Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Changes to Town Relocation Application

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OlympiansAreGods, May 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    In Game Name:
    OlympiansAreGods
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Changes to Town Relocation Application
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that changes be made to Town Relocation Apps. Currently, they cost 150,000 ECD and you can only move 100 blocks from the original placement, with you needing consent if a town is 15 blocks near the new placement.

I suggest that the following changes be made to not only increase how many people use them but to also make them more useful.

1. Allow for a town to be relocated anywhere on the same server as the original placement.

2. Make it an implied or explicit rule that trolling with this application will not be tolerated and could result in punishment.

3. Increase the cost of the application to 200,000 - 250,000 ECD.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I will give reasoning for each numbered point:

1. Currently, 100 blocks is not far enough for most players, a user who needs/wants to move their town isn't going to get much satisfaction through moving it 100 blocks, and in many situations Player B could have placed their town next to Player A's which stops them from moving it in the direction they want. Allowing same map relocation would allow for users to have more freedom and practicality in using this application.

2. Due to trolls being ... trolls, this beneficial suggestion being approved could lead to well, trolling and harassment in very rare circumstances, so by making this a rule or apart of the current rules, it would prohibit situations from arising, and in the rare case it did - I know the higher administration are amazing people with the skills to issue punishment.

3. 150,000 ECD would be too low for this slightly increased amount of work that it would place on the staff members dealing with this application, so by increasing the cost to 200k-250k, it would not only be an incentive for users to not buy Resident's towns, but to buy existing towns and using method to form whatever they want, as well as it would be a money dump that the server so very needs more of with the current rate of wealth on the server as in my opinion, it would lead to more people using these applications.
    Other information:
    I hope this is genuinely thought about as it could be a positive application change, without too much effort needed to change! :)
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #1 OlympiansAreGods, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Ladyvamptress

Ladyvamptress Bloodlust Ex-EcoLegend
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Ok, so... first off... "Town Move costs $150,000 EcoDollars." I too thought it was currently $100k for 100 blocks, but it's apparently not... it's $150k for a 100 block move.

Points I like about this suggestion...
    It would be really convenient to apply for a 250 block move without putting in 3 separate apps and then waiting for all 3 to take place. Just seems better to make it all 1 app, but you can enter the amount of blocks you need the town moved.

Everything else looks like it's covered, the rules even state you can't move your town for malicious reasons, so it does fall under your troll stopping point.

Now let's talk about pricing. To make it a bit more easier on the applicant and staff member... it's a fair idea to set the pricing at something easy to calculate. Something like $1k per block moved. So if you would like to move your town 50 blocks, it's $50k, 100 blocks is $100k, 250 blocks $250k, etc... This is just my thoughts. Use them for the suggestion or don't. Doesn't matter to me the pricing, I'm more onboard with the fact that it should be 1 application for a move over 100 blocks.

4. Pixel75

Pixel75 Lucky EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +435
    I feel like this price is too low for the amount of work that is needed to move a town currently. I just had a town moved the other day, and the staff member who did it had to do many things to make sure it all checked out. I do agree though that it should be a single application if it's over 100 blocks.

#4 Pixel75, May 29, 2020
  5. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    Probably so, but I equally think having one set price for moves which have the amount of blocks differ isn't fair. Example, let's say the price is set at $250k for a move and you can now chose any number of blocks to move the town.... it's not fair for someone moving their town 20 blocks to pay $250k while someone else moving their town 500 blocks pays the same $250k. The blocks will fluctuate in amounts, the price should match that, while still being easy for the applicant and staff to calculate the price. $1k just seemed like an easy number for calculating, if $1k is too low, do $2k or $5k per block. Doesn't matter to me the price. :p

#5 Ladyvamptress, May 29, 2020
  6. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Having done a number of these before:
    - trolling is already explicitly against the rules so no changes are needed

- tbh there's no real difference in the process whether moving the town 10 blocks or 10,000

- price bump for a more useful application seems reasonable

7. LaggyTryHard

LaggyTryHard ♛Exalted Builder♛
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +964
    Actually, based off Nicit's reply, its going to be completely fair to charge the same amount regardless of the distance

8. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    As one of the people who would be doing the app, I Agree it isn't any extra work, however, just like with town portals, I do think it should be upped in price since it is upping its usefulness. Pricing isn't just about the work put on the staff but also the value the player gets out of doing it. More money charged means more money out of the economy which is always positive.

That being said, I vehemently oppose doing 1k per block moved. It would be better to do a set price of say 250k for moving it any amount of space. OR you could do a price range. ie: 150k for any moves 100 blocks or less and 200k for 100-200 blocks and 250k for anything over 200 blocks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #8 Revanrose6, May 29, 2020
  9. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,271
    In my opinion, it should stay the same price if it is a short distance. I know I messed up town placements for my larger builds before, so it would suck if people need to pay a quarter of a million just to move it a few blocks. I do agree that if you move it more than 100 blocks, it should be a higher price.

