Denied [All Main Servers Suggestion] Ability to break spawner (if one placed)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Arhinman, May 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐

Ratings:
    +146
    In Game Name:
    Arhinman
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    All Main Servers
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Ability to break spawner (if one placed)
    What are you suggesting:
    Currently we can't destroy spawners in the mining world, which is a good idea to prevent more griefing. It would be great to allow the person who placed the spawner to be able to destroy it, at least him.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    Other information:
    In these situations, (as shown in screens), people can be easily trolled, and there is no way to stop this. My suggestion is, ok I lose my setup and got trolled, no problem it already happened, but to prevent others players from being trolled, maybe giving the permission to the one who set up spawners to destroy them is a way to stop the troll. No spawners, no troll.
    Because spawners are umbreakable, there are currently no solution to stop this (except time, but some players seem to be passionated in this kind of stuff and to don't get tired of it).
    As a result of it, we saw this Morning (night for the majority) some players filling complaints, whereas they got trolled and did not even have a clue of it. Again, if the one who placed it can destroy it, everybody stop losing time.

Thanks for reading.
    Plugin or custom addition:

One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

Edit : When I say break, it means destroying the block without looting it of course​

#1 Arhinman, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder

Ratings:
    +146
    I forgot to mention it, but the result si that some players got banned, without (for some) even knowing they got trolled (they lose their money) and kind of trapped. I don't seem so, but breaking spawners would have prevent that (only for the owner, or it will be a zoo)

3. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    Then all I have to do is place my polar bear spawners this month. A day or two before reset, go pick them up, then place them next month + all the new ones I got, rinse and repeat.

This will kill the economy. Massive -1 from me.

4. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder

Ratings:
    +146

#4 Arhinman, May 14, 2020
  5. Arhinman

Arhinman Builder

Ratings:
    +146
    You should probably read the Edit I made hours ago to prevent this kind of message after reading too fast. But I will write it again.

When I say "Break" It means destroy. A day or two before you can go break them, and you won't loot anything. No problem.

#5 Arhinman, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
  6. Revanrose6

Revanrose6 Sith Lord
    ECC Sponsor Resident ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +3,306
    I don't think its possible to restrict who can break the spawners to just the one who placed it, but I could be wrong.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. MasterNathan

MasterNathan Addicted Gambler
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +30
    -1 from me

I agree with Revan, I just don’t know if this is possible. And if it is possible idk how much work it will take the developers to implement. I guess if it was super easy then sure +1, but I don’t see it as a big enough problem.

#7 MasterNathan, May 14, 2020
  8. ChefCraft19

ChefCraft19 Microsoft Excel Certified
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +442
    If spawners could be locked via the LWC system I could see this working, but I know literally nothing about coding or anything so I’m not sure if this is even possible. Honestly I don’t see a point in being able to break them though as you wouldn’t be looting it(We can all agree looting would break the economy). I understand there is some frustration right now with spawners being found and the coords being released, but that’s the risk you take when you decide to purchase and set up spawners.

Overall it’s a -1 from me, spawners are destroyed when the mining world resets monthly anyway. I’m sure our development team has much better things to work on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Moderator ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +360
    Beat me to it

It would be possible with the integration of logblock, and might be a mod kozz can sell, but I would expect the time frame on it would be a bit drawn out. first linking the info from LB then setting a plot that allows only the person who placed the block to break it using deny-block-break or something. it's doable, but is it worth it?

10. BillyNoToes

BillyNoToes A chainsaw got mad at me and took my toes
    ECC Sponsor Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +110
    -1 personally if a spawner setup I made gets griefed and/or trolled I couldn't give a damn, it's the mining world griefing is allowed.

11. UnitedStates2

UnitedStates2 Builder
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,302
    Not happening.

You should keep in mind, however, that intentionally messing a spawner set-up that someone happens to be using falls under our trolling/harassment rules. Please forward incidents of this happening to staff.

People paid money for these spawners and it's not acceptable behavior to do any of this.

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,112
    Staff will now act on users trolling spawner setups.
    Breaking spawners however will never happen, people will simply break them prior to reset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.