Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Expandable or renameable towns

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by keseyj96, Aug 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keseyj96

keseyj96 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +0
    In Game Name:
    keseyj96
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Expandable or renameable towns
    What are you suggesting:
    I was chatting with the moderators today about the towny, and it came up that it is not possible to expand a town beyond the initial 200x200 allotment. They said this was a size-able amount of blocks, implying an expansion would not be necessary. However, I am an avid builder and have mayored towns that expanded past 200x200 before. I would image others have as well. They said you could found a new town next to the existing town, but this really is not the same as knowing youre still in the same town. My suggestion is to do the following:

Make it possible to buy extra land within a town government system, so that a town can expand beyond 200x200.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    People like to know their "empire" can expand. Its nice being able to found unlimited towns, but i prefer building each town in its own theme and some larger than others. I plan to create a nation one day and could see myself wanting the capitol if you will to be larger than other regions, all keeping the same theme of course. if it is a problem to allow town expansion because of player number/town limits perhaps create a cap on players in the towns but not land area? id love to be able to include some wonders in some of my towns, for example, but that would not be possible without putting it under a new legal district in the current system.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    Hell no -1

3. zwunder

zwunder Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoMaster ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +181
    We dont use towny, and with our town system this is simply not possible. -1
    if you want more space, just place more towns together. a great example is /warp america on main north which uses 16 towns to make one large city.

#3 zwunder, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  4. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    -1 I've just built multiple towns around my original town if I needed more space.

5. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    Didn't read the post. Based on the title here is what I see.
    To resize a town with our plugin you have to destroy it reselect and create and readd everyone. I can do that with about 1hrs work, but I have special tools, and that's not even accounting for plots...that could take upwards of a day to get right.
    I would never ask any admin to devote that much time using my system let alone gawd knows how long with what they have to resize on a whim.

All of that is the same for renaming.

I would love to be able to do it, but I have to.

6. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    This is not possible. You are free to place new towns right next to your old one's under the current system, anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.