Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Boosted Bell

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheSavageBull, Nov 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSavageBull

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +38
    In Game Name:
    TheSavageBull
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boosted Bell
    What are you suggesting:
    B1 - Spawn a tradeable villager that despawns after 45 minutes.
    B2 - Spawn a tradeable villager that despawns after 1 hour.
    B3 - Spawn a tradeable villager that despawns after 1.5 hours.

All levels are player locked for a week after using, but the player can choose the profession.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    With emeralds being relatively easy to obtain by having a magic pick and a magic shovel, the idea of this suggestion is to give older players the ability to create sets of armor and tools for newer players. I would personally give out free max tools and armor to new players with this.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:
    Booster
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,353
    -1 we don’t need villager traders to make emeralds dummy easy to get

3. SirSpuzzy

SirSpuzzy Wandering Shulker Salesman
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +242
    We dont need to give new players more free shit
    Its a walk in the park to mayor now compared to when i started

4. bsqt

bsqt Head of Sports
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +337

not needed, and also 99% sure that wont be easily implementable.

5. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ V ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +454

I am not a fan of this idea for several reasons:

1) Villager trading is disabled for a reason. It's nearly impossible to control what their trades will be like, and it has the potential to break the economy. Also, there is the aspect of performance issues; villagers are known to be laggy, particularly when they're huddled in a small area, searching the path they should walk on, collecting blocks for their task, etc. (This may be why villager spawners do not exist / cannot be spun from the spawner crate.) Many users spawning many villagers could be disastrous for performance.

2) It may be your intention to give out free max tools and armor to new users, but this can be seen as mimicking trickle-down economics and their inefficacies on ECC. Trickle-down economics does not work -- or at least the extent it should -- in real life, nor will it on ECC. As it stands, the enchants on a max diamond pickaxe -- efficiency 5, fortune 3, and unbreaking 3 -- cost 5000 exp, or ~9 netherstars to make, translating to about $22,500. This is for one max tool. Wealthy users aren't going to take the effort or spend the kind of money it translates to to make a max pickaxe. They're rather going to pawn the netherstars for money, or save up for a God Drop. There's also a reason max tools and armor aren't put in /kit starter; iron tools / armor are meant to be a starting point, not a way to be closer to end-game tools. This leads me to another reason.

3) SirSpuzzy summed it up rather well, but ranking up, and I'm sure many will agree, has become much easier than pre-TaxMan. When it comes to tools, it's the same way -- tools have become much easier to obtain now more than ever. Melon swords used to be the meta; they cost 1500 netherstars. Star pickaxes used to be the meta; they were 1500 netherstars. Now, they're both attainable at 200 netherstars. It is still a grind, but it is much less of one. Back in the day, they were considered end-game; today, they are considered inferior.

4) When did emeralds become "relatively easy to obtain"? They're sitting at around $700-$800 each, which is lower than their peak of $1100, but is still much higher than they used to be.

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Basically all the -1's summarize my thoughts pretty well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.