Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Allow plots to be claimed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kkha, Feb 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkha

kkha Norwegian Country Man
    ECC Benefactor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +150
    In Game Name:
    kkha
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Allow plots to be claimed
    What are you suggesting:
    I suggest that new players, who gets introduced to a town, can claim their desired plot themselves. This can be controlled by a town flag, where you can either allow it, or deny it. This will reduce the need of /warp plots, which is a staff town, and maybe aswell increase the use of player towns.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Currently a player owned town with plots is the most useless thing you can own. There's none who joins it if a owner is not online, and not only that, you needs to be present at the town when the new user joins it, cause they cant claim the plot themselves.
    Other information:
    I know this sounds lazy from the town owners side, but imagine the positive stuffs this can bring. Towns can finally be populized again, and new members can join the town even when the owner is offline, or AFK.
    Plugin or custom addition:
    I belive its all in the current plugins, and just needs to be opened.
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. OConner1279

OConner1279 President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +626
    I believe that this is already possible, you can assign the builders group as the owner of all ploits, and a builder cam come along and add themselves and remove the builders group from their one plot.

3. kenny0011

kenny0011 Resident
    Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐

Ratings:
    +816
    Builders are unable to add or remove other users from regions, that's a resident+ thing iirc. Anyway, adding a whole rank as an owner is somewhat of a risky business, with that whole group being able to have complete control over everything (something that no doubt could be easily abused).

As for the "claim" command in worldguard, from looking into it it is a loose aliase of /RG define that can be more customised for other servers, such as limiting amount of claimable chunks, a system that is not used here. (I.e. it creates a new region, not add them to a pre-existing regions). As such, any such command to claim a pre-existing region would no likely require some custom code.

Although +1. Anything that helps drives new players to "real towns" as oppose to warp plots is a good thing in my books.

#3 kenny0011, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  4. Nicit6

Nicit6 N6
    Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +8,061
    This could be pretty cool if implemented properly by town owners.

It might not be terribly helpful long term; across my time the vast majority of builders looking for towns have wanted active towns with a bit of hustle and bustle. The town mayor not even being there for you as you join is basically the opposite of 'active'.

5. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    We don't have a large enough influx of new players to warrant such an addition at this time.
    Perhaps in the future. I much rather have people actually communicate with each other now, rather than automate everything mindlessly. Communication creates community, especially on a server without a massive new user flow. New users will still have to ask about which towns have plots, etc. Next thing you know we'll have a suggestion asking for /availableplots command. Give it a few months and we'll have recreated Towny lol. Sorry not down for that. Have always been against it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    #5 andrewkm, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.