Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Change price for ranks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MinecraftParkerH, Jul 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MinecraftParkerH

MinecraftParkerH ECC ElonMusk
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +178
    In Game Name:
    MinecraftParkerH
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Change price for ranks
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting we increase prices for Tycoon+ at least double then what they are now. As well as possibly adding a newer rank. Currently with ECC tools you can make 100k-200k+ and even if you do not have an ECC tool you can still make 50k+ farming mobs or renting star tools for very very cheap due to the current surplus of tools. I am currently renting out 16 Melon swords (70k per week) and periodically my ECC rod (450k per day) with the rod a lone users can make millions in a day instead of them grinding for days to recieve the ranks. Also with people able to rent out tools for a week for very cheap (my fault) that is going to cause more users being able to make 25k-35k+ per hour instead of grinding with an eff5 pick or other jobs etc.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Help slow down inflation and to avoid hyperinflation.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Potato Potato x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. SixYT

SixYT Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️

Ratings:
    +408
    ecolegend 10 mil? ooof -1

3. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    +1.
    I think doubling the prices will make it harder to reach the end goal of ecolegend.
    Tycoon - 1 mil
    Ecoleader - 2 mil
    Ecomaster - 5 mil
    EcoLegend - 10 mil.

Maybe even add a new rank like EcoTitan for 25 mil..

These rank prices have been the same for years. We aren't in the era of 30k max per hour anymore. I think this would be a great add on and allow more money to be taken out of the economy.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  4. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +583
    oy quit stealin my idea

5. matrix_rep

matrix_rep Runner Up in BB20
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +7,451
    credit where credit is due ill admit

6. OniFox_

OniFox_ Long live Valaria
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +583
    I agree something with ranks needs to change, whether or not this is the change im not quite sure so I'll wait for others opinions

7. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    In bird culture, inflating the economy and then complaining about inflation is considered a dick move.

• Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  8. neecoalage

neecoalage Always sleepy.
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +506
    -1 I’ve noticed almost everyone who is commenting I’m here already has some of the highest ranks you are suggesting we change. Granted for people to make 50k an hour okay... but not everyone does.

I highly disagree with this entire post. You are gong to try and make something that is hard as is and make it even harder?

So unless it’s suggested to remove everyone’s in game rank and make them start over as well with the new prices, I will say -1 to this all day.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Roldert

Roldert ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +16
    To point i can agree with the idea of increasing the cost of ranks and even making a new rank to pull money out of economy to slow inflation. It is just kind hard to take this idea from people have already reached the rank of EcoLegend or are very close to reaching it. i feel more ideas need to be suggested along with this one in general to slow the inflation to make it more appealing to new players who are joining because the idea of joining and making even 1m is daunting to any new player who dose not know the server seeing ranks costing 10 mil + is gonna be a very daunting thing and might turn players away from playing the server to begin with.

10. MinecraftParkerH

Ratings:
    +178
    Im still a resident and thats why also mayor or resident wouldn't increase

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
    #10 MinecraftParkerH, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  11. neecoalage

neecoalage Always sleepy.
    ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +506

However even raising the prices, I’m sure you’ll be the first who can afford all of them... and I ain’t mad at you for it either, I just don’t believe in raising the prices, we already have builders come on who think 100k for mayor is impossible.. so why would we make the task more daunting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,319
    -1 I know we are a hardcore economy, but if we are basing this suggestion on prestige, the main server rank up prestige is already (arguably) the second most expensive prestige we got before these changes (10,280,000). This suggestion would raise the price of prestige by around 6mil, which would be a major turn off for many players; honestly, think of the number of EcoLegends we currently have compared to everyone else (lets exclude builders for now). I don’t know the exact ratio of EcoLegend to Resident-EcoMaster, but it is a rather large spread. This suggestion would defiantly not entice people to rank up, which honestly is the primary goal for Main.

TL;DR this suggestion will not be beneficial to anyone

13. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +436
    As stated above, this will mainly hurt new players and those who can not buy features, god keys, etc. We do need to remove money from the economy, as the god keys have caused inflation, but this is completely the wrong way to do it. I like the idea of a new and very expensive rank for the rich(maybe a 10 or 20 mil rank?), but it will need a large amount of benefits to make it worth paying for.

