Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] Boost McMMO Unarmed XP Gains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WeirdBuilder, Aug 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeirdBuilder

WeirdBuilder Former StrangeAdmin
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,055
    In Game Name:
    WeirdBuilder
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Boost McMMO Unarmed XP Gains
    What are you suggesting:
    I suggest that we increase Unarmed McMMO XP gains by 2-3x from all sources, so as to be more in-line with XP gains from other combat skills.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    To adequately explain why I feel this change is necessary, I first need to clarify how McMMO handles combat XP.

Combat skills McMMO XP gains are determined by how much damage you can deal to a particular target. As a result, the more damage you can deal to a target, the more XP you gain per attack. The benefit of skills such as Axes or Swords is that you can use Max Tools, or even Star/ECC tools to reach the upper cap of how much damage you can deal to a particular target, with higher HP targets being the best to train on. An ideal scenario for leveling axes, for example, would be using an ECC Axe (Sharp 10) and insta-killing a polar bear (30 HP) with a critical jump.

Since combat McMMO skills grant XP based on damage dealt to a target, the unarmed skill is in an especially disadvantageous position given that its base damage is 1 HP (1 half heart). The only way to increase unarmed damage is by drinking a strength potion; however, these are currently disabled on ECC. Therefore, the only way to achieve a damage boost is through the sub-skills "Iron Arm Style" and "Unarmed Limit Break", which only become relevant at much higher levels.

For reference, I have provided some statistics regarding other combat McMMO abilities and their respective XP gain rates. The first set of values represent XP gains at base rates, whereas the second set of values represent them at McMMOPlus3 rates. (These values aren't exact as perfect testing conditions prove challenging to achieve.)

Swords:
    41 (82/s) / 164 (328/s)

Bows:
    ~75 (75/s) / ~300 (300/s)

Unarmed (Lvl 130):
    10 (20/s) / 40 (80/s)

Unarmed (Lvl 0)
    1 (2/s) / 4 (8/s)

An argument one could make is that at high levels, this change would make unarmed too easy to level. However, by the time you hit level 600-800 where leveling is "easier," you've already passed the "grindy" portion of Unarmed 0-600, and the amount of XP to level-up is sufficiently high that it would offset the increased XP gains.

Tl;dr: Until you reach levels ~600+, unarmed is significantly more difficult to level than any other combat skill, and it's XP gains should be increased as a result.
    Other information:
    N/A
    Plugin or custom addition:
    Config change for McMMO
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 WeirdBuilder, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    +1 to even get to the first level of Unarmed, it took me almost two minutes (with max boosters from buycraft). I know mcMMO has a prestige and it should be fairly challenging, but this skill is near impossible to get to 1000 without help from buycraft

3. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +624
    +1 I don’t see this skill as being possible to obtain without buying levels outright or at the very least getting the 4x multiplier.

4. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    As a medically insane person who got 1000 unarmed levels legitimately, I still +1 this, as no man not woman should feel the pain that I endured.

I was relatively fortunate enough to have leveled the first 700 or so levels prior to the removal of strength potions, however, I cannot imagine the pain one must go through to get through the worst of it at the beginning without potions.

#4 kenny0011, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  5. block_crusher

block_crusher Prestige 6, Ex-Ecolegend, $ EcoLeader $
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    Idk if this is really necessary.
    I agree that unarmed is one of the slowest skills to level up but I know that many users already have level 1000 or higher including myself.

I don’t think it is needed because it’s meant to be something you have to grind a lot for and one of the harder prestiges.

6. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    @block_crusher I think you're missing what Kenny, one of those people with 1000, said. They got to 1000 levels when Strength pots worked on mobs. They don't work anymore. Training it is now significantly harder and according to Kenny, it was already pretty damn hard.

+1 To fixing this.

#6 Revanrose6, Aug 5, 2020
  7. block_crusher

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    I never used potions and I got 1000 unarmed so.. what I’m saying is you don’t need those potions to get to 1000 unarmed as I did it without the potions so I don’t really think it’s necessary, but if people don’t agree with me whatever.

I agree it is a very hard skill to level up but I think it is part of the grind.

#7 block_crusher, Aug 5, 2020
  8. Jdawger

Jdawger Goes by Brass Scribe everwhere except MC & ECC
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,269
    I 100% disagree with this statement. Of the many people with unarmed 1000+ that I talked to, most of them ended up buying the 1000 levels for it, and of the people who didn’t, they used strength potions before that was changed.

Like I said in my comment, it took a long time to even get to the first level (I used my alt to test getting to the first level. It took over 5 minutes, closer to 10 to get to level 1, and they don’t have boosters). That is supposed to be the easiest and fastest level to acquire. That’s a really bad issue, especially when alchemy, the old worst skill to level up, is better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,058
    "I did this the hardest possible way and now everyone should suffer for my mistake"

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Potato Potato x 1
    • List
  10. block_crusher

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +979
    Don’t need to grill me lol.

All I was saying is that most of the grinds on this “hardcore economy server” do not even exist anymore because people either spend money from in real life or complain that things are too hard and request a change.

I don’t appreciate the hostility @Nicit6.
    Everyone is allowed to have an opinion but don’t need to be rude.

#10 block_crusher, Aug 5, 2020
  11. Karin_88

Karin_88 The Rainbow Ex-GA
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,196
    Definitely +1 this. Unarmed is a skill that's insanely hard to level up, and with the removal of strength potions, even worse now. If this change was implemented it would make grinding this skill a little more worth it again.

12. Lodogg

Lodogg Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +36
    +1 this would be awesome.

13. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Live next maintenance.