Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Chest shop quantity color based on how much is in the chest

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alcro_, Feb 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcro_

Alcro_ President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Resident ⚒️

Ratings:
    +14
    In Game Name:
    alcro1998
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Chest shop color based on quantity
    What are you suggesting:
    I have 72 chest shops that are buying bulk of an item. I find it very annoying scanning all the chests to see where people have sold me their items.

I think it would be advantageous if chest shops changed the color of quantity based of how much is in the shop.

It could be very simple. Here is a basic example for a double chest sell shop like Blaz sets up.

Quantity 0 in chest RED
    Quantity 1-3455 in chest ORANGE
    Quantity 3456 in chest GREEN

It would be nice when buying and selling items to be able to tell if a shop is full. This would also help in places like Blaz's shop so you can tell when they have filled up on an item.

Not sure if this has been suggested before. Maybe this is a thing on other servers but I have not played on a MC server in years.

Thanks!
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Makes buying and selling to shops easier.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Alcro_

Alcro_ President

Ratings:
    +14
    I did not make this clear in the suggestion but I think only the color of the quantity number should change not the color of the whole sign.

3. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,270
    -1 while I can see it being annoying, the change you suggested, in my opinion, doesn’t seem like it would make such a large enough difference to make a total plug-in coding change like this, especially when commands like /csn history (I think that’s the correct command) tells exactly which chestshop had stuff bought from and the coords, as well as the date/time they were bought. In my opinion, making colored numbers to indicate when a chest is getting low would only save maybe a minute or two from people who have a lot of chest shops, which, as I mentioned, doesn’t seem like it would be a big enough impact to warrant dozens of hours at least of code/plug-in changes.

And that’s not including the question of “what amount constitutes each color? Would it be customizable per player or set? (Which if it is a customizable number per chest/player would 110% not be worth the change)”

#3 Jdawger, Feb 14, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  4. Alcro_

Alcro_ President

Ratings:
    +14
    If it does take dozens of hours then it is not worth it. Maybe keep it even as simple as just having the quantity of the shop a different color or having the plugin recognize color codes.

#4 Alcro_, Feb 14, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  5. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    +0

I have over 6000 chestshops so I feel your pain, but yeah I don't think the coding for this would be worth the effort just for a handful of people (if that) to save a little bit of time :(

Idea is cool af though :p

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    We do not control the ChestShop plugin and will not be taking over it (forking it) for custom changes any time soon, if ever. At this time, this is not possible with the ChestShop plugin itself. (Unless of course we forked it, which as stated we will not be doing.)

I've posted your request here however:
    https://github.com/ChestShop-authors/ChestShop-3/issues/508

#6 andrewkm, Mar 7, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.