Denied [Website & Forums Suggestion] Have an "ECC Staff" account on the forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FuryFudge, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,325
    In Game Name:
    FuryFudge
    What part of EcoCityCraft is this suggestion for:
    Website & Forums
    Short title for your suggestion:
    Have an "ECC Staff" account on the forum
    What are you suggesting:
    I am suggesting that there be an "ECC Staff" forum account. And that all threads coming from the staff team (like the ones announcing competitions/events) be created through this account and all previous threads like this be copy pasted onto the "ECC Staff" account.
    Why is this a good addition for EcoCityCraft?:
    I got this idea from when I moderated the FortniteBR subreddit. They had the same thing which was put in place so all announcements etc seemed like they were coming from the staff as a collective rather than the individual and it meant that all positive or negative reception of information didn't affect an individual. I believe this reasoning can apply here as well.
    Other information:
    None of the announcements should be credited to an individual in my opinion, as most are not the result of that individual's effort. (Andrew excluded of course)
    Plugin or custom addition:
    N/A
    One suggestion per form:
    I Understand.

#1 FuryFudge, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    But I like my sticky threads. D:
    (I'll admit, in this case I do consider myself biased because I'd like to keep my stickies.)

On a more serious note:
    If it's for the sake of consistency, we already have an account named "andrewkm" for the most important stickies. I don't see any real benefit of having a separate account to own sticky threads just because "most are not the result of that individual's effort" (and, on that note, the ones you mentioned are).

As I said, I'm definitely biased here - personally, I consider the non-andrew stickies to be part of ECC's staff history (just like the News subforum, which also has a mix of andrew, staff, and non-staff without any issues) and I'd hate to see that part erased.

3. FuryFudge

FuryFudge IDK ask Fury
    Builder ⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,325
    Yes my thoughts were a bit all over the place and when I was writing it I wasn't really thinking of that it may seem I was saying that all threads like this took no effort from the individual, sorry about that. On that train of thought I was more thinking of like the announcement that staff apps are open or there is a new building competition.

(Eg https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/skyblock-season-3-island-build-competition-futuristic.177839/)

And while threads made by ex-staff members do contribute to the history of ECC staff, I still maintain it doesn't quite look right to have stickies by Residents/Builders which seem to represent staff interests.

Eg

But I do understand your viewpoint though, because especially with the example I am using here, it is obvious you put in a lot of effort to create it (and thanks for that). I would be willing to relent this point, so I will edit it out.

#3 FuryFudge, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,065
    Not needed, as well I have quite a few reasons as to why this won’t happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.