Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Boosted L3 Pickaxe

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheSavageBull, Oct 3, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSavageBull

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +38
    In Game Name:
    TheSavageBull
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boosted L3 Pickaxe
    What are you suggesting:
    I have two different ideas for boosting the pickaxe. Both involve reducing the yield of certain ores and replacing the lost yield with emeralds. I have written down the ideas separately from the implementation numbers.

(A)
    L3 B1 Pickaxe - Emerald Finder 1 - Slightly reduces diamond yield from mining diamond ore, small chance to pick up emeralds from diamond ore.

L3 B2 Pickaxe - Emerald Finder 2 - Moderately reduces diamond yield from mining diamond ore, small-to-medium chance to pick up emeralds from diamond ore.

L3 B3 Pickaxe - Emerald Finder 3 - Greatly reduces diamond yield from mining diamond ore, medium chance to pick up emeralds from diamond ore.

(A Potential Implementation)
    L3 B1 Pickaxe - 3 diamonds per ore. 4% chance of emeralds.
    L3 B2 Pickaxe - 2 diamonds per ore. 8% chance of emeralds.
    L3 B3 Pickaxe - 1 diamond per ore. 12% chance of emeralds.
    *Not sure on amount of emeralds right now and the percentages are just examples.

(B)
    L3 B1 Pickaxe - Emerald Finder 1 - Slightly reduces diamond yield from mining diamond ore, small chance to pick up emeralds from diamond ore.

L3 B2 Pickaxe - Emerald Finder 2 - Emerald Finder 1 + Moderately reduces gold yield from mining gold ore, small chance to pick up emeralds from gold ore.

L3 B3 Pickaxe - Emerald Finder 3 - Emerald Finder 2 + Greatly reduces iron yield from mining iron ore, small chance to pick up emeralds from iron ore. Possibly increase the chance of finding emeralds for diamond ore from small to small-to-medium.

(B Potential Implementation)
    L3 B1 Pickaxe - 3 diamonds per ore. 4% chance of emeralds.
    L3 B2 Pickaxe - 12 gold per ore. 3% chance of emeralds.
    L3 B3 Pickaxe - 6 iron per ore. 2% chance of emeralds.
    *Not sure on amount of emeralds right now and the percentages are just examples.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    The idea behind this boosted pickaxe is to simultaneously increase the potential value gained while mining, as well as reduce the amount of money being put into the economy through /sell hand. The only people that will have an increased velocity towards the emerald collector medal are those who have spent USD or approximately 17m to obtain the L3 B3.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    I do not have any plugins in mind.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 TheSavageBull, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  2. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +433

Finding emeralds is hard for a reason -- they are one of the most, if not the most uncommon ores in Minecraft. ECC has enough modifications to vanilla and I personally don't see this as another modification to make, whether it's to increasing drops or increasing ore frequency.

I saw a claim that someone who invests $17,000,000 into boosting a pickaxe should be able to prestige faster. I disagree. Given the raised server value of mined goods, the frequency of other ores, and how OP magic picks are already, someone seeking emeralds should be able to pay the premium. A person making $120,000 per hour with an L3 magic pick should be able to purchase emeralds at $1000 compared to someone making $20,000 with a max diamond pick.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. TheSavageBull

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +38
    You brought up many great points. Now I will respond to them.
    1) Finding emeralds is hard for a reason -- they are one of the most, if not the most uncommon ores in Minecraft.
    C1) This does not need to change. I am suggesting that the pickaxe gives the player an emerald yield per hour no matter their location. In terms of rarity, we can have the yield mimic that of a hills biome, or slightly less to account for the fact that the pickaxe will pick up actual emeralds in a hills biome. Yes, this will make them marginally less 'rare', but it will only do so by decreasing the amount of time a player needs to spend to find a biome with emeralds. We keep the rarity in tact by copying the hills biome distributions.

2) I personally don't see this as another modification to make, whether it's to increasing drops or increasing ore frequency.
    C2) August 21, 2023. You are closing in on your 10 years on ECO, congratulations! However, you just completed your emerald collector chest under 2 months ago. As such, your opinion on the drops is inherently biased. After all, if I thought of this idea 3 months ago and it benefited you, you may have had a different outlook. I apologize for not coming up with the idea sooner, but I was very clear in the post - the idea is NOT to increase drops or ore frequency. It is to rebalance the drops such that ores drop less items that can be sold to the server in favor of emeralds, which cannot be sold to the server. The numbers here can be balanced so that boosting a pick provides a financial benefit while not also becoming overpowered.

3) I saw a claim that someone who invests $17,000,000 into boosting a pickaxe should be able to prestige faster. I disagree. Given the raised server value of mined goods, the frequency of other ores...
    C3) Marginally faster, see comment 2. Again, you bring up the prices of other mined goods and the frequency of ores. The emerald distribution and drop rates can be adjusted to reflect what is in a hills biome.

4) ..., and how OP magic picks are already, someone seeking emeralds should be able to pay the premium. A person making $120,000 per hour with an L3 magic pick should be able to purchase emeralds at $1000 compared to someone making $20,000 with a max diamond pick.
    C4)Hahahahahahahahahaha. OP? Magic picks cost at most 2m to obtain. Do I need to remind you how little this is? Fishing rods (at their prime time) were 10m. Melon swords cost 10-12m. L2 arrow + xbow costs about 16m. There is a reason every single toolset I just listed costs over 5 times the magic pickaxe. It is vastly inferior - it requires much more effort and gives less value. My tool of choice is the l2 arrow + xbow. I make upwards of 500k/hr, so no, I will not agree with the notion that an l3 pickaxe which makes 120k/hr is 'OP'. As for 'the premium', I say 15m in boosts is quite a premium - 1/3 of the price of a mythic sword to make the pickaxe more viable and more fun.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,098
    We pretty much agree with this.

There are enough emeralds coming into the economy already.
    Furthermore in December, the new world generation will include far more diamond_ore and this is something we have to watch carefully. This suggestion simply wouldn't work well with our economy.

#4 andrewkm, Oct 10, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.