Accepted [All Main Servers Suggestion] allow /smelt on coal ore

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chundi_Jr, Jul 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fr0zenTiger

Fr0zenTiger Mayor
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $4,278,500
    Ratings:
    +690
  2. Chundi_Jr

Chundi_Jr Ex-Rebecca
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VII ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,994
    I feel as though I have made my point with my previous posts, but I will wrap up with this.

I first would like to note that the previous suggestion that resulted in the change was posted on Mar 12, and approved on Mar 12, in effect shortly thereafter. I don’t want to place any blame for this, but in my opinion if this suggestion were left open for longer and more opinions were able to be shared, the suggestion may not have gone through. As we’ve seen with this suggestion to reverse the change, with several days for players to view and leave their opinions, we have an overwhelming majority to reverse or at least remedy the change by simply adding coal ore back to the /smelt command.

I would like to quote the wiki for my next point. The wiki page for extcreations+ has these commands listed as follows:

As it states, I should be able to “instantly smelt everything” in my inventory. Well, I am currently only able to smelt 2/7 ores minecraft possesses in 1.15.2. This is one of the reasons why I, and I believe many others, even purchased the feature. While I can understand the annoyance of having to move ores around, let’s remember that this feature comes with both /smelt all and /smelt, which will only smelt the stack you hold in your hand; /smelt all is not the only option. In addition to this, those who want to fortune their ores have several alternatives at their disposal for storage including player vaults, travel bags, enderchest, or simply storing it in a chest.
    On the other side, if I don’t want to fortune my ores I have to place them back down and rebreak them (which at this point I may as well fortune them) though I am trying to avoid wasting time in the first place. My only other alternative is to try to sell them in ore form, which I personally have not been able to find a shop that buys bulk coal ore, or at least a shop that is not full, or I am forced to burn them in lava, /ci, or /trash, all of which results in no profit for me.

I would like to hear thoughts from @Revanrose6, @David_Torento, and @Karin_88, since their posts aided in the change being made.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    #22 Chundi_Jr, Jul 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  3. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    Based on this suggestion failing I've been instructed to resubmit my smelt allore suggestion to give us an option like cnd allnorev. Best o fee both worlds!

#23 FuriuosGeorge, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,066
    I agree with this.
    All ores added back to smelting and will be live after our next Maintenance (sometime tomorrow).
    @ClarinetPhoenix please make any relevant wiki changes if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.