Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Excavation mcMMO Alt. Change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jdawger, Jul 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In Game Name:
    Jdawger
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Excavation mcMMO Alt. Change
    What are you suggesting:
    Removing the two music discs from mcMMO Excavation treasures and replace them with quartz (items, not blocks or ores)
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    (Quick note: there is a TL;DR at the end which would sum up these paragraphs of research)

iirc, quartz was originally in the drop table, but was removed for reasons that I do not know (I have hypothesis’s, but I don’t actually know why). Quartz really isn’t that much of an economy busting item since it’s /sell value is extremely cheap (it’s value comes from demand, which fluctuates constantly) and is not used for any prestiges; it’s pretty much an item that is more valuable for building than selling.

Now, if this was added, how will this impact the economy? Well, let’s start by analyzing some data with excavation and current music discs:

@Pab_Jr did some excavation work on the past suggestion and came up with this conclusion:
    “In less than 1 minute, with Excavation level 460, I got 5 music discs. Just multiply that by 60 at that level you are at 300 music discs.” Substitute this with quartz, we are looking at 300 pieces of quartz, or 75 blocks.

While this is data, I believe he got lucky with the amount of music discs obtained and used that to fuel the math (I love you Pab, but I did some more extended research).

I have an excavation level of 1200+ and used an Eff10 shovel. Recently, I have spent literal hours excavating dirt and grass for one of my major projects, and while there were times I was getting double digits of music discs in minutes, after multiple hours, I didn’t get even close to 300; if I am being generous, I probably got 150 discs after 3 hours of actual dirt excavation (and I will remind everyone that my excavation level is more than triple the previous data’s level).

So what does this mean regarding quartz? Well, if we substitute the two music discs for quartz gems, we are looking at no more than a stack of quartz blocks per couple of hours. For comparison, one can probably get a single chest of quartz blocks quartz ore mining in the nether in that amount of time, and substantially more if they don’t silk the ore to mine it in the mining world for exp.

I will also add here that to even get to the level of the treasure rank that you will start seeing music discs (or quartz based off this suggestion), you need hundreds of levels in that mcMMO class, which is already a lot of hours (if not days) of straight excavation work (and longer without the boosters from buycraft)

TL;DR, adding quartz to the excavation drop would be better than music discs since quartz is an item that won’t destroy the ECD economy, is much more sought out compared to music discs, and won’t make any of the nether access ranks any less valuable/kill the quartz market (see the comparison of quartz obtained if this suggestion is accepted compared to actually mining it from the nether)
    Other information:
    US2 said in the emerald excavation suggestion that if there is an alternate item to replace it that won’t destroy the economy to suggest it, so here we are.

Also, this would’ve been a better place to place the research, but whatever. All research is above.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 Jdawger, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    @Jdawger It was rough Research as I currently dont have the ability to test it for say an hour, (plus i hate excavating :p). However do believe I can get in the 150-200 range within an hour altho would be far easier to have a true value if they just stacked instead of taking up a whole slot for one lol.

Anyways, I can get behind this more than I can emeralds, but honestly the thing I enjoy about Emeralds and even quartz (yes the quartz pieces have a /worth) that the player economy dominates them, it isnt worthwhile to grind them for a /sell price, however their market value is so high because they are rare. I believe if you replace the music discs it should be something that is more common of an item, be it any other ore (idk maybe even coal tbh)

Im not a +1 or -1 on this as its a better solution but am more in the direction of a -1 on this myself.

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    All good my dude. I mostly “called you out” so people won’t take that data as absolute. I totally appreciate the data :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. David_Torento

David_Torento ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +422
    I’m on board with this, but have a table of like quartz pieces and coal so it isn’t just quartz everytime. Anything is better than the music discs.

5. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    I would propose iron and/or gold nuggets. They stack, have a value, but will be tough to break the economy with in any significant way.

+/- meh

6. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433
    Gold nuggets, iron nuggets, or quartz would all be ideal replacements. Literally anything instead of the worthless, non-stackable music discs would be an improvement in my opinion. +1

7. TaylorBros22

TaylorBros22 ***Ex-EcoLegend***
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    +1 to changing it to something that isn't music discs that have no worth, don't stack and make your inventory a mess.

Iron nuggets, gold nuggets, quartz or coal would be good replacements.

8. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    +1 for coal + quartz instead

9. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Coal and redstone will replace both music discs after next maintenance.

10. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    This is now live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.