, this suggestion would create more L3 tools, however would greatly reduce the L1 market in turn making magic items more scarce, correcting decently large problems facing ECC.

As for people selling /magic --- People will not pay 1.4m to upgrade their L1 Xbow to L3 with the market being as low as it is now; seeming an L3 crossbow is only worth roughly 1m. This feature will not affect the /magic market as much as you think it will, and there is potential to actually positively affect it with people being willing to pay the 700k if they have an L2.

I agree adding this to the Wizard+ or Wizard++ feature would be a decent idea.

17. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,319
    Because there is only a select amount of people who even sell /magic. Plus, people buying /magic's takes X amount of /Magic’s out of the market.

Like I said earlier, if someone owns four of the same L1 tools, then three of them are basically out of the market since only one can be used at a time per player. Per this suggestion, four L1 tools would equal one L3 tool. If you can only use one tool regardless of level, then one L3 tool does not equal four L1 tools in terms of actually using the tool(s).

In my opinion, I rather have more L1 tools out there across more players than more L3 tools across a select number of people, especially when those L1 tools are usually the bottom-tier magic tools.

If we want to try to get rid of the surplus of unused tools, I would rather do something similar to /spawnertrade confirm where you trade 5 Magic tools/items to get a god drop key for said tools rather than a direct upgrade path. That way it’s still a smaller chance to get a better tool (and better yet, could burn 4 tools out).

It gets rid of these tools, like you are stating you are making this suggestion for, while not inherently giving those with a surplus of tools a distinct advantage.

Oh yes it will. The /magic prices have already gone down another 50k within a few days and continues to go down (dropped at least 300k since the reset). The problem isn’t that this will make the magic market plummet because those selling will make less money, it’s that the price of /magic should not continue to drop further because /magic is an OP service that at least regulates the amount of high-tiered tools out there. If sellers cannot sell their /magic, then it’s not like they can save it & sell two next month. If it drops further, then even the poorer could buy them for cheap.

I think you misread what I said. My counter is not an addition, but a change. Currently Wizard+ users get two Magic’s every 30 days (one on m and one on mn). My counter-suggestion was to make Wizard+ have one /magic per month in addition to this suggestion of using two of the same tools to get an upgraded one every 30 days. It has the possibility to remove tools, but doesn't give any one-sided advantages (but those with Wizard+ would defiantly not be on board with this change, I can tell you that)

If it just added to Wizard+ or ++, then I disagree with that more than this suggestion as it stands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #17 Jdawger, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  18. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,517
    -1 stupid suggestion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  19. OConner1279

OConner1279 President

Ratings:
    +626
    I agree that people can do other things with magic tools right now, and that what people are doing right now is a problem. That's why I don't like magic tools.

#19 OConner1279, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  20. oxwood2

oxwood2 Builder
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,684
    -1 silly suggestion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.