14. MinecraftParkerH

Ratings:
    +178
    The idea is to make it harder for the rich and for prestiges

15. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,060
    Your point here is that inflation will happen because you're renting out ECC tools, and renting out star tools cheaply. So basically, through you, people can earn too much for the "old" economy.

You're trying to create an economy where the only way to get ahead is by cutting you in.

Absolutely not. This is just a transparent attempt for you to further monopolize and control the economy.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  16. MinecraftParkerH

Ratings:
    +178
    lol

17. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +436
    Rich players would not have an issue paying these new prices. For those who are grinding out prestiges without spending boatloads of real money on the server, they have even more work to do to compete economically. We should be focused on economic balance, not letting the rich get even more of an advantage over everyone else.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  18. Pab_Jr

Pab_Jr Former Staff Member
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,151
    On the note of prestiges,
    The last Rank + The Crates Prestige are already the most expensive prestiges that you can get cost wise, seeing as most average around ~3mil when sold by players. All this really does is make it harder for people to move up and get the town claims, etc. Tycoon, Ecoleader, and whatnot are already pretty much money sinks offering only a town claim but no real other assets.

The Rich already have a hard time getting to the top rank, I personally have had upwards of 15mil in my balance and held it for a while, the issue is, it takes quite a while to get to that point, you cant argue ECC tools make it easy because it is 1% of ECC that really has a ECC tool and is able to use it, and even then say at 200k per hour it is still quite a bit of time, on top of which those rich users typically will lotto their money. The argument of having that many star tools to rent out also in my opinion shouldnt matter as that is less than 1% of users that have the ability to do so. So I mean yeah this makes things harder on the rich, but the true impact it has is that itll hurt the people who dont have access to the resources that the less than 1% have, be it a ECC tool, or a mass amount of star tools to rent out and make profit off of.

Also you mentioned being able to rent the ECC tools; first off that requires 400k if not more to rent for an entire day, to make that money back you need to grind at least 2 hours likely more, in order to make 1mil in a day you need to be grinding for 5 hours, but really you will have made 600k, so it would be 7 hours. 7 Hours is a lot of time to play, even for the most committed ECC users, so at best I would say 1mil a day with an ECC tool, that still means from President - EcoMaster it is 9 days of nonstop grinding for 7 hours a day, and not spending any of it, which is rarely ever the case. On the subject of making 50k an hour, sure that is possible with spawners, HOWEVER it also means buying those spawners, or buying perms to those spawners. The spawners that make that kind of money cost ~65k+, and just one wont be enough, say you are doing polarbears with a PVP Axe, you need 6-10 to make any kind of good money, so that is 400k (if only 6 spawners), buying that Star tool, which sure may be cheaper right now, and then hoping that nobody finds it, now if nobody finds it and say you use it for 4 hours a day at 50k an hour, in one month you are looking between 5-6mil in profit, not including if you had to rent that star tool, which means you would need 2 months of absolutely no spending in order to make the money for that prestige, but also requiring the spawners to do so, and be able to do the 4 hours a day required.

If we were to double the price for all the ranks as is suggested, you would have to double the times, so with an ECC tool you are looking at 18 days of absolutely no spending at 7 hours per day, and with a Star tool at a grinder you are looking at 4 months of 4 hours per day, requiring the needed spawners, and having the tools.

Tldr; This is going to hurt the poor more than it will those that are already rich.
    (Sorry for the long message, just kept finding more points that I wanted to make in here lol)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #18 Pab_Jr, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  19. David_Torento

David_Torento ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +422
    -buys tons of ECD with USD
    -uses it to buy melon swords
    -causes prices to decrease for weekly star tool rentals bc he rents them out a ton.
    -complains about people being able to make too much money with little investment
    -suggests to raise the price of higher ranks, that people who rent the tools don’t even have the ability to afford a tool, let alone the ranks as it is.

I have a different suggestion. Throw all your melon swords in lava and that will help the inflation a little.

• Agree x 7
    • Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  20. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    -1 Plain and simple; this would hurt more people than it would help.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.