Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] /lock for anvil and brewing stands

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Aug 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,355
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    /lock for anvil and brewing stands
    What are you suggesting:
    Have the ability to lock anvils and brewing stands
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    In the past, we were able to do this. I don't know if there is a specific reason why we can't anymore, but having the ability to lock these things was a rather big deal in my opinion. Specifically at anvils, it is very annoying that I would place an anvil down (whether it was for actual anvil use or for decoration) only to come back to it later and see it was chipped or gone (because someone used it all the way), especially now that all players can use anvils. Locking anvils specifically can help preserve them for use by the lock's owner, especially when they cost 31 iron ingots to create one new one.

Brewing stands were just another item that used to be lockable that I discovered we can't lock anymore.
    Other information:
    I searched the forums for a past suggestion before posting this, and asked players/staff if there was a specific reason why these cannot be locked anymore that I just forgot about. I found no info from both inquiries. Again, if there is a specific reason why we can't lock these anymore, it is not public and I found no reason why they shouldn't.

And I am aware you can just place a sign on the anvil or change the "use" flag in a town to essentially lock it, but that can only go so far; it also changes some pretty major aspects and have some "negative aspects" from both those methods that could be solved if we could just directly lock these items.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    LWC
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 Jdawger, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Added Anvils.
    Can't add brewing stands as it's not supported by LWC.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.