Denied Advertising

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Conorx, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conorx

Conorx Its well and truly Big Boy Season
    Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +293
    Minecraft Name:
    Conorx.
    Suggestion:
    I am suggesting that the management team put money into advertising.
    Reason:
    I think this would be good for numerous reasons.

Firstly, it would create an incoming player base of which would help the economy more in a few ways. For example. the addition of more voters will create more stars on the servers, allowing for star tools to lower in price gradually. Furthermore, the higher player count will allow for a more enjoyable experience for the recurring player base. From an internal point of view, it would be clear that more money would be coming in from donations, and the higher player counts will make us seem like a more popular server overall.

Secondly, from the point of view from the current server player base, i doubt you would find many people who would object to attempting to reach higher player counts, as i'm sure many of them remember when we had 400 player counts, and how active the server was.

Thirdly, i think it would increase the competitive money making methods on the server, such as SG or End Farming. With more players joining the server, we would most likely see the return of our PVP money making methods. Currently, SG is practically dead, with the same 7-8 players playing at all times. End Farming is fairly straightforward, with very little people actually competing against each other, whereas if we had more players, we would see the end filling up and people hunting others down.

Other Information:
    MCSL slots aren't too poorly priced, and have great benefits. I'll look forward do seeing how Andrew and Jamie respond to this, as it is something that i have found is looked for in the community, but very little people have actually decided to speak up.
    Link to this plugin/Is this a custom addition?:
    N/A

2. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,629
    +1000 more builders would also help towns its really hard to sell plots now i basically have to give them away and And Even Thats hard LOL... but yea i think we should be advertising some more mcsl is a great site to start with i see no downside to this suggestion.

#2 jwpwns, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  3. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    No. Throwing money at advertisements is silly when there's nothing to make those builders stick around. It's a huge waste of money.

ECC is not newb friendly. Not in the slightest. Only a rare few stick around.

4. jwpwns

jwpwns ECC Sponsor
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +1,629
    yes we have other major issues when it comes to keeping players maybe we need to address those first but still think it would help bring in some players right now we get like 4:D

#4 jwpwns, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  5. kukelekuuk

kukelekuuk C͕̹̲̽ͪ͐ͩ̔L̜̦̝͈ͦ̿̾̿ḘA̻̗̤̳̐ͭ̆̿̃̑ͭN̊̓͑̇ͯ
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +6,925
    ECC needs improvements before it should even consider throwing money at ads. While it might help get new players now, it would help get a lot more new players with some improvements. Money better spent.

6. JamieSinn

JamieSinn Retired Lead Administrator/Developer
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-Tycoon ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +4,588
    Kuke is 100% correct.

For the record, for us to invest in advertising, would be upwards of $20,000. For 1 month.

Administration will not be investigating advertising until as kuke said, we make it so that builders will stick around.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.