Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Increase town size max area

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Oct 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Increase town size max area
    What are you suggesting:
    When placing a town, change the max size from 200x200 to 250x250
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Going to be honest, dramatically increasing the price for towns has me, a town builder, very sad and upset. If we aren’t going to decrease the rank/town prices due to the economy, then the next logical thing is to give them more benefits. Changing the max area you can create a protected town to 250x250 (just 250 extra protected flat area) would dampen the absurd town prices these days and maybe salvage the already dying town builders of ECC.
    Other information:
    Initially was going to suggest 300x300 being the max, but 250x250 is significant enough.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433

Users don't just use towns for building; they also use them for things like shops. The profit they make from owning a shop far outweighs the marginal cost of owning another town.

Issues also arise when you consider that people who already own 200x200's will, let's face it, be unhappy and demand a town expansion.

An increase in town cost also isn't just to make it harder for builders to build, but it's also to keep some land available for future towns.

Additionally, every other rank price was increased as well, and they don't receive any new benefits; I can't quite envision special treatment being given to just one rank.

At the same time, I can understand the frustration behind increasing all applications and not getting very much in return. I just think that there is a better, different way of handling this change, rather than increasing town size.

3. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    What is it?

4. Jdawger

ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    If you have a better idea, suggest it. People can still make 200x200 towns if they so choose, but when the second town is a little over 1mil & additional towns after 7 are 3mil a piece, towns should be buffed a bit. Yes, people use them for shops & farms, but efficient people build them higher & not farther (most shops I've seen are usually 1-2 towns big already). The ones who really need the additional towns are those who like to build

5. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,517
    why should towns be buffed? Money making methods have raised quite a bit, and additional town costs havent.
    3mil per town really is not much in today's economy. the cost b4hand was 1mil per town, which was insanely low compared to what you can make nowadays.

#5 BobbyBlack, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  6. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433
    The answer to this seems like it would need its own suggestion thread; my opinion is that I am not in support of such an idea.

Just spitballing some ideas here without going through the suggestion process:
    - If there is a 250x250 town size availability, make it a President+ kind of deal with a special monetary fee plus nether stars to be paid upfront, similar to what we have in place for "unclaimable towns".
    - Simply reduce application prices for President+ ranked players looking for an additional town, whether it's to its original price or only marginally more expensive.
    - The less likely of these is providing discounts / stipends to towns that can prove they are actively helping new users acclimate to our server environment, whether it's by the number of plots assigned in their town, or by a vote of active players.

#6 RealRichNixon, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  7. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,319
    3mil for a town after #7 might not seem that bad for 15-20% of the active playerbase (being generous with that amount), but for those who don't want to partake in p2w will really struggle w/o magic tools. I'm confident players won't rent out their magic tools to newer players/those without specific features. I'm not saying that we should lower rankup prices, but just make it where there is a little more benefit.

I say this as one of the few remaining dedicated builders of ECC & someone who has donated thousands to ECC. In all honesty, ECC has a bit of an identity problem now that the economy has tanked; although we are an economy server, we really aren't anything else besides that. Building & town creations was usually our secondary (which was what made me stay tbh). If a new player were to join ECC (one that is more or less a builder), I'm sure they'd be overwhelmed & quickly give up if they don't go the route of p2w. Making it where players can have a little more land for the rankup seems like a good compromise for the overwhelming prices for new players.

And for the decreasing land, not only do we have MN, but maybe (if it is possible with our hardware) we can possibly extend the worldboarders by 5k in each direction.

Bottom line, economy is still fucked, and a change is necessary rn, but there has to be some compromise that won't screw it up more without fucking over newer players

#7 Jdawger, Oct 10, 2023
  8. Mochocrap

Mochocrap Lannister
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +779
    Had me thinking about just expanding a town rather than buying another town. The option to expand Farmville rather than create another town called Farmville2. Just a thought.

9. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,517
    I think you are bringing up a different problem on ecc. Yes the server is pay2win. Yes if you use magic tools you make more money than if you dont. That was the same for if you used max tools instead of a star tool. You have ALWAYS had an advantage on ecc if you spend money. But what does this have to do with town cost increasing? I think its quite simple. How much were you able to make ecd wise back when town costs increased to 1mil per town? And how much can you make now? Economy inflates? So should rank prices right?

My personal opinion is the server is an economy server. You gotta make money to enjoy the other aspects of the server. Want to build insanely huge builds that require more than 7 towns? Go for it, but it will cost you ecd. Why? Because this is an economy server... you do have to work for things if you want them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #9 BobbyBlack, Oct 10, 2023
  10. Jacob43365

Jacob43365 EcoLeader
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

EcoDollars:
    $4,000,000
    Ratings:
    +495
    I agree that the increased prices are too much. I don't want to farm for days or drop tons of money to fund more towns for my nation, because the main reason I enjoy playing ECC is the building towns aspect. I don't think towns really need to be increased in size though, but I think the prices need to be reduced a bit or have some sort of discount system. There's plenty of space on the map for more towns, and people should have incentives to make more and actually develop them.

11. Jdawger

Ratings:
    +3,319
    Except the rate of current max tools versus magic tools is astronomical compared to old max tools and star tools. I'm not suggesting lowering the rankup prices, but just give towns a smaller boost. Increased rankups distanced the newer players even more, so a slight increase in town max size might give some incentive

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    We will not be expanding the max town size, nor will we be allowing town resizing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.