If I were to make a suggestion, make it 150k for 50 blocks or less, 200k for 51-150 blocks, and 250k for 150+ blocks

10. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    +1 Really good idea. I agree with having it be a set price for an amount of blocks moved, especially with what prices Revan is proposing.

11. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    I'm against a scaling price based off of distance because I think it's just confusing, and while questions can be answered about it it's easier to avoid it for a flat fee.

For instance if I move my town 90 blocks east and 120 blocks north - did I move my town 150 blocks (and expect players to do the Pythagorean math there)?

+1 to changes for a flat fee (which can be above the current price)
    -1 to tiered pricing based on distance

12. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    -1 to the suggestion for linear scaled pricing. At distances further than 500 blocks it would be completely useless because an additional town would be cheaper.

I like what revanrose is saying, but I also think that there should be a relatively cheaper (like 75,000-100,000$) cost for very small movements.

13. Ladyvamptress

Ratings:
    +3,184
    This I can get onboard with. It's the closest thing to what I feel like is a more fair system.

14. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,755
    I like this idea a lot.

15. Cyronex_

Cyronex_ President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +13
    I feel as if a price pump is of course needed, to how much i am not sure yet. However, having the price increase as you increase the number of blocks has this app become redundant when moving over thousands of blocks. Having to pay over the cost of a town would make little sense to me, just so you could keep the town name - i would much rather just think of a new name and pay for a new town than pay much more to keep the name essentially.

That being said i do think price ranges could work as long as they're capped below 500k ecd (price of town 7 and above), but as the distance increases the impact the distance has on the cost should be less and less. Imagine drawing a curved graph, starting at (0,0), then slowly plateauing, where the curve become flatter with blocks moved. Just to explain what i mean, if you have $0 and get given $1000, you feel as if you have been given a large amount of money. But if you have $1mil and get given $1000, you don't feel you have made much. Comparing that to blocks moved, moving 1 block to 1000 is a large move, but moving from 9000 to 10,000 doesn't seem as much.

#15 Cyronex_, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
  16. Mission001

Mission001 Ex-EcoLegend HⱻặĐHůƞẗǝɍ
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Every 100 blocks it goes up in price, so isn't that exactly a tiered system based off distance?

You could easily state that when moving a town say NorthWest, You have to count the blocks west, and then the blocks north, the total number of those is the amount of blocks your wanting a move to be.
    No Pythagorean math needed, just keeping it pretty much the same as what it is now, easy to figure out, just merging what would be 2 applications now, one going west and one going north into 1.
    :D

+1 for better tiered prices.

#16 Mission001, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
  17. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    No, it's one system you may have to use multiple times. I've already conceded that it should be changed though.

So we make players to do more work to count in the first place?
    Then make staff do more work to count again?

I just don't see any actual benefit there.

18. Mission001

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Its essentially a tiered system however you wanna explain it isn't. Want to move your two 120 blocks? you pay twice as much, not a flat rate making it some form of tiered system, otherwise you'd pay one fee regardless of how far you move it.

Again, they already do that work in a current move application, they have to check how many blocks they are moving their town over, and again, the staff also count the same blocks, so i'm not sure entirely sure what your saying.

19. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6

Ratings:
    +8,058
    Has it actually been used that way, or are you just being contrary here?

I'm saying there's no benefit to it. That's my entire point. That's why I agree the current limit is silly. That's why I'm opposed to a tier based system. A flat rate maximizes the benefit to players and minimizes the effect on staff. Win-win.

20. Mission001

EcoDollars:
    $495
    Ratings:
    +6,478
    Not being used in that way does not mean it isn't intended to be used that way or shouldn't be up for discussion to be improved or changed.
    The fact if matter, regardless of whether anyone has used it, the town move application makes itself tiered based on the fact it has no limit on how much you want to move a town as long as your willing to pay more money the further distance you move it. And by the definition of tiered financially is,
    used to describe a financial product, interest rate, etc. that has two or more possible levels
    I would say that describes how the town move system here on ecc operates, so no I'm not being opposite, I'm being as simple as I can make it out to you lol.

---

Making a tiered system or not makes no extra work for the staff member.
    The checks they would have to do are all the same regardless of it being tiered.
    Making sure all regions are cleared, all members are removed from the town will continue to be the same. Checking to see how far the town is moving will still be the same regardless of how far the town is moved. They will still need to take money from the user regardless of how much it is, as after you have counted the blocks (cause its a check regardless of what system takes place) you'll automatically know which tier it will be under because you just counted yourself.
    I see no extra workload for staff members, so much so someone from the staff doing those apps has even come in this topic and said its no extra work.

So I still haven't been convinced that its nothing but a benefit to modify the current tiered system to make it more encouraging and accessible for people to use. If anything its probably one of the less used apps here on ECC, and getting more apps is only beneficial moving money out the economy and keeping players happy. Doesnt even have to be extremely complicated, but a 3 or 4 tiers ranging prices would be useful for all.

+1...still

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.