Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Investigator ++

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Johndomx, Jan 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +60
    In Game Name:
    Johndom
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Investigator ++
    What are you suggesting:
    I completely respect and understand this would be a Mod/SuperMod permission, but the chance to use /lb rollback at a serious cost increase (discretion of Andrew) in towns only owned by the player by up to a maximum of 1- 3 days and limited use of the feature in any given 24 hour period.

Even if need be, a forum application/ Pm for this feature to keep track of users wanting to obtain such a powerful permission within the investigator feature (if possible) but to my understanding, commands are also logged with the investigator feature.

This feature would only be accessible in towns only owned by the player.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    This would be a good addition to the server as it not only provides another option for investigator, but it provides another income option for the ecc shop for a substantial amount.

It also takes some strain from the town owner, having more control over their town by not having to create and wait for rollbacks to happen. Which more could possibly happen elsewhere at the time of waiting for the application , but also takes some strain off the ECC staff as they have no doubt more important issues at hand rather than looking up grief reports and roll backs.

This also can be a feature that the player can charge a significant amount in game if a member in the town requires it.
    Other information:
    At complete discretion of Andrew of how many days permissible for the user to roll back to within the town already owned by them.

A serious cost increase for the feature to be bought, making it deter any future investigator abuse which is logged.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Potato Potato x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    Players are absolutely never going to get lb rollback.

P.S.

Ever.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. a_man21

a_man21 a_manda
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,311
    Strongly against this for several reasons -

First, I don't think its really even necessary, the users who would buy a high value feature like the one you are suggesting would likely have already purchased towncontrol and have set up plots for their town, which would mean there is a very small chance of them having a grief bad enough to rollback. The number of grief reports filed has already dropped quite a bit now that towncontrol is a thing, let alone griefs that are bad enough for a rollback.

Even ignoring that, basically what Nicit said, you are suggesting that we allow players to spawn back in a very large number of blocks with a single command, with little to no oversight from staff . I don't think I really need to go into any detail to show why that's a bad idea.

This is how grief reports and rollbacks currently work, someone files an application, the grief is investigated, and the Server Admins roll it back if the grief is deemed to be severe enough.

#3 a_man21, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  4. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    I totally understand why, for absolute no chance of abuse and its the staffs job.

My only valid reasons where a substantial purchase amount - like the price of Wizard, to deter any person obtaining easily and its only within the town they own, very limited use daily ( amount of blocks to rollback limited)- which is giving more control of their own town which I can't see how that can be abused unless they roll back other players efforts for no apparent reason. This can easily be reported on forums as commands are logged to my understanding.

I totally respect the reasons as to why, was just a suggestion however.

Thank you

#4 Johndomx, Jan 5, 2021
  5. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    I cannot imagine why this is necessary or beneficial to the server. Selling SA level perms for cash is not a good idea...

6. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    Wait! Lemme use my alt to destroy hundreds of emerald blocks so I can get rollback and double my amount.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  7. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    Forgot about town control feature if I'm honest but abuse of the feature can be checked anyways ?

Id be very surprised if someone would take the chance to roll back a limited amount of blocks and daily use of it, for the risk of being banned.

"Let me spend a few hundred on a feature to abuse it for a few blocks per day"

But hay, if you think people will, fair enough.

We already have access to /lb and a lot of its features, at a cost anyways.

So to have a very limited use of another part of the permission, was the reason why I made the suggestion.

#7 Johndomx, Jan 5, 2021
  8. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,354
    As a past SMod, getting unbanned for griefing is very easy, esp if it’s your first time doing it. It just takes once for it to be a duping method.

Unless we make people who grief permabanned or an account wipe (which is ridiculous since about half of them can be classified as accidental or remorse from being young), this is not gonna happen.

9. Johndomx

Johndomx Mayor

Ratings:
    +60
    The person with the feature shouldn't be unbanned so easily though as they are the ones initiating the idea in the first instance.

Could list people with the new feature addition- check logs- recent commands etc.

Admins could also possibly check who has the permission, or maybe a list added to whoever buys the permission ?

But that could be checked as I doubt many could afford it, unless they are super rich in game or in real life.

It would require a lot of time to obtain (in game currency) or a lot of money irl

Either way, limited use and recorded anyways by Admins,

Honestly don't feel that someone willing to donate that much for an additional feature would be willing to abuse it if they could ( i certainly wouldn't pay $500 real money (for example if that was the price) to try abuse it, risking being permabanned)

Just thought it would be easier on the person who gets the possible new feature wanting to run their own town with more control over it, less grief reports to do etc

But as I said, I forgot about town control, I totally get why no one agrees though with the idea

But thank you all for the feedback

Totally understand.

Much love - Johndom

(Stupid post by me and shouldn't have in the first place I feel )

#9 Johndomx, Jan 5, 2021
  10. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    This won't ever happen for administrative reasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.