Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Ban use of PM color in global and trade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bobman3355, Dec 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Mayor ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +866
    In Game Name:
    bobman3355
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Ban use of PM color in global and trade
    What are you suggesting:
    Either through tweaking of perms or a chat rule, prevent people from using the same color as PMs in global chat and trade chat. I believe this would just be not letting people use &d color code for their public chat channel messages.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    It is so fucking annoying when people do this. A lot of time I want to be mostly ignoring global and trade chat but don't want to miss pms.
    Other information:

Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

2. Vxrvh

Vxrvh Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +23
    -1 Cant see why this is that big of a bother. Turn off global chat if it annoy's you that much. Personally I don't mind it.

3. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Hello, Bobman3355, or if I may call you Bobman335 for short.

While I don't agree with this suggestion in any form or way in the slightest, if certain users are annoying you, the usual measure is to /ignore them.

If that doesn't fit your fancy, you can always /ch leave (insert channel name here).

No need to completely disable a color code just because your jimmies get rustled upon seeing the color of &d pop up in chat.

Don't be like a bull and get angry over a color. You may need to look deep within yourself to overcome this, but I believe in you. You got this.

4. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor

Ratings:
    +866
    I mean yea I would prefer not to leave chat. Its mostly the recolored trade messages that are especially annoying. Why even have different channels be different colors if people can just change the color to imitate a different channel.

5. OlympiansAreGods

OlympiansAreGods Building Fanatic
    EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,756

People can easily see after often a second glance that it is in fact not a PM, so cannot be fooled as well as it is a patron perk, and if you want to go with this line of reasoning, let's disable all use of colors because they can be used to imitate different channels. That's just not feasible.

I strongly advise /ignore or /ch leave or just learning to live with it.

6. bobman3355

bobman3355 Mayor

Ratings:
    +866
    I mean I don't dislike &d, it's just that all &d messages look like pms and it is helpful to have chat organized based on color so that you can find the intent of a message without needing to read the entire thing. White is global, grey for trade and pink for pms. I wouldn't take issue with part &d messages that are not issued with the intent of imitating a pm.

7. FwgKing

FwgKing
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Investor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VIII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +420
    Hello, Bobman335.

After reading through your reply, I can see that you have deterred from your original wanting of "&d" removed to now wanting all color codes removed from trade channels.

As I'm sure you're well aware when making a suggestion, there is only one suggestion per thread, so please, stay on topic here and do not deter from your original post to avoid confusion from readers.

With regards,
    FwgKing, Benefactor of EcoCityCraft.

Hello again, Bobman33. I've shortened your name now since we've became closer.

While I also suffer from not using my eyes properly sometimes, I can safely say that pm's look different from "&d" posts in global.

Some key indicators are

1. Pm's say "From" and "To".
    2. Pm's don't say [G], [MN, [M], nor [M].
    I hope I've been able to help clear out some confusion here.

If you are not wanting to read the entire thing, then you should focus on reading the key parts as I listed above.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you read all of this.

#7 FwgKing, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  8. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,459
    I’m not really a fan of setting a precedent of removing colors due to the reason of “it’s annoying”

You can argue that for about five of the available colors and all of that can be solved with /ignore if someone’s being cheeky, especially if a user you know is making a point to annoy you with the color.

9. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Denied based on above responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.