Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Inventory Efficiency with Shulker Boxes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by creepcreepcreep, Nov 19, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creepcreepcreep

creepcreepcreep President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    In Game Name:
    creepcreepcreep
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Inventory Efficiency with Shulker Boxes
    What are you suggesting:
    Can we make a special shulker box that holds our ever growing collection of boosted items and allows the boosted items to function even while tucked away?
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Sellable Feature: More income is always good for ECC. Players with multiple boosted items would be more than willing to buy the official ECC Boosted item carrier.

Inventory Liberation: By utilizing these shulkers, players can expand their collections without compromising inventory space.

Renting Power: This is great for those wanting to profit from renting out complete sets of boosted items. Rentals and returns would safer and easier with less handling of each individual boost item. Simply rent the box full and have it returned.
    Other information:
    Edited for clarity.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Custom addition. Coding already exists within the Minecraft Slimefun plugin that lets items (Talismans) in your enderchest work this way. This coding could possibly be replicated or tweaked.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 creepcreepcreep, Nov 19, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  2. taddortot

taddortot EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +34
    -1 with PVs and TBs already existing I dont much see the need for expanded inventory. I think the current boosted system works well and doesnt need to be messed with until there is an obvious issue. Also Id highly suggest making these suggestions more focused on the actual change and less so on the story telling. tyvm <3

#2 taddortot, Nov 19, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  3. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,518
    I believe this suggestion is stating that he wants there to be a boosted shulker box which allows you to add other boosted items into it and they function normally as if they were in your inventory. (with the shulker box in your inventory). Essentially this is to free up space in your inventory when using multiple magic items at once.

This could be a cool function, but is it really needed? who knows. I dont mind seeing it be implemented, but I also dont mind not seeing it implemented. so +0 ( i mainly wanted to explain what I believe this suggestion is saying since its worded so weirdly)

Example: I have a boosted shulker in my inventory. It holds a boosted diamond, redstone, and coal. the diamond, redstone and coal would all function normally as if they were all in my inventory, but they only take up one inventory space since all in the shulker box.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. creepcreepcreep

creepcreepcreep President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +24
    TLDR: Special shulkers (not necessarily boosted) that hold your boosted items and allow their boosted perks to work while the shulker is in your inventory.

Example: Instead of taking up 5 slots with 5 boosted items, place them in the special shulker, place the shulker in your inventory you get the benefits of all the boosted items and it only uses 1 inventory slot.

Apologies: AI rewrote my idea and it came out so good I couldn’t NOT post it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #4 creepcreepcreep, Nov 19, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2023
  5. TheSavageBull

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +38
    +1 Based on Bobby's interpretation of the idea. As a person with quite a few boosted items, it would be nice if I could have an inventory worth of boosted effects without taking up my entire inventory. This would simultaneously save users with many boosted items both time and space.

6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    The idea is good but I'm going to be honest - you buried it so deep in AI garbage that your suggestion is hardly readable.

7. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    -1 simply for making me read that

+0 because as bobby said, would be nice but also doesnt really need to be added

8. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Dear creepcreepcreep,

I hope this message finds you well. We would like to address a recent suggestion that has been brought to our attention regarding the functionality of boosted items within EcoCityCraft, specifically in relation to Shulker Boxes and player inventories. In response to this valuable input from the EcoCityCraft community, we have carefully evaluated the technical aspects involved and would like to provide a detailed response.

The suggestion proposed the implementation of a feature that allows boosted items to retain their effects while placed inside Shulker Boxes or kept within a player's inventory. To achieve this, we need to consider several key technical elements:

Item Attributes: In EcoCityCraft, certain items possess attributes that provide various effects or boosts to players when held or equipped. These attributes include but are not limited to speed, strength, regeneration, and more. Enchantments, potions, and other gameplay mechanics may also influence these attributes.

Entity and Block Interactions: Shulker Boxes are entities in the game that serve as containers. They have unique characteristics, including the ability to retain their inventory when broken and picked up. Items inside Shulker Boxes are typically not in the player's "active" inventory and do not contribute to the player's current state.

Inventory Mechanics: The player's inventory is a fundamental aspect of the game, where items are stored and can influence the player's attributes and abilities. Boosted items currently only affect the player while they are in the player's hotbar or held in the main hand. They do not apply their effects when stored within the inventory or Shulker Boxes.

In response to the suggestion, here are the considerations and potential technical solutions:

a. Boosted Item Persistence: To allow boosted items to work while inside Shulker Boxes or the player's inventory, we would need to modify the game's mechanics. This would involve adjusting how item attributes are calculated and applied, taking into account the player's active inventory as well as items stored within Shulker Boxes.

b. Balance and Gameplay: Any changes made to item functionality must be carefully balanced to ensure that gameplay remains fair and enjoyable. We would need to consider potential implications on game balance, especially in multiplayer scenarios and during combat situations.

c. Code Implementation: Implementing this feature would require extensive changes to the game's codebase. We would need to create a system that tracks and applies item attributes across different inventory contexts, such as Shulker Boxes and player inventories.

d. Compatibility: Compatibility with mods and third-party plugins is a crucial aspect to consider. Changes to EcoCityCraft's core functionality can impact the broader EcoCityCraft community, and we need to ensure that the suggested feature works harmoniously with existing and future modifications.

In conclusion, while the suggestion to allow boosted items to work within Shulker Boxes and inventories is intriguing and could enhance gameplay, it is a complex technical undertaking. We appreciate the input from the EcoCityCraft community and will take it into consideration as we continue to develop and improve the game.

We would like to encourage further discussion and feedback on this proposal from both players and developers to ensure that any potential changes align with the broader EcoCityCraft ecosystem. Your insights and perspectives are invaluable to us as we strive to provide the best possible gaming experience.

Thank you for your continued support and engagement with EcoCityCraft. We look forward to working together to make EcoCityCraft an even more immersive and enjoyable experience for all players.

Sincerely,

andrewkm, founder, EcoCityCraft Development Team

Using AI to write suggestions, will receive an AI response.
    PS: We won't be adding this, it's not worth the development time to be honest, unless there was seriously high demand for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #8 andrewkm, